Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-11, 06:06 PM
Deathrow23
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can anyone help me with what and how to install igo or tom tom software to run on the flyaudio?....im kinda confused, there is soo much files and i dont know which one to get..do i need the software or just a map file?....
Old 09-06-11, 09:36 AM
06pearlex
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Deathrow23
Can anyone help me with what and how to install igo or tom tom software to run on the flyaudio?....im kinda confused, there is soo much files and i dont know which one to get..do i need the software or just a map file?....
Put all the igo files on one folder and transfer to the mini sd card. Right after you finish insert the card on the flyaudio unit and turn on. Look forth with file with .exe format and then click run
Old 09-06-11, 10:44 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

To the ones reporting bad radio reception I sugest taking the unit out and make sure the antenna is pushing into the unit all the way.

I personaly get great AM and FM reception, Heck I can clearly lisen to a west palm station which is two counties away from mine.
Old 09-06-11, 01:58 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by B16da9
To the ones reporting bad radio reception I sugest taking the unit out and make sure the antenna is pushing into the unit all the way.

I personaly get great AM and FM reception, Heck I can clearly lisen to a west palm station which is two counties away from mine.
B16da9, is yours the Gen 1 or 2? I had great radio reception when I had the Gen 1 for both AM and FM but not on the Gen 2. Yes the first thing I did was to check the antenna plug. Hopefully it's just software....
Old 09-06-11, 02:35 PM
aCortIS101
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Deathrow23
Originally Posted by 06pearlex
Put all the igo files on one folder and transfer to the mini sd card. Right after you finish insert the card on the flyaudio unit and turn on. Look forth with file with .exe format and then click run

When you download the program, you still need to download maps to run with it. you also have to configure the system text file (sys) to work with the fly audio system. Check out navitotal.com for more info and how-to steps
Old 09-06-11, 02:37 PM
aCortIS101
Pole Position

Originally Posted by NimaM
Yes you can. As a matter of fact I'm running the latest Tom Tom maps (2011 Q1) on iGo 8.3 right now.

I found so many different versions of Primo and only one of them starts up (Version 9.2.0.192885), but then it freezes after like 30 seconds. For all other versions of iGo Primo I get Out of Memory error.
thanks for the info... i'm gonna look for these maps now. I think im gonna stick with iGO8 for now.. maybe sometime the road i'll try Primo again
Old 09-06-11, 02:42 PM
lexudv
Pole Position

Originally Posted by B16da9

Trust me, that's the first thing I did! I guess it depends on where you live. I live in the Los Angeles area where there are a lot of mountains/valleys. Depending on the area that i'm in, I sometimes get no reception where I use to have no problems getting reception with the stock Lexus unit.
Old 09-06-11, 03:11 PM
Deathrow23
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by aCortIS101
When you download the program, you still need to download maps to run with it. you also have to configure the system text file (sys) to work with the fly audio system. Check out navitotal.com for more info and how-to steps
Thanks All, will try....thats what i was confused about, would i need just the maps or would i need the program and maps..but i dont know which files will work with flyaudio....lol
Old 09-06-11, 04:45 PM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by IceIridium
B16da9, is yours the Gen 1 or 2? I had great radio reception when I had the Gen 1 for both AM and FM but not on the Gen 2. Yes the first thing I did was to check the antenna plug. Hopefully it's just software....
I have a first gen unit.
Old 09-06-11, 10:33 PM
ISBU
Lexus Test Driver

Where to get Igo8 or Igo Primo? Thanks.
Old 09-07-11, 06:57 PM
Deathrow23
Lead Lap

i had primo start up yesterday, but i guess i had to get the maps also...too much to download,,theres like soo many maps packs and if you want to get them free. you have to download many different files and change your sys.txt and other stuff.... ( unless someone here would like to donate a free trial with all the settings ready to go ) anyone?
Old 09-09-11, 01:28 AM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Just noticed something for giggles purposes only:

On the flyaudio.net page it shows a RHD IS with the unit:

Noticed they didn't bother having a different face text for RHD users. The RIGHT side temp control still says "PASSENGER TEMP", even though in this case the right side is the DRIVER.

Also they still have the "Passenger airbag on" light on the right side...

Lexus OEM units have it ALL reversed, even the buttons on both sides of the screen are reversed (except the bottom due to the security LED).

Just thought it was interesting... Glad I don't live in a RHD driving place
Old 09-09-11, 09:58 AM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Flyaudio and 8gb SD card

Recently I have been struggling to run iGo Primo on my Flyaudio and and had no luck. I managed to make it run a couple of times, but each time it froze my unit after a minute or so. I just discovered why this happened. Apparently, the Flyaudio unit doesn't like my 8GB SD card and had trouble writing to files under the "save" folder (I found out about this by checking the time stamp on the files and the crash report to get clues). So, I decided to use a 4GB card instead and copied the contents of the iGo Primo that I had on my 8GB card to the other card, and now Primo runs.
Old 09-09-11, 10:00 AM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My "Passenger airbag on" light never turns on. Does anybody else have similar experience?
Old 09-10-11, 12:28 AM
ISBU
Lexus Test Driver

I just installed my reverse cam.

Name:  reversecam.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  67.5 KB

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350