IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Worst DAY EVER !!!!!!!!!!! :(( W/pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-09, 06:15 PM
uaaction
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am all fine i am going to the body shop tom and see what is the deal with my car... of course i called 911 and i filed a police report which i am getting tomm i might scan it and post it here anyways i am getting treatment as of today from a no-fault medical office so i hope i will be fine... my neck and back got worser as the night went on i had a crazy nightmare about my car and the accident... tom i will also know how much are the repairs and when i will get it back... also my mechanic is gonna come with me and check under the car and see if nothing else went bad.. anyways i will keep you posted about my car and i guess health ty for caring guys have a great night
Old 11-12-09, 07:06 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AlexRX
^I don't fully agree, if its not such a huge thing like this was, then I think it would be better to just settle a deal with the guy.

My friend had an accident while i was with him and because he was afraid of insurance going up, we just called my body shop guy, he came down and told us how much the repairs are, the guy payed for the repairs and payed for a rental while the car was getting repaired.
which is why i put in the last part for big deals that you don't want to be screwed over on later.

Originally Posted by malujerry
^^always call 911, file a police report, then notify both insurance companies for accidents you can't afford to lose money on.
Originally Posted by uaaction
i am all fine
good to hear! try taking anti-inflammatory like tylenol to prevent further inflammation and pain until you get checked out by your PCP.
Old 11-12-09, 07:17 PM
quang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by uaaction
i am thinking of fixing it and selling it what do you guys think or keep it?
To me, I am not feeling comfortable of driving/keeping a fully repaired car from a serious damage like you have (as it will never be the same as factory), plus diminished value and salvage title. If total lost won't be issued by the insurance, I think I would sell or trade it in. But that just me.
Old 11-12-09, 07:25 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow this is like both my accidents this year.. know how you feel man. hope it all works out
Old 11-15-09, 02:40 PM
promoguy
Driver

looks bad man...i think about ur car everytime i get off that exit, scares me especially with the rain the past couple days
Old 11-15-09, 02:50 PM
xuserx04
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ahh ***t dude sorry to hear about your car. I saw this car last week i think and was like to myself:"somebody gotta really like their car".
Old 11-15-09, 09:44 PM
niteLEX
Lead Lap

you need to go to a chiropractor my man. they can help out with ur neck problems. o yea and sorry for ur loss man
Old 11-15-09, 09:51 PM
P34R1
Rookie

DAMN sorry for your loss man..... thats only a few exits away from where i had my accident on thursday!! seems like a lot of lexus's are getting beat up lately... again, sorry to see this. i hope everything works out and u feel better.
Old 11-15-09, 10:30 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

Oh man, that is awful to see and hear! Thank goodness it wasn't worse! As others mentioned, you walked away. But def go to the doc asap to get it documented that you did. Things pop up a few days or weeks later and you have to have all this ready for your "case" against his policy. Ditto with the chiropractor.
As far as your car... it looks like the 4Runner had just as much damage- which is very surprising. Usually the truck comes out better than the car, especially when they are higher up. So either your a car did VERY well or the Toyota is crap up front. How fast do you estimate he/she was going when impact occurred?
Old 11-16-09, 08:08 AM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

Yo Serg.. I would push for the total loss if I were you.

There is another IS350 for sale in the same color out here by me. Has volk te37's full ing's kit and intake + exhaust I believe. This car is sick but I already have mine lol.
Old 11-16-09, 08:43 AM
tommyjaix
Lead Lap

TELL ME IT AINT SOOO!!!!!! I JUST SAW YOU ON THE BQE LAST TUESDAY OR SOMETHING WHEN MY POPS WAS DRIVING MY GS...OH MAN....as long as you're okay dude, you're car will be back in action in no time.
Old 11-16-09, 01:38 PM
08IS350
Driver

Originally Posted by quang
To me, I am not feeling comfortable of driving/keeping a fully repaired car from a serious damage like you have (as it will never be the same as factory), plus diminished value and salvage title. If total lost won't be issued by the insurance, I think I would sell or trade it in. But that just me.
Glad u are ok. sorry for your car.

Try your best to get totalled. if not make sure to get Diminished Value from his insurance. Use DV and trade in ur car to get new car .
Old 11-16-09, 01:48 PM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

dang that sucks big time... as other's have said i would push for a total loss and get yourself a new one.....glad you are okay minus the neck/back pain.....(also dont forget to keep your plates)
Old 11-16-09, 08:06 PM
psedog
Driver School Candidate

Ouch that sucks. Good luck with your claim.
Old 11-16-09, 09:10 PM
IS350HKS
Lead Lap

darn......

Quick Reply: Worst DAY EVER !!!!!!!!!!! :(( W/pics