Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-12, 07:20 AM
andrewpmoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm tempted by the flyaudio system. I was wondering if it's possible to have an external source shown on it. Ideally I would like to transmit from my android phone (which has hdmi out) to the screen to use google nav for navigation.

I know I would need to use the phone to control it, but after years of windows mobile and using igo and other nav programs I like google nav more than others.
Old 02-09-12, 07:31 AM
2jzism
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewpmoo
I'm tempted by the flyaudio system. I was wondering if it's possible to have an external source shown on it. Ideally I would like to transmit from my android phone (which has hdmi out) to the screen to use google nav for navigation.

I know I would need to use the phone to control it, but after years of windows mobile and using igo and other nav programs I like google nav more than others.
andrewpmoo

I'm extremely happy with mine, give David from carlighttrends.com a call or email him. He's very knowable about FlyAudio and a great guy to deal with.
Old 02-09-12, 11:50 AM
ISBU
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 2jzism
ISBU

Contact the place where you got your FlyAudio unit, and see if they can get the new updated Bios Firmware. I can tell you that I'm even happier with my FlyAudio navigation unit now since I updated to the latest firmware.

I forgot to write this before, my steering wheel buttons have always worked with my FlyAudio Navigation with out any problems. Now It used too have a small amount of lag, but it got fixed after the newest update.
My steering controls never did work for the USB and for my iPhone to control my music. I emailed flyaudio and never get back to me. Can you change songs with the steering control on your USB and iPod?
Old 02-09-12, 03:23 PM
bjp202
Driver School Candidate

Big props to David at carlighttrends for hooking me up with the latest firmware update.
I am extremely happy now that the temperature range has been fixed and now I feel that the unit is complete.

My steering wheel controls have never worked for controlling my iPod either....it would be nice but not a real big deal to me. It's not that bad to just navigate with the menu on the screen.
Old 02-09-12, 04:57 PM
ibedizzy
Driver School Candidate

andrewpmoo

I'm extremely happy with mine, give David from carlighttrends.com a call or email him. He's very knowable about FlyAudio and a great guy to deal with.
what's david's email address? is there a clublexus discount?
Old 02-09-12, 05:05 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For those of you that cannot use steering wheel buttons to control your iPods, have you checked the connections in the back of your unit? The first time I installed my Flyaudio unit, one of the cables (the one with the white plug that plugs into the back of Flyaudio unit) wasn't fully locked in place and my iPod was acting funny. I could hear the iPod through the speakers, but could control it with steering wheel buttons and sometimes Flyaudio unit couldn't detect my iPod.
Old 02-09-12, 05:07 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ibedizzy
You can contact him via the e-mail address posted on carlighttrends.com
Old 02-09-12, 09:48 PM
djzx
Rookie

Sucks to be a 1st gen owner...ever since I got the unit 2 years ago there hasn't been any support coming from FlyAudio. 2nd gen feels like how 1st was, lots of love in the beginning...but its only a matter of time before they vanish and come back with the another to repeat this all over again. I still love my first gen tho...should last long enough until the next redesigned IS from Lexus, hope its like the GS beast they unleashed.
Old 02-10-12, 01:03 AM
ISBU
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by NimaM
For those of you that cannot use steering wheel buttons to control your iPods, have you checked the connections in the back of your unit? The first time I installed my Flyaudio unit, one of the cables (the one with the white plug that plugs into the back of Flyaudio unit) wasn't fully locked in place and my iPod was acting funny. I could hear the iPod through the speakers, but could control it with steering wheel buttons and sometimes Flyaudio unit couldn't detect my iPod.

I took out the radio a few times to double check my connections and everything is locked in. I guess a few of us don't have that feature on our flyaudio unit.
Old 02-10-12, 05:05 AM
bjp202
Driver School Candidate

I mentioned the steering wheel controls not working for me and a few other 2nd gen owners to David at CLT last night and he said that it should work for everyone so he is going to look into it then get back to me.

I have also pulled the unit out a couple of times to check all of the connections and didn't find any issues there.
Old 02-10-12, 06:44 AM
2jzism
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ibedizzy
ibedizzy

David can be reached at carlighttrends.com, email him or call he's a great guy to deal with. Plus since he's FlyAudio's Florida sales rep I think that he is the only place to get a FlyAudio unit for you IS.
Old 02-10-12, 06:48 AM
2jzism
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NimaM
I had the same problem at first, I had to remove my unit and double check my connections. I turns out that one of them was not fully pushed in, when I did this it gave out a loud CLICK and only then is when I had full control of my iPod/iPhone and the steering wheel controls.
Old 02-10-12, 02:29 PM
ISBU
Lexus Test Driver

I had the same problem at first, I had to remove my unit and double check my connections. I turns out that one of them was not fully pushed in, when I did this it gave out a loud CLICK and only then is when I had full control of my iPod/iPhone and the steering wheel controls.
Do you remember which connector? I'm going to recheck the pin on the connector.
Old 02-10-12, 05:11 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ISBU
Do you remember which connector? I'm going to recheck the pin on the connector.
In the back there are two plugs. One is black which is the main plug for power, AC control, and etc, and the other one next to it is a white one (smaller) that is labeled AV or something similar. Your usb, other RCA inputs, and iPod are on this cable/plug. It may look it's fully inserted, but as you push the unit into the dash during installation, this plug becomes loose if it's not fully inserted. As 2jzism said, when you fully insert the plug, you should hear a loud click. I hope this solves your problem.
Old 02-10-12, 10:13 PM
ISBU
Lexus Test Driver

I checked it again today and the connector was okay. Took it out a few times and put it back in and no luck still can't control the USB or my iphone to change the tracks. It makes me wonder if I got the right harness for the A/V or the unit is defective.

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350