Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-11, 08:13 PM
aCortIS101
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NimaM
I was able to change the songs when listening to the iPod using the steering wheel buttons even before the update!
Hmmm.. Yea I can't change the iPod songs, but can change the fm stations with the buttons.
Old 11-27-11, 09:01 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting.
Mine is second gen, but I'm using an older iPod classic and all controls on the steering wheel work fine.
Old 11-28-11, 12:10 AM
aCortIS101
Pole Position

yea i have the second gen too... and a old ipod mini. wondering in your setup menu, what is selected for steering wheels button?
Old 11-28-11, 06:18 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ISBU
^^ Do you have the first gen? I can't change songs using the steering wheel when listening to ipod on my iphone, either, even with the update. I have the 2nd gen.
I can change the song and I have a first gen.
Old 11-28-11, 05:32 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by aCortIS101
yea i have the second gen too... and a old ipod mini. wondering in your setup menu, what is selected for steering wheels button?
It's SKE39
Old 11-28-11, 07:44 PM
aCortIS101
Pole Position

Originally Posted by NimaM
It's SKE39
Weird... Yea I have the same thing and still can't change the songs. I gotta install the rear back up camera anyways, guess I'll just double check the connections in the back
Old 11-28-11, 08:09 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by aCortIS101
Weird... Yea I have the same thing and still can't change the songs. I gotta install the rear back up camera anyways, guess I'll just double check the connections in the back
Yeah it could be the connection. From what I remember, I had a hard time securing the the AV harness when I was installing the unit.
Old 12-02-11, 10:49 PM
Tsuchiya
Driver School Candidate

The latest generation Lexus IS250 HU http://www.oemcargps.com/lexus-is250...eo-p-1262.html
Old 12-02-11, 11:12 PM
Frosty250
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Tsuchiya
The latest generation Lexus IS250 HU http://www.oemcargps.com/lexus-is250...eo-p-1262.html
That unit looks very clean especially on 09+ models. Any members on here try it out or know anything about oemcargps.com?
Old 12-03-11, 10:00 AM
GilIS250
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Frosty250
That unit looks very clean especially on 09+ models. Any members on here try it out or know anything about oemcargps.com?
I am also interested to know if anyone here has this and how it compares to the FlyAudio...
Old 12-03-11, 11:07 AM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I really wish this isn't made by flyaudio but not sure... They're taking a page right out of flyaudio's advertising practice in using a picture of an OEM unit in all their "installed" pictures.

It's obvious because there's no clock in their standalone unit and the buttons are totally different than OEM's. And if you look at the "before" and "after" pic, you can tell they're different cars because the before has no ML and the after one does.

However the screen interface is totally different than flyaudios and many of the buttons are different as well.

Interesting it says it has a front USB input... I guess it's under the "card" button cover because I don't see it possibly being anywhere else.
Old 12-03-11, 02:57 PM
aCortIS101
Pole Position

Lol yea was looking at their before and after pics... Two completely different interiors. Looks nice though
Old 12-03-11, 04:40 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

If the specs are real, it's much more power than Flyaudio. But, second gen Flyaudio has 2 processors.
Old 12-18-11, 06:29 PM
j0keboy
Driver School Candidate

Hi,

Can someone send me the iGO version + maps? Thanks!
Old 12-25-11, 07:54 PM
CoderDan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by markolomew
Let me know what you would like to see in the next software update. I am currently working on a list of fixes for the next update and would like your input. Here is what I have listed so far:

Boss key:
*quick button sequence to turn off screen (for cops or just to black out screen)

iPod interface:
*play ipod video on screen
*search by alphabet letter (for artist, song, album)
*search by playlist
*more eye appealing layout

Customizable home screen
*he able to hide icons
*custom backgrounds
*change color/icons/theme
*optional startup noise/chime/custom sound

Radio:
*scrolling text of song info (stock has this happening to all stations at once)
*favorite station set

Bluetooth phonebook function

reassigning buttons (make them customizable)

AUX port disabled (wiring is correct, just need to be activated with the code)

Clock:
*Display at all times or hotkey to make it visible/hide

Brightness button tweak:
*it has been reported to me that after last patch it isn't working correctly
Have any of these enhancements made it into the 2nd generation unit?

markolomew, I don't know if you're still looking for suggestions or if you're even on these forums but these are my suggestions:

- Make it function-oriented as opposed to device-oriented. What I mean by that is that if I want to play music for example there should be just one button titled "Music" that takes me to an interface where I can browse/search all of my music by artist/title/genre/etc. from ALL of the devices and add them to my playlist. Right now I have to select a device first and then play music from that device only and each device has its own interface. This is a very disjointed and awkward design.

- If you don't implement my 1st suggestion then at least make the USB hard drive interface more robust. The hard drive can store the most content out of all available devices so it's something that should have an excellent user experience. First of all, it should not be in the DVD section since it's not a DVD. Second, it should be more than just a file browser, it should have separate sections for music, videos and pictures and it should have the ability to search/browse by title, artist, genre, etc. and create play lists. Something like the current Windows Media Player would be great.

- Allow us to hide some icons. The TV option is not available in North America and not all of us use iPods/iPhones, letting us remove those icons would make things less cluttered.

- For the love of god, use more modern styling for the buttons. Right now the interface looks like one of those black/green monitors from the 80s. The whole point of getting an OEM looking unit is so that it will look good but the hideous interface cancels out that effect. It's actually enough for me to not want to put this unit into my car.

Cheers,
Dan

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350