Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-09, 08:13 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by badboy513
For me, the biggest request I have is playlist function on ipod. It's killing me to do it manually on the ipod.
This is the second priority on the list of things to get figured out. The 1st is the airbag light.

Originally Posted by tigabalm
Regarding uploading 3rd Party software... would I be able to install a Korean navigation program? I'm having my IS shipped over here (thats a long story for another day), and having a US map would be pretty useless.

Anyways, I'd appreciate any help guys

thanks
This unit is huge in China (not just for Lexus) and they are obviously running Chinese navigation software. This system runs on a Microsoft Windows platform, so anything that can run on that platform can run on this system. Although I have not verified its ability to run Korean software, I am confident that it can handle it.

Originally Posted by ZeroIS
I just drooled watching the videos, the unit looks great! Whenever the software updates come out I may just have to purchase it! Everything looks great though, OP, awesome job with the review and pictures!
1st software update is out this week addressing a couple of the concerns. There will be more to come with added features and benefits for all those who bought early. We have a group buy going right now that ends tomorrow that will save our clients HUNDREDS of dollars. This is an introductory offer that won't be coming back around.
Old 12-17-09, 09:15 AM
MCL1
Pole Position

1st software update is out this week addressing a couple of the concerns. There will be more to come with added features and benefits for all those who bought early. We have a group buy going right now that ends tomorrow that will save our clients HUNDREDS of dollars. This is an introductory offer that won't be coming back around.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for addressing, Mat. Did you successfully update your desk model?

Any news on when we can get the actual firmware file with instructions?
Old 12-17-09, 09:17 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by badboy513

Thanks for addressing, Mat. Did you successfully update your desk model?

Any news on when we can get the actual firmware file with instructions?
I have not received the file yet from Fly Audio. They have been busy updating their website with some new information.

As soon as I get the file I will perform the update and then pass along any tips that I find along the way.
Old 12-17-09, 10:53 AM
texasborn
Rookie

I do know their instructions for upgrading the BIOS is posted: http://flyaudio.us/forum/12-tech-tri...e-instructions I tried getting into that screen like they show and it was easy. (now if I can just locate a Lexus logo file somewhere... I'll be able to use the same screen to update that...... I think) Sorry. No BIOS upgrade file to be found yet.
Old 12-17-09, 11:05 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by texasborn
I tried getting into that screen like they show and it was easy. (now if I can just locate a Lexus logo file somewhere... I'll be able to use the same screen to update that...... I think)
What are you trying to do? Have the Lexus logo at startup? If so, I posted how to do that a couple posts up. If you are trying to do something else, let me know and I can try and help.
Old 12-17-09, 11:28 AM
texasborn
Rookie

Thanks. Missed the post. Been painting my house. Whee. Got the Lexus logo on startup now.
Old 12-17-09, 11:47 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by texasborn
Thanks. Missed the post. Been painting my house. Whee. Got the Lexus logo on startup now.
Awesome, glad that worked!
Old 12-17-09, 12:19 PM
texasborn
Rookie

Here you go: http://flyaudio.us/forum/16-download...pdate-software I can't try it yet because the bosslady just took the car.
Old 12-17-09, 03:05 PM
jbounnoi
Lead Lap

^ somebody try it! lol, i dont want to upgrade and i cant go back to Celsius
Old 12-17-09, 03:21 PM
noliesss
Driver

Are they going to update the bluetooth software to have a phonebook option at least? That would be a great addon if they could do that. Dailing by number will be very dangerous while driving and I'm sure not all of us can remember all those phone numbers.
Old 12-17-09, 03:47 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jbounnoi
^ somebody try it! lol, i dont want to upgrade and i cant go back to Celsius
I will try it out tomorrow morning and let you know.

Originally Posted by noliesss
Are they going to update the bluetooth software to have a phonebook option at least? That would be a great addon if they could do that. Dailing by number will be very dangerous while driving and I'm sure not all of us can remember all those phone numbers.
I can pass that recommendation along to them. You can do it as well by emailing "sales@flyaudio.us" .

Can't wait to see how the new update goes!
Old 12-17-09, 04:34 PM
jbounnoi
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Automax Service
I will try it out tomorrow morning and let you know.

I can pass that recommendation along to them. You can do it as well by emailing "sales@flyaudio.us" .

Can't wait to see how the new update goes!
thank you sir!,
i cant wait til they update the ipod interface on it.. and the 24 hour clock.. lol
it doesnt bother me much.. but i dont like it .. hopefully they'll pull through
Old 12-17-09, 04:43 PM
quintmann
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im trying the upgrade now but i dont seem to have a BIOS file like what it showed at the end of the second video, the last step before the upgrade is complete... has anyone else had this problem?

and now im trying to reconnect the USB and my laptop says that the device malfunctioned. i pugged the cable into all 3 usb ports and it said the same thing. i wish i knew more about computers!!!

ohh and my navi randomly said that it had performed an illegal action and had to be shut down. i thought it would start back up after that but now it says the file cant be found so idk what to do...

Last edited by quintmann; 12-17-09 at 04:53 PM.
Old 12-17-09, 05:04 PM
noliesss
Driver

Originally Posted by quintmann
im trying the upgrade now but i dont seem to have a BIOS file like what it showed at the end of the second video, the last step before the upgrade is complete... has anyone else had this problem?

and now im trying to reconnect the USB and my laptop says that the device malfunctioned. i pugged the cable into all 3 usb ports and it said the same thing. i wish i knew more about computers!!!

ohh and my navi randomly said that it had performed an illegal action and had to be shut down. i thought it would start back up after that but now it says the file cant be found so idk what to do...
looks like your device's system files are missing, if the update did not go through completely then you might have a problem. Try turning off the Nav and turn it back on and then un-install all the driver that was installed on your laptop.
Old 12-17-09, 05:06 PM
quintmann
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.flyaudio.us/forum/12-tech...-upgrade-guide

GPS upgrade video,

im just alittle confused on where u find the file at the beginning...

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350