Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-09, 05:11 PM
quintmann
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by noliesss
looks like your device's system files are missing, if the update did not go through completely then you might have a problem. Try turning off the Nav and turn it back on and then un-install all the driver that was installed on your laptop.
all that i get when i unzip the zipped file is the dnw application, dnw config settings, secbulk setup info, and secbulk system file... nothing that says BIOS
Old 12-17-09, 05:57 PM
texasborn
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by quintmann
all that i get when i unzip the zipped file is the dnw application, dnw config settings, secbulk setup info, and secbulk system file... nothing that says BIOS
you are right, they did not include any *.bin files to upgrade the BIOS. all the files they supplied do nothing more than allow you to connect your laptop via the USB cable and install the device driver to allow you to run the dnw application which you need to run in order to upgrade the BIOS. but when you run the dnw application, there's NO BIOS files for it to use in order to upgrade. i just checked this all out myself.
Old 12-18-09, 11:04 AM
mISteRED
Rookie

Default update?

Any new news yet on the new BIOS update? Mat I am assuming that you have the same update that can be downloaded off the FlyAudio web site and it is missing some of the files. Also can anyone give me some pointers on installing the back up camera. I might get that going this weekend and just need some help with where you ran the wires up to the head unit and where you mounted the GPS antenna. Any help is appreciated TIA.
Old 12-18-09, 02:02 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by texasborn
you are right, they did not include any *.bin files to upgrade the BIOS. all the files they supplied do nothing more than allow you to connect your laptop via the USB cable and install the device driver to allow you to run the dnw application which you need to run in order to upgrade the BIOS. but when you run the dnw application, there's NO BIOS files for it to use in order to upgrade. i just checked this all out myself.
You are right. They didn't upload those to their site yet. Sorry that they didn't make that clear.

Originally Posted by mISteRED
Any new news yet on the new BIOS update? Mat I am assuming that you have the same update that can be downloaded off the FlyAudio web site and it is missing some of the files. Also can anyone give me some pointers on installing the back up camera. I might get that going this weekend and just need some help with where you ran the wires up to the head unit and where you mounted the GPS antenna. Any help is appreciated TIA.
I am working on it right now. We are trying to make this easy for you guys to do at home and there are just a couple details that need to be ironed out so that everyone can update successfully. The files you guys downloaded are only part of the update, the rest of the files are not on their site yet. Hopefully I will have more information later in the day!

I am calling you right now about the install on the backup camera! Thanks!
Old 12-18-09, 04:19 PM
quintmann
Pole Position

any ideas when they will upload the BIOS files? and flyaudio going to upload a file for the GPS upgrade?
Old 12-18-09, 04:48 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

I successfully updated the system on my desk. Unfortunately I can't take advantage of any of the new features because it is not plugged into a vehicle. The fahrenheit/celcius and radio stations are both dependent on inputs from the vehicle. The GPS update allows for high resolution maps, but I don't have the HD maps yet. I will be getting the HD maps next week or the week after.

Have a good weekend everyone!
Old 12-18-09, 06:52 PM
djsai
Lexus Test Driver

^^So are the files updated now?
Old 12-18-09, 07:35 PM
quintmann
Pole Position

^ i looked at it a couple hours ago and it was still the same without BIOS files
Old 12-18-09, 07:40 PM
djsai
Lexus Test Driver

ok..cant wait for them..
Old 12-18-09, 11:42 PM
djzx
Rookie

Anybody in the S.F. Bay area have experience installing this puppy?
Old 12-19-09, 03:22 PM
MCL1
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Automax Service
I successfully updated the system on my desk. Unfortunately I can't take advantage of any of the new features because it is not plugged into a vehicle. The fahrenheit/celcius and radio stations are both dependent on inputs from the vehicle. The GPS update allows for high resolution maps, but I don't have the HD maps yet. I will be getting the HD maps next week or the week after.

Have a good weekend everyone!
Hey Mat,

Still no update on the flyaudio site. Any chance you can either link the bios file here or send it to us? Is taht the only file that was missing from the zip file?
Old 12-22-09, 11:09 AM
mISteRED
Rookie

Any new info on the BIOS update? I emailed FlyAudio but have not heard back from them yet. I looked on their web site and it is still the same file from last week.
Old 12-22-09, 04:10 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MCL1
Hey Mat,

Still no update on the flyaudio site. Any chance you can either link the bios file here or send it to us? Is taht the only file that was missing from the zip file?
Originally Posted by mISteRED
Any new info on the BIOS update? I emailed FlyAudio but have not heard back from them yet. I looked on their web site and it is still the same file from last week.
Thanks, I have called both clients and worked out solutions for them. If you have the Fly Audio unit and want the update, contact who you purchased it from or Fly Audio and they will make sure you get what you are looking for. Happy Holidays!
Old 12-28-09, 06:01 AM
noliesss
Driver

Anyone with the airbag light able to reset it? I hate looking at that red light indicator in the gauge. Anyone try going to a shop with the scan tool to reset the light and does it work? I brought it, install it with a disconnected battery and still got the airbag light. Will the airbag still work if you get that indicator on the instrusment panel?
Old 12-28-09, 05:08 PM
mISteRED
Rookie

Default 07 IS350/FlyAudio

I just finished installing the FlyAudio system in my 07 IS350 that I picked it up during the Automax GB a couple of weeks ago. So far everything works like it should, I do have the airbag light but hopefully that gets taken care of pretty soon. I did the back up camera with the install; the whole thing was pretty straight forward using all of the DIY found in the different threads. The biggest pain was running the wires for the camera and getting all of the wiring for the head unit situated right so that everything fit back in the dash correctly. I am going to do the BIOS upgrade as soon as they release it so we will see how that goes. So for anyone who was wondering if the system works with the 07 IS350 it does, it is a very clean looking unit you can’t tell that it’s not an OEM system. And just a quick plug for Mat at Automax he has been very responsive to any and all questions that I have had. For anyone that is thinking about getting this system it is well worth it to go thru Mat/Automax, top notch service.

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350