IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Worst DAY EVER !!!!!!!!!!! :(( W/pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-09, 09:21 PM
ELL Y
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sucks dude! hope you get all sorted out - your health, that is
Car accidents can be vicious to your back and spine long term. Make sure you get fixed up
Old 11-17-09, 12:35 PM
uaaction
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tommyjaix
TELL ME IT AINT SOOO!!!!!! I JUST SAW YOU ON THE BQE LAST TUESDAY OR SOMETHING WHEN MY POPS WAS DRIVING MY GS...OH MAN....as long as you're okay dude, you're car will be back in action in no time.
yeah that was me lol i saw ur father as well driving it was traffic i know man it sucks
Old 11-17-09, 12:43 PM
uaaction
Lead Lap

alright i got back today from the body shop and the insurance gave me 13,500 to fix my car they did not do total loss yet until its 75%less right now my car is at 80% so i need 1,500 more for the total loss and as of right now my car is getting repaired maybe they will find some more stuff and then it might have total loss but for now its getting fixed i am gonna sell the car in the summer time and get a new one but for now they say its not bad at all i got my mechanic check it out and he said everything under the car is fine nothing moved its just looks bad.... i am getting treatment by physical therapist, acupuncture, chiropractor. i got a lawyer already and his insurance is gonna pay for everything so i am happy for that so everything is good the car is fine they gonna give me a whole new panel and they gonna fix everything for now i decided to keep the car until summer then we will see what happens nobody knows what might happen i will go down to the shop tomm and snap a few pics and show you when the bumper is off and the trunk ty for caring everyone but i am rolling in a Vw now lmaoo as a rental haha and to answer few questions (of course i will keep my plates lol) and my health everything is kicking in now and thank god i am getting treatment so i will be good as new like my car... ill keep you posted guys ty

Serge
Old 11-17-09, 12:54 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

You'll want to file a third party claim for the diminished value of your car after an accident:

http://www.insure.com/car-insurance/...car-value.html
Old 11-17-09, 07:20 PM
voleduy
Pole Position

damn... sorry bro, that was really bad. Did you plan anything after this, get a new IS or repair that one???
Old 11-17-09, 09:11 PM
sahara78
Driver

I feel for you man. I commute on the LIE everyday and I see these idiots going faster than they should. hope your 350 comes out as a whole.
Old 11-18-09, 08:55 AM
tommyjaix
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sahara78
I feel for you man. I commute on the LIE everyday and I see these idiots going faster than they should. hope your 350 comes out as a whole.
hey...that LIE is like an all you can eat buffet for me
Old 11-18-09, 09:00 AM
tommyjaix
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by uaaction
yeah that was me lol i saw ur father as well driving it was traffic i know man it sucks
yeah dude, i was so hungover that day i couldnt even think about driving. then I saw your IS tailgating with the modded grill and I was like "look pop, i bet he's a CL member and i hope he sees my sticker on my rear windshield". lol. That moment sobered me up a bit.

its sad to hear about your accident though, your ride was fresh, but i am glad the situation is being sorted out for you at the moment, health and financial wise. Get well soon, you and your ride, n I'll see ya at the future meets.
Old 11-18-09, 12:50 PM
WhosRich
Rookie

Not totaled? Tell the Mechanic to find something, ANYTHING and get it totaled. 13.5 in damaged, I'd rather get a new car. Off topic, but i think i ran you on the clearview or lie once tommyjaix. lol
Old 11-18-09, 03:51 PM
w1ck3d64
Lead Lap

glad u are ok

this almost happened to me when i was 11...but my dad moved the car far enough and the guy missed us...but the car in front of us wasn't so lucky
Old 11-18-09, 06:29 PM
uaaction
Lead Lap

sorry thats what insurance gave me 13.5 but the car is only 6k damage LOL so its not bad O.o i already ordered my new Mods LOL so i had some money to spend lol ty all and yeah i saw ur sticker i have my sticker on windshield upper left corner... my mom was like LOOk he is from club lexus lol she was more hyper then me haha lol anyways see you guys around and yea you will see my IS on the road soon LOl i will snap few pics tomm O.o
Old 11-18-09, 06:38 PM
EJC
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 61 Posts

Man, I grew up in that area.

Glad you're OK, but who in their right mind buys a new car in Flushing, NY. They all look like cabs within a year.
Old 11-18-09, 07:07 PM
AWD_IS
Rookie

Originally Posted by uaaction
sorry thats what insurance gave me 13.5 but the car is only 6k damage LOL so its not bad O.o i already ordered my new Mods LOL so i had some money to spend lol ty all and yeah i saw ur sticker i have my sticker on windshield upper left corner... my mom was like LOOk he is from club lexus lol she was more hyper then me haha lol anyways see you guys around and yea you will see my IS on the road soon LOl i will snap few pics tomm O.o
Only 6k...good for you. I had minor damage on the rear also and look only have as bad as your pic. Just got it back to today for 9k. See you around.GL
Old 11-18-09, 07:11 PM
blueonyxGS
Driver School Candidate

damn man, at least you're okay, some of us new yorkers have no concept of how to drive with other cars on the road. if you want to sell the car let me know, i'd definitely be interested.
Old 11-18-09, 07:34 PM
ELL Y
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by EJC
Man, I grew up in that area.

Glad you're OK, but who in their right mind buys a new car in Flushing, NY. They all look like cabs within a year.
Lol.
Hey I live around there too, and my car doesn't look like a cab. just a few little nicks that I take care of!

Quick Reply: Worst DAY EVER !!!!!!!!!!! :(( W/pics