FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-11, 01:57 PM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CLT
B16da9

I'm sorry but that command no longer is the way to change the logo. We as FlyAudio can no longer change the logo to any of the OEM manufactures logos. This is why on the Startup image you will see the FlyAudio logo.
oh come on .. this just killed the deal for me :P
Old 08-07-11, 03:37 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I may consider this for the blue IS which I sold to my dad.

Good thing, my 08 GFM has built in NAV
Old 08-07-11, 03:46 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by panda327
can you drive without the upper part (the climate control) i am planning to drive down to the states with a hole in my dash and install it in the states and smuggle it back :P
Sure, just as long as you don't mind driving with the windows rolled down - because your A/C will not work.

Javier
Old 08-07-11, 03:46 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can you drive without the upper part (the climate control) i am planning to drive down to the states with a hole in my dash and install it in the states and smuggle it back :P
You may and I bet you'll see many warning lights on your instrument cluster blink. And why smuggle? You can drive down to the U.S. and install it while you're here and discard the box before you're going back home. And as for the OEM AC control, just put it in your trunk. When I cross the border to Canada usually the Canadians are not as harsh as our border officers (I'm referring to border of WA and BC)!

Last edited by NimaM; 08-07-11 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Adding more to my earlier response
Old 08-07-11, 04:23 PM
CLT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

panda327

If your are referring to the AC vents above the Radio unit (FlyAudio unit), then yes the AC still works. You can switch between AC modes, Temp, it works like normal.

A couple of week ago when I did two installs for local customers, as soon as I had it wired up I would crank up the AC so I could finish the job comfortably in FlyAudio equipped Lexus cold AC.
Old 08-07-11, 06:40 PM
IS350SRB
Driver School Candidate

My top vents dont seem to go in correctly since the insta;, and now I have a slight gap below them. Has anyone had this issue before??

Also are you suppose to remove the TPMS unit from behind the system before putting it all back?
Old 08-07-11, 06:42 PM
SCWB
Lexus Test Driver

I'm afraid that the car ECU will detect missing instruments such as A/C control and Radio Unit. The result would be Check Engine/VSC light up.
Old 08-07-11, 08:33 PM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CLT
lexudv

I personally installed two units last week and first one of the two did trip the light, I disconnected the harness then I reinstalled it and it worked fine no SRS light.

You might want to revisit the harness again if you can. If not call me so I can take care of this for you.
Sounds to me like you guys aren't providing the upgraded harness to not triger the SRS light like the vendor Automax Service does.
Old 08-07-11, 09:16 PM
kikaida
Lead Lap

Does anyone else with the 2nd gen unit has SRS light issue? So far it seems only one person has this issue.

Lexudv - is your SRS light still on?
Old 08-07-11, 09:19 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by B16da9
Sounds to me like you guys aren't providing the upgraded harness to not triger the SRS light like the vendor Automax Service does.
It sounds the SRS light issue is different depending on the model year. I was provided with two harnesses when I picked up my Flyaudio unit at their main office in WA last week, and Flyaudio staff told me one of the harnesses may trigger the SRS light, but in my case it didn't. So, they are aware of the problem and they are trying to give out the right harness to their customers.
Old 08-07-11, 09:35 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IS350SRB
My top vents dont seem to go in correctly since the insta;, and now I have a slight gap below them. Has anyone had this issue before??

Also are you suppose to remove the TPMS unit from behind the system before putting it all back?
The first time I installed it, all the gaps where perfect, but I had to take everything out due to a loose wire and reinstall my unit and now there is a slight gap on top of the heat vent. I was upset with myself, but after seeing couple of newer IS models which had more gap than mine I don't mind it anymore.

In my case I didn't have to remove the TMPS unit and I had enough room to work. I used the extra space between the Flyaudio and the TMPS unit to shove some of the cables and it helped when I was putting everything back.
Old 08-07-11, 11:30 PM
lexudv
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kikaida
Does anyone else with the 2nd gen unit has SRS light issue? So far it seems only one person has this issue.

Lexudv - is your SRS light still on?
Yup. Light is still on. CLT is working on sending me another harness. He replied the same day to my issue. I hope to receive the new one this week.
Old 08-08-11, 01:16 AM
kjpadilla8
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexudv
Just got the 2nd gen FlyAudio unit installed. Everything is working; bluetooth, radio, cd, DVD, climate. Here are the issues I've encountered so far:

- I can't get the time to display correctly. I set the time zone and set the time. As soon as I go to the main page, it always shows it 1 hr ahead. If I go back to the setup page, it shows the correct time there. Also, how do I change it from 24hr setting?
It's a bug with the GPS software. I changed to iGo and now it's the correct time.
Old 08-08-11, 01:30 AM
ISBU
Lexus Test Driver

How many harness do they provide for this unit? I'm hesitant to buy because of the srs light.
Old 08-08-11, 03:41 AM
CLT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ISBU
How many harness do they provide for this unit? I'm hesitant to buy because of the srs light.
You will receive 1 harness, we had a couple of the first customers that had an issues with the SRS light, and we sent out a new harness and it fixed the problem.

So to answer your question you'll receive the correct harness, that does not trigger the SRS

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350