IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Where to get synthetic leather seats?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-09, 09:14 PM
XaLtezZaX
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why dont you just pick up a nice set of Bride, Recaro or even Status racing seats and call it a day. Wrap it however you want it or if you want you can pay me for my stock cloth lexus is300 seats lol.
Old 11-10-09, 09:43 PM
fasteddy91
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I named my seats Betsy and Midge
Old 11-10-09, 09:44 PM
acefalcon2
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the BMW Leather is harder than the lexus making it less creased and easier to maintain... the fake leather has probs with fading.. but yeah... all in all.. i find lexus leathers being difficult to care for
Old 11-11-09, 12:07 AM
karasha
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by acefalcon2
the BMW Leather is harder than the lexus making it less creased and easier to maintain... the fake leather has probs with fading.. but yeah... all in all.. i find lexus leathers being difficult to care for
Leather is going to settle and crease, no matter how "hard" it is.

Take example the leather on my riding saddle. This is considered the creme de la creme of leather that is used on my saddle and no matter how well I've taken care of it (Using saddle soap, conditioner and when winter hits and it's not humid, oil to give it deep conditioning), the seat and the sides of my saddle have become broken in and creased (and I promise you that is "harder" leather than BMW seats).

Leather needs to be cared for... You own a luxury vehicle. Don't abuse it. Whip out some leather conditioner once in a while on it. There is no need to use leather soap on it unless your car is muddy/has a drink spill/it's been a while since you did it last. Just wipe it down with a microfiber cloth to get dust particles off and condition it with a good conditioner. Products that I use:

This is a good general conditioner that also does some of a "cleaning" job (Good 2 in 1): http://www.doversaddlery.com/farnam-...-31015/cn/183/ This conditioner is a more creamy substance that I feel is a step up in conditioning then the ones above and doesn't darken lighter leathers (like white seats). You just need to apply, allow to sit for a few minutes, then buff with a clean microfiber.

And if your seats DO need a soap to help clean substance off:
http://www.doversaddlery.com/belvoir...-31114/cn/183/ I like this cleaner because it's light but effectively gets rid of grime, ect. Just spray onto leather, work it in, then wipe with a well wrung out cloth. Follow with conditioner.

Not sure why I just went completely off about leather care, but there you go if anyone was interested.

Last edited by karasha; 11-11-09 at 12:33 AM.