Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-12, 08:58 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 2jzism
No that was just him thinking of a work around till that issue is fixed, that is all. Besides I looked on online and a FM/AM inline signal booster is just a couple of bucks something like $25 again I do not listen to anything on AM so I does not affect me, but other than the AC values not being correct I love my FlyAudio Navigation and David from carlighttrends.com has always being straight forward with me. He told me that there was a few bugs, and that they where going to be fixed.

So I'll be on the look out for David's email with the next update.
I highly doubt that s they've (Flyaudio) promised fixes for the 1st gen units which never came.
Old 01-01-12, 11:52 AM
CoderDan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No that was just him thinking of a work around till that issue is fixed, that is all. Besides I looked on online and a FM/AM inline signal booster is just a couple of bucks something like $25
It doesn't matter if it's $1 or $1000, you shouldn't have to buy equipment that does what your original purchase was supposed to do.

He told me that there was a few bugs, and that they where going to be fixed.

So I'll be on the look out for David's email with the next update.
Like B16da9 has said, I highly doubt that but if they do send out an update and it's not announced here please post your impressions.
Old 01-02-12, 06:59 PM
2jzism
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by B16da9
I highly doubt that s they've (Flyaudio) promised fixes for the 1st gen units which never came.
Since I have a second gen unit, I can only speak for myself. B16da9 what was wrong with the first gen units, and do you have one?
Old 01-02-12, 07:17 PM
2jzism
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CoderDan
It doesn't matter if it's $1 or $1000, you shouldn't have to buy equipment that does what your original purchase was supposed to do.

Like B16da9 has said, I highly doubt that but if they do send out an update and it's not announced here please post your impressions.
CoderDan

I can tell you that anything out side of an OEM product sometimes does not live up to the expectations. Lots of time an aftermarket parts are not perfect, and I can tell you that IF I needed to hear an AM station and if it takes adding sometime to make it work you better believe I'll add it.

I'll put it to you this way, the FA nav is not perfect, but I personally I'm extremely happy with mine. I knew what I was buying and I was told of its shortcomings. You can always find someone that WILL find something to nitpick about something, like... Oh look the clock is not there, or oh look this button is not the same color, or oh man I wish it had this or that.

Again I can tell you that from what David has told me, FlyAudio is working on making its navigation units as perfect as possible. And again I'm not defining anyone one, all I'm saying is that for the majority of IS owners that do not have an OEM navigation package in their cars, FlyAudio is the only option that we have, and its not a bad option at all. Again I knew what I was buying and I'm fine with its shortcomings, and honestly outside of the AC settings being off so what, it cools as it should and it heats as it should. It has done everything that I was told that it would, and again I thank David for honest with me.

And when the next update rolls out, and the AC values are fixed then In my eyes its worth what I paid for in spades. And if some would asked me if they should get one for their car, hands down I would tell them to go for it!
Old 01-02-12, 08:49 PM
CoderDan
Driver School Candidate

CoderDan

I can tell you that anything out side of an OEM product sometimes does not live up to the expectations. Lots of time an aftermarket parts are not perfect, and I can tell you that IF I needed to hear an AM station and if it takes adding sometime to make it work you better believe I'll add it.

I'll put it to you this way, the FA nav is not perfect, but I personally I'm extremely happy with mine. I knew what I was buying and I was told of its shortcomings. You can always find someone that WILL find something to nitpick about something, like... Oh look the clock is not there, or oh look this button is not the same color, or oh man I wish it had this or that.

Again I can tell you that from what David has told me, FlyAudio is working on making its navigation units as perfect as possible. And again I'm not defining anyone one, all I'm saying is that for the majority of IS owners that do not have an OEM navigation package in their cars, FlyAudio is the only option that we have, and its not a bad option at all. Again I knew what I was buying and I'm fine with its shortcomings, and honestly outside of the AC settings being off so what, it cools as it should and it heats as it should. It has done everything that I was told that it would, and again I thank David for honest with me.

And when the next update rolls out, and the AC values are fixed then In my eyes its worth what I paid for in spades. And if some would asked me if they should get one for their car, hands down I would tell them to go for it!
I'm glad you really like it but for me there are just way to many design blunders to dish out $1,500 for it. I guess customer satisfaction depends on the person.

