IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Check this out: Navigation/dvd Option for NON-NAVI ML OWNERS?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-09, 09:00 AM
viettho
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

subscribed, even though i have oem nav . If I ever buy another car, i'll go to this website if they offer nav
Old 11-05-09, 10:05 AM
njmurvin
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This is pretty exciting stuff. But, I'm still a bit confused . . .

1) Is this available for 2006 IS non-Nav models? I see a lot of later models mentioned and the website implies later models. I know this has been asked above in this thread, but I see no answer.

2) Do any of you early adopters who are rushing to order already have the factory Nav? If so, why fork out more $$$ after purchasing a pretty expensive option to begin with? Does it really add that much over and above the stock Nav?

I was going to just get a Parrot bluetooth unit for iPhone audio streaming and handsfree phone (and continue to use my Garmin for occasional guidance). But, this is a VERY interesting option to me.
Old 11-05-09, 11:02 AM
djsai
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by njmurvin
This is pretty exciting stuff. But, I'm still a bit confused . . .

1) Is this available for 2006 IS non-Nav models? I see a lot of later models mentioned and the website implies later models. I know this has been asked above in this thread, but I see no answer.

2) Do any of you early adopters who are rushing to order already have the factory Nav? If so, why fork out more $$$ after purchasing a pretty expensive option to begin with? Does it really add that much over and above the stock Nav?

I was going to just get a Parrot bluetooth unit for iPhone audio streaming and handsfree phone (and continue to use my Garmin for occasional guidance). But, this is a VERY interesting option to me.
Hello njmurvin, answers to your questions,

1. I asked Flyaudio if the 08-09 units work for 06-07 year cars and he said YES!!...but wasnt sure if the 09 model unit will work for earlier year cars i.e 06, 07,08. You can call him at 425-672-4828 for more questions.

2. Me and jonathan have standard non-navi cars and thus want to order this to have these cool functions lol.. But I guess if you have navi the extra features you have: play DVD's, HD screen, Bluetooth, USB ports and support and AUXs for iPod, extra monitors now . I know there are hacks to play dvd's but I think it works only for ML equipped IS's.

QUICK UPDATE TO CL: UNITS ARE NOW IN STOCKK SO EXCCCCCITEDD. Me and Jonathan are ordering as I type this and we will do reviews and video for you guys...

Last edited by djsai; 11-05-09 at 11:05 AM.
Old 11-05-09, 11:19 AM
quintmann
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just ordered!!! will be shipped out today and will hopefully get it the middle of next week!!

ill post pics of the install and the interface after installed
Old 11-05-09, 11:20 AM
supaIS350
Lead Lap

As stated earlier, the 09 model has different coloring panels. So I'm guessing the 08 version has the same coloring as the 06-07 IS so it should work fine.
Old 11-05-09, 11:26 AM
djsai
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by supaIS350
As stated earlier, the 09 model has different coloring panels. So I'm guessing the 08 version has the same coloring as the 06-07 IS so it should work fine.
True and also the guy told me the protocols for 09 units are different or something like that..
Old 11-05-09, 11:31 AM
djsai
Lexus Test Driver

For some people who were little skeptical about the parts and the chinese units and quaility like I was at first here is some bright news. After some research and talkin to guys and Flyaudio and retailers they told me that the Screen is made my Samsung and most of the parts circuitboard, wires and all the stuff are made my Toshiba just little info that did give me little confidence when I was buying it, I cant wait to get my hands on this unit..
Old 11-05-09, 12:01 PM
supaIS350
Lead Lap

Did you guys order online through their site or over the phone? I don't see where you can add the backup camera online.

I am excited to see how this turn outs. I hope ya can tell me it's badazz so I can be the next to order. LOL.
Old 11-05-09, 12:18 PM
Silec
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by djsai
True and also the guy told me the protocols for 09 units are different or something like that..

different? how so?
Old 11-05-09, 12:24 PM
quintmann
Pole Position

Originally Posted by supaIS350
Did you guys order online through their site or over the phone? I don't see where you can add the backup camera online.

I am excited to see how this turn outs. I hope ya can tell me it's badazz so I can be the next to order. LOL.
djsai and I ordered thru electrawarehouse.com. we both worked with marlin and he helped us out alot!! so if ur thinking about gettin this unit call and talk to him.

Originally Posted by specc00
different? how so?
when djsai and I confrence called the flyaudio guys they didn't really say what kind of changes were between the too, they just said the color and the protocols inside were different....
Old 11-05-09, 01:12 PM
Silec
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by quintmann
djsai and I ordered thru electrawarehouse.com. we both worked with marlin and he helped us out alot!! so if ur thinking about gettin this unit call and talk to him.

when djsai and I confrence called the flyaudio guys they didn't really say what kind of changes were between the too, they just said the color and the protocols inside were different....
I gave Marlin a call and he said that its pretty much the same unit for the 09+ except for the fact that the internals are a little bit updated since there are newer technology in the 09-10 models then the 06-08 models.
Old 11-05-09, 01:12 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Sweet Cant wait for pics/videos!!

What was your final price with backup camera? Did you get the bluetooth device?
Old 11-05-09, 01:37 PM
eboot
Driver

Does this unit sync or store your contacts via bluetooth?
Old 11-05-09, 02:13 PM
MKsky
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think i'm the one who knows the information about this system ever since it was prototype. I'm like some of you guys that brought a IS with out navi because i think i don't really need them untill i go out for trip..etc. I was so excited when i first heard this system is going to be on production with similar feature. However, the price that they announced after they put on production push me to the dead end again. $3500 us dollar was the price when they first relased but since you guys are all into this system right now. I'll give you guys all the information that i was search from is250post from taiwan.

Pros: 1. The out look and interface are similar to the OEM navi.
2. Has usb ipod connector that can control by stearing wheel controler.

Cons: 1. Price too high.
2. The navi system softwear was using 路易通V5 that you can get it for $10 us dollar in taiwan and it lag and freezz alot. Right now they updated to V6 which is much better but it's still in bata version. (Be sure the get the navi with V6 version even though it's sitll in bata version).
3. The system itself only support MP3 file as in music.
4. The system itself only support AVI, MPG file as in video.
5. The system "DOES NOT" support 5.1 surround sound.
6. The system will give up 6 disc CD change and have just 1 DVD player because they think most of you guys will just use ipod often instead of CD's.

Hope the information above will help you guys out

Mark
Old 11-05-09, 02:23 PM
quintmann
Pole Position

^the price wasn't even close to 3500

Quick Reply: Check this out: Navigation/dvd Option for NON-NAVI ML OWNERS?