Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-11, 12:35 AM
chi123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What's the difference between the 2006-2008 option and 2009-2011 on CarLightTrend's website? Is it just the chrome trim?
Old 12-26-11, 09:43 AM
tgriff316
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have a fix for the AC/heat temperature numbers being way off?

I have it set on Farenheit but when I go into the climate screen, the range is from like 90 degrees to 110 degrees instead of the normal 65 to 85 like it is on the stock temp controls.
Just from doing simple math, I have found that 97 degrees is the normal temperature that I keep it at (72 degrees) but it is a little annoying that it isn't the correct range.

One other small issue is that when I am in any other screen and push the temperature up or down, the temp in the top corners of the screen just reads "OFF F" instead of showing "95 F" --> "96 F" --> "97 F" etc.

I asked the questions to my Car Light Trends contact but never heard back

Other than those 2 things and the radio reception not nearly as good as stock, the unit has worked great for me.

Anyone have a fix?
Old 12-26-11, 10:20 AM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tgriff316
Anyone have a fix for the AC/heat temperature numbers being way off?

I have it set on Farenheit but when I go into the climate screen, the range is from like 90 degrees to 110 degrees instead of the normal 65 to 85 like it is on the stock temp controls.
Just from doing simple math, I have found that 97 degrees is the normal temperature that I keep it at (72 degrees) but it is a little annoying that it isn't the correct range.

One other small issue is that when I am in any other screen and push the temperature up or down, the temp in the top corners of the screen just reads "OFF F" instead of showing "95 F" --> "96 F" --> "97 F" etc.

I asked the questions to my Car Light Trends contact but never heard back

Other than those 2 things and the radio reception not nearly as good as stock, the unit has worked great for me.

Anyone have a fix?
There is no fix for these annoying problems yet especially the temperature range. I am actually helping Flyaudio techs since I live very close to their office and they are aware of these problems. I have made a few videos per their request to document the problems and I visit their office every once in a while so they can see the problems and test the unit. Apparently, they don't have these problems on Chinsese/Asian spec IS models. In the meantime, I am trying to troubleshoot the passenger airbag light on the unit (the on/off lights never turns on and they are trying to figure out if it's a hardware or software problem). According to them, they are trying to detect all problems and release a firmware upgrade to solve most issues at once instead of releasing multiple updates. For some reasons, these units behave differently on our U.S. spec vehicles.
I am having a hard time make them understand the AM radio reception is terrible and their tech says the unit is just a controller and the actual radio receiver is integrated into the CD changer. However, I cannot confirm that is the case.
Old 12-26-11, 08:51 PM
CoderDan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NimaM
There is no fix for these annoying problems yet especially the temperature range. I am actually helping Flyaudio techs since I live very close to their office and they are aware of these problems. I have made a few videos per their request to document the problems and I visit their office every once in a while so they can see the problems and test the unit. Apparently, they don't have these problems on Chinsese/Asian spec IS models. In the meantime, I am trying to troubleshoot the passenger airbag light on the unit (the on/off lights never turns on and they are trying to figure out if it's a hardware or software problem). According to them, they are trying to detect all problems and release a firmware upgrade to solve most issues at once instead of releasing multiple updates. For some reasons, these units behave differently on our U.S. spec vehicles.
I am having a hard time make them understand the AM radio reception is terrible and their tech says the unit is just a controller and the actual radio receiver is integrated into the CD changer. However, I cannot confirm that is the case.
Are these problems still present in the 2nd generation unit or is it only an issue in the 1st gen?
Old 12-26-11, 09:49 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