I'm eager to see what the update will bring to the table. I'd like an in-dash OEM-looking nav system so I do honestly want to see it get better but right now I just wouldn't feel like I'd be getting my money's worth.
Old 01-03-12, 12:42 AM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I JUST WANT MY &%$#ING A.M. $#@*ING RADIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WANNA HEAR THE NEWS STATION!!!!! I WANNA HEAR HOCKEY GAMES WHILE DRIVING!!!!!! WHERE'S MY AM RADIO FLY??? GIMME IT NAOOOO!!!!
Old 01-03-12, 07:40 AM
CoderDan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by IceIridium
I JUST WANT MY &%$#ING A.M. $#@*ING RADIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WANNA HEAR THE NEWS STATION!!!!! I WANNA HEAR HOCKEY GAMES WHILE DRIVING!!!!!! WHERE'S MY AM RADIO FLY??? GIMME IT NAOOOO!!!!
I think you'll need to get that signal booster, I don't think a software update can fix that.
Old 01-03-12, 12:07 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CoderDan
I think you'll need to get that signal booster, I don't think a software update can fix that.
AM reception was perfect with my stock unit, and with the first gen Flyaudio I had. So why would it suddenly be a reception issue with the 2nd gen? That tells me it's an issue with the unit itself and not the reception. But I guess for $8 bucks on ebay it's worth a try...
Old 01-03-12, 01:01 PM
CoderDan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by IceIridium
AM reception was perfect with my stock unit, and with the first gen Flyaudio I had. So why would it suddenly be a reception issue with the 2nd gen? That tells me it's an issue with the unit itself and not the reception. But I guess for $8 bucks on ebay it's worth a try...
I'm agreeing with you that it's the unit, not the signal. What I'm saying is that I think it's a hardware problem and no software update will be able to fix it. I'm assuming that every unit has it's own tuner and the one included with the 2nd gen one is of poor quality but I could be wrong. If I'm right, only a recall would get you a fix free of charge which is not likely to happen so the booster is the only option.
Old 01-04-12, 09:43 PM
LexUser85
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys. Just installed a 7k series I stole off of ebay for 500$. I havent had any issues as of now but I do have some questions.

Did anyone else have an issue getting the upper vents to fit back in correctly? Theres about a quarter inch of lip left at the bottom of the vent that wont go over the nav unit..I know i did everything correct but want to make sure theres not another way to fix it before i start taking everything out to double check.

Where can I get the update for GPS? When I try to open it, it just says "file path does not exist"

And last..My windows were messed to hell when I finished. None of them could be controlled from the drivers panel. So I did the "reset" that I found in another thread and it worked for all the widows but the passenger front door. Any suggestions?
Old 01-04-12, 10:00 PM
aCortIS101
Pole Position

7k series??

For the vents your gonna have to mess with them in order to get them to fit right, it takes a while. Also be careful not to damage the dash... Alot of guys including myself have took a small piece out of the dash while installing the vents back in place or taking them out... ****ty dashboard.

For the GPS, check the sys text file and see if the path is correct?? Duno

Windows... You discounted the battery? You have to go to each window and roll them up and down a few times. If you see the window button blinking, means it needs to be programed to auto roll up and down.
Old 01-04-12, 10:14 PM
LexUser85
Driver

Originally Posted by aCortIS101
7k series??

For the vents your gonna have to mess with them in order to get them to fit right, it takes a while. Also be careful not to damage the dash... Alot of guys including myself have took a small piece out of the dash while installing the vents back in place or taking them out... ****ty dashboard.

For the GPS, check the sys text file and see if the path is correct?? Duno

Windows... You discounted the battery? You have to go to each window and roll them up and down a few times. If you see the window button blinking, means it needs to be programed to auto roll up and down.
Yep..7000 series. I guess they were the first ones made..lol

As for the vents..they are about to drive me nuts! I just cant make room to move them up in order to get them to fit..guess I'll keep playing with them.

I tried the window thing. I did disconnect the battery but individually rolled each window up and down until they reset..the only one that didnt work is the front passenger window..
Old 01-05-12, 08:48 PM
5280is250
Driver School Candidate

Default kinda sorta but not really discouraged...

Just bought a Flyaudio for my 06, should be delivered next week, and am a little shocked at some of the issues I have read on this gynormus thread... but still does not discourage me enough to write it off... yet. The advantages seem to be worth it as long as they continue to come out with the updates to fix the bugs. I'm assuming (and hoping) it's the second generation. Didn't even know or think to ask. A couple questions, seems most of you installed this yourself, easy to do? Instructions included? Also, if mine is a second generation and not updated, how do I update?
Old 01-05-12, 09:21 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 5280is250
Just bought a Flyaudio for my 06, should be delivered next week, and am a little shocked at some of the issues I have read on this gynormus thread... but still does not discourage me enough to write it off... yet. The advantages seem to be worth it as long as they continue to come out with the updates to fix the bugs. I'm assuming (and hoping) it's the second generation. Didn't even know or think to ask. A couple questions, seems most of you installed this yourself, easy to do? Instructions included? Also, if mine is a second generation and not updated, how do I update?
The installation is not difficult, but it requires lots of patience. You have to be super careful with the dash so you don't scratch it. No instructions is included. Here is a link to a thread that helped me a lot when I installed mine:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...6k-beware.html

If yours is a second gen, hopefully it comes with the first update. We are anticipating a second update to fix the temperature display issue.
Old 01-06-12, 03:42 AM
LexUser85
Driver

Originally Posted by 5280is250
I have an 06 also and like you, this thread didnt bother me in making my decision to buy. Its fairly easy to install but like many people have said before..it takes LOTS of patients. Dont try to get it done too fast or you might mess something up. The only real issue that I have with the install is that after getting the unit into the dash and all the screws back in place, I dont have enough room to fit my upper vents back in. Theres about a quarter inch of lip that doesnt clear the top of the nav unit in order for me to slide it all the way in. Just waiting for a day off to mess with it some more. Let me know if you have the same problem.. As for the "generation"..I had no idea there was more than one gen and still dont really know how to tell but my user manual says "7000" series so im going to assume that its a first gen. I would also like to know how to update the system and get some of the bugs out of it..right now I cant use my nav cause it didnt come with a micro sd card with maps on it so i had to use one that I already had. But when I hit the nav button it just goes to a half scrambled screen..still working out kinks!

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350