Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-09, 07:35 PM
noliesss
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got the system on the 24TH and it came with the update but they still have not gotten the FM radio problem or the clock problem fixed yet. Called flyaudio and they said my unit came with all updates. The update only fix tempature.
Old 12-28-09, 10:40 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by noliesss
Anyone with the airbag light able to reset it? I hate looking at that red light indicator in the gauge. Anyone try going to a shop with the scan tool to reset the light and does it work? I brought it, install it with a disconnected battery and still got the airbag light. Will the airbag still work if you get that indicator on the instrusment panel?
We have a factory scan tool and did reset the light, but it came back on shortly after. The guys at Fly Audio are fervently searching for the fix, I am confident they will have it sometime in January/February. It will be resolved and free of charge to all clients who have the system. They actually just purchased a great looking new ES 350 to do some testing on.

Originally Posted by mISteRED
I just finished installing the FlyAudio system in my 07 IS350 that I picked it up during the Automax GB a couple of weeks ago. So far everything works like it should, I do have the airbag light but hopefully that gets taken care of pretty soon. I did the back up camera with the install; the whole thing was pretty straight forward using all of the DIY found in the different threads. The biggest pain was running the wires for the camera and getting all of the wiring for the head unit situated right so that everything fit back in the dash correctly. I am going to do the BIOS upgrade as soon as they release it so we will see how that goes. So for anyone who was wondering if the system works with the 07 IS350 it does, it is a very clean looking unit you can’t tell that it’s not an OEM system. And just a quick plug for Mat at Automax he has been very responsive to any and all questions that I have had. For anyone that is thinking about getting this system it is well worth it to go thru Mat/Automax, top notch service.
I am glad to hear that everything is going great with your system Greg. It's great to see people doing this in their garages, it truly is a plug and play system. I appreciate the kind words, we certainly do our best to make sure all of our clients questions/concerns get answered as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by noliesss
I just got the system on the 24TH and it came with the update but they still have not gotten the FM radio problem or the clock problem fixed yet. Called flyaudio and they said my unit came with all updates. The update only fix tempature.
The update fixed the celsius/fahrenheit issue and addressed the fact that the radio wouldn't go above 97.xx on FM. However, they are still working on getting the stations dialed in so that if your favorite radio station is 105.9 that it actually registers on your unit as 105.9. The fix is coming.

I am in Washington right now and stopped by their headquarters today to talk about future plans. I am still amazed at the level of professionalism and quality of products that the guys at Fly Audio have shown me. This is going to be a revolutionary change for car entertainment systems. A couple interesting points:
1) They have sold hundreds of units for other makes and models with absolutely 0 issues with airbag lights. For some reason Lexus is the 1st to have this issue.
2) Also, they have successfully integrated full iPod integration into OTHER models (not for Lexus) and will soon integrate this into Lexus models. Full integration means that you will be able to control your iPod (playlists, organize by artist, album,etc) from the unit itself.

I am out of the office for the rest of this week, but if anyone has any questions, please give me a call anytime at 714-720-2797.

Happy New Year!
Old 12-30-09, 07:51 AM
djsai
Lexus Test Driver

I went to Lexus for my service and the techinican asked me if I realized the airbag light was On. lol..I was like yes cuz he noticed the Flyaudio unit and was amazed. He said a lot of people asked the dealership if they have aftermarket units for their lexus. I was bout to say holla at clublexus

So he tried doing the ecu reset to get the light off, but dint work and gave me the Diagnostic Report.

Code is B1660 - Passenger Seat Airbag Active Mode Indicator.
Old 12-30-09, 09:44 AM
TommyT
Lead Lap

I find this regard the error code B1660 online not sure is it help

http://www.matrixowners.com/lofivers...hp/t79759.html
Old 12-30-09, 12:05 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyT
I find this regard the error code B1660 online not sure is it help

http://www.matrixowners.com/lofivers...hp/t79759.html
Thanks for the link! I read a bit of the explanation and it looks like the lack of the factory clock could be the issue, because one of the fixes of the B1660 is a faulty connector to the OEM clock:

In conclusion, my suggestion to those that are dealing with this issue would be,
1.) Check pin # 9 and # 10 on the back of the digital clock. It may just be a loose connection. If the problem persists move to step 2.
2.) Replace the digital clock. If the problem persists move to step 3.
3.) Swap out the Airbag Sensor Assembly. If the problem persists move to step 4.
4.) Have your dealer test the instrument panel wiring and decide for yourself whether or not you want to have it replaced.
Mat, please tell flyaudio to put the clock back in!
Old 12-30-09, 02:29 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by IceIridium
Thanks for the link! I read a bit of the explanation and it looks like the lack of the factory clock could be the issue, because one of the fixes of the B1660 is a faulty connector to the OEM clock:

Mat, please tell flyaudio to put the clock back in!
wait a minute... isn't the passenger side seat belt indicator on the same display panel as the clock? technically speaking, doesn't that switch also activate the passenger side air bag?
Old 12-30-09, 03:02 PM
djsai
Lexus Test Driver

Hey guys this what Edward from flyaudio sent me

We have uploaded the program for you to install the upgrade on our website. We also put a PDF document, giving you step-by-step instructions. The BIOS file will be ready shortly. Just come back later and hopefully it will be ready. Thank you.
Old 12-30-09, 03:05 PM
texasborn
Rookie

I said some weeks ago, I felt the issue was with the passenger side airbag switch. REALLY curious to see what the final solution turns out to be.
Old 12-30-09, 03:35 PM
MCL1
Pole Position

Question: Really for flyaudio, but maybe Mat can help.

Can we skip this update and go straight to the next one? I don't wanna risk messing everything up just so I can get F instead of C.
Old 12-30-09, 04:21 PM
texasborn
Rookie

Just got an email: http://flyaudio.us/forum/16-download...039-a-e8041#42
Old 12-30-09, 11:40 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by djsai
I went to Lexus for my service and the techinican asked me if I realized the airbag light was On. lol..I was like yes cuz he noticed the Flyaudio unit and was amazed. He said a lot of people asked the dealership if they have aftermarket units for their lexus. I was bout to say holla at clublexus

So he tried doing the ecu reset to get the light off, but dint work and gave me the Diagnostic Report.

Code is B1660 - Passenger Seat Airbag Active Mode Indicator.
That is the same code we found with our factory scanner. The guys at Fly Audio just bought a brand new ES 350 and are working on the fix here in the states, so look for an answer sometime in January.

Originally Posted by djsai
Hey guys this what Edward from flyaudio sent me

We have uploaded the program for you to install the upgrade on our website. We also put a PDF document, giving you step-by-step instructions. The BIOS file will be ready shortly. Just come back later and hopefully it will be ready. Thank you.
When I was at Fly Audio's headquarters this week, they were uploading the final instructions and file to their website, so it should be available soon.

Originally Posted by MCL1
Question: Really for flyaudio, but maybe Mat can help.

Can we skip this update and go straight to the next one? I don't wanna risk messing everything up just so I can get F instead of C.
Mark, I am assuming you can skip the update and go right to the newest version, but I am not sure. Either way, if you don't mind the radio not going above 97.xx FM and the C/F display, I would just wait until they get the airbag light squared away and go straight for that one. Either way, I'd be happy to take care of one or both of the updates whenever you would like. There is no risk of messing anything up, it's just like a computer, anything that is done can be un-done with the right instructions. This system really is user friend and easy to work with.

Thanks to everyone who is helping identify the airbag light solution. It is amazing, Fly Audio makes this GPS/multimedia system for over 50 models of car and this is the 1st time they have seen any types of malfunction lights on the cars dashboard. Lots of cool updates to come! Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-09, 02:31 PM
mISteRED
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New BIOS file today

I just talked with Victor from FlyAudioa little while ago as I was updating my BIOS and Gps files and he said that there is a new BIOS file that was uploaded today. If you go to thier web site you can get the new one and they give a brief description of the fixes.
Old 12-31-09, 03:56 PM
supaIS350
Lead Lap

darn, the drivers doesn't work on Windows Vista or Windows 7.
Old 12-31-09, 04:04 PM
MCL1
Pole Position

Has anybody successfully updated? Any tips/advice?

I'm still gunshy and will wait until after they do the airbag and ipod updates.

I'm also concerned because my Odessey maps no longer work, I'm using Igo8 now anyway.
Old 12-31-09, 04:10 PM
mISteRED
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default HD maps?

I finished doing the BIOS update and the GPS update and everything works like they said it would except for the navagation looks the same as before the update. I made sure that the screen is set to 800X400 but it still looks low res. Does anyone know if we will need new high res maps to take advantage of the screen res?

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350