These are related to the second gen.
Old 12-26-11, 10:12 PM
CoderDan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NimaM
These are related to the second gen.
I wish people would stop buying these units and start pestering FlyAudio to fix these things and get the design up to par with other similar products. It would provide some incentive for them to get their act together and put out a decent product. Right now they're the only ones making something that will fit into an ISx250 and they know it so they charge an arm and a leg for a piece of crap.
Old 12-26-11, 10:32 PM
aCortIS101
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CoderDan
I wish people would stop buying these units and start pestering FlyAudio to fix these things and get the design up to par with other similar products. It would provide some incentive for them to get their act together and put out a decent product. Right now they're the only ones making something that will fit into an ISx250 and they know it so they charge an arm and a leg for a piece of crap.
Yup.. You hit the nail on the head. Flyaudio gave up on the support side for the first gen guys and seem to be slipping now on the second gen models.. But yea since these guys are the only ones out the to support the non-Nav guys... They pretty much can do whatever they want
Old 12-27-11, 11:14 AM
alberto84
Driver School Candidate

hello to everyone. I write from Spain, you forgive me but my English is very bad and I am writing from a translator, I bought the radio for 3 months FlyAudio carlighttrends and it has worked very well, but yesterday the unit and lock is frozen in safety warning screen, reboots after 30 seconds, this is done continuously. I contacted David Garcia and trying to find a solution. David is giving a good technical support.

I put a video that show him that happens to the system FlyAudio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGVpu...ature=youtu.be

I finally read the forum posts and seen that there is a hidden menu where you can restart the computer. As they do not and I am also awaiting instructions from David to try to fix the equipment. Do you think it may be that the solution or the team has broken me?
Old 12-27-11, 11:45 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Alberto, trata el Menu escondido talves te conpone tu flyaudio. Yo lo dudo que un technico de flyaudio le allude al vendedor que te lo vendio.

Otra cosa saca el SD Card talves sin el SD card te hace un reboot.

Sorry about my Spanish, I can speak it but I can't write it very well.
Old 12-27-11, 12:06 PM
alberto84
Driver School Candidate

How do you access the hidden menu of the unit? is the only hope I have, as I disconnected the battery, I removed the drive and put all the wires and removed the sd, but still not working.

Thanks for the help.

Originally Posted by B16da9
Alberto, trata el Menu escondido talves te conpone tu flyaudio. Yo lo dudo que un technico de flyaudio le allude al vendedor que te lo vendio.

Otra cosa saca el SD Card talves sin el SD card te hace un reboot.

Sorry about my Spanish, I can speak it but I can't write it very well.
Old 12-29-11, 05:14 AM
alberto84
Driver School Candidate

Hello again, I was able to fix the problem. David sent me the files needed to correct the problem and explained the instructions. Let me explain how to access the hidden menu to apply the files to restore the car audio.

Thank David carlighttrends support

Finally you forgive my English is horrible
Old 12-30-11, 12:26 PM
2jzism
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't been here for a few months, anyway I just met up with David for Carlighttrends.com since I'm in Miami also and he was taking notes in regards to the AC Temps being off. He told me that FlyAudio is about to release their next update that will fix the discrepancy in the AC Temp values.

He has the update, and is confirming what the factory has changed. He told me that he should have an OK to push it out to his customers early in January of 2012.

I also asked about the AM (I don't listen to any AM stations) but he gave me a very good idea he talked about a inline FM signal booster. After talking to him I think that this should fix the AM reception problem.
Old 12-30-11, 02:45 PM
CoderDan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 2jzism
I also asked about the AM (I don't listen to any AM stations) but he gave me a very good idea he talked about a inline FM signal booster. After talking to him I think that this should fix the AM reception problem.
So their solution is for their customers to buy additional equipment in order to make their product work?
Old 12-30-11, 03:45 PM
2jzism
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No that was just him thinking of a work around till that issue is fixed, that is all. Besides I looked on online and a FM/AM inline signal booster is just a couple of bucks something like $25 again I do not listen to anything on AM so I does not affect me, but other than the AC values not being correct I love my FlyAudio Navigation and David from carlighttrends.com has always being straight forward with me. He told me that there was a few bugs, and that they where going to be fixed.

So I'll be on the look out for David's email with the next update.
Old 12-30-11, 04:03 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Thanks for the update. Can't wait till the AC temperature range is fixed.

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350