Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-12, 10:26 AM
fraga
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why can't this just fix this damn thing so it doesn't have so many bugs...Iv'e been waiting and waiting for them to just get it right so I can buy one...still waiting...
Old 02-20-12, 10:44 AM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NimaM
iPod interface:
*play ipod video on screen I haven't checked for this and I doubt it
I can get iPod video to play on screen but not via the normal iPod connector, but by the AUX in input. You'll need an iPod to RCA cable hooked up to the back of the unit, and turn off iPod in settings to make it just a standard a/v input mode. Unfortunately you'll need your iPod to control the video, and somewhere to put the 2nd iPod connector.

Last edited by IceIridium; 02-20-12 at 10:58 AM.
Old 02-20-12, 11:27 AM
2jzism
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fraga
Why can't this just fix this damn thing so it doesn't have so many bugs...Iv'e been waiting and waiting for them to just get it right so I can buy one...still waiting...
fraga

I would say that now is the time to get one, the AC settings are fixed, the FM & AM reception is fixed, no problems with SRS light. The three major problems have been fixed so truly if you have been on the fence about getting one or not I would say go for it you will not be disappointed.
Old 02-20-12, 12:24 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fraga
At this point, one has to be too picky to complain about the second gen Flyaudio for Lexus ISX50/ISF.

The only known issue at this time for some of us is the passenger airbag lights on Flyaudio unit that do not light up. However, the passenger airbag itself is functional!
Old 02-20-12, 12:26 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IceIridium
I can get iPod video to play on screen but not via the normal iPod connector, but by the AUX in input. You'll need an iPod to RCA cable hooked up to the back of the unit, and turn off iPod in settings to make it just a standard a/v input mode. Unfortunately you'll need your iPod to control the video, and somewhere to put the 2nd iPod connector.
This is a good workaround!
Old 02-21-12, 03:39 AM
2jzism
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NimaM
At this point, one has to be too picky to complain about the second gen Flyaudio for Lexus ISX50/ISF.

The only known issue at this time for some of us is the passenger airbag lights on Flyaudio unit that do not light up. However, the passenger airbag itself is functional!
NimaM

+1 yes at this point that now the AC settings are fixed, Both FM and AM are working perfectly, and no other issues again I would say that FlyAudio's Second generation units for the IS250/350 are now perfect, and the only option.

And this point who ever complains is just to picky, because there truly is nothing wrong with it.
Old 02-21-12, 11:23 AM
joeykool
Driver School Candidate

After reading this thread I decided to order the 2nd generation Flyaudio unit. I had my friend install the unit yesterday. He made sure to disconnect the battery first but the airbag light still came on. I spoke to the place where I ordered the unit from and they are sending out a replacement harness to correct that issue. My stereo guy did the AM/FM radio fix (props to the forum member who figured that out) but my FM stations are very loud but still have static? Has anyone encountered this? Not a constant static but I live in an area where radio reception was never a problem before.

Also I wanted to try and update the Bios to fix the temperature. I guess 2nd generation users can no longer update the old way by entering the password to update (I saw YouTube videos of this process). I see a few of you have updated their Bios, but the store I order the unit from was unaware of a new update. Could someone please tell me where to get the update or point me in the right direction?

My impressions of the unit so far are that it is a really nice upgrade. Coming from the non-nav, this is a huge plus.

Any help with these issues would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old 02-21-12, 03:32 PM
CarbonDtls
Lead Lap

Anyone run an amp from the back RCAs on the unit?
I doubt there are but looking at mine there's only a set of RCAs for rear view entertainment and then there's a black and gray RCAs which are not labeled in English.

Last edited by CarbonDtls; 02-21-12 at 05:18 PM.
Old 02-24-12, 02:01 AM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

my IS is a 2009 without navi so it doesn't come with the call buttons on the steering wheel.

i am wondering if i get the fly audio navi .. can i just get the steering wheel controls off from a 2010 stick it in my steering wheel and it will work on the fly audio to pick up calls and hang up ?
Old 02-25-12, 02:54 PM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

does the 2009-2010 fly audio unit have chrome surroundings like the oem ones?
Old 02-25-12, 06:32 PM
2jzism
Intermediate

Originally Posted by panda327
my IS is a 2009 without navi so it doesn't come with the call buttons on the steering wheel.

i am wondering if i get the fly audio navi .. can i just get the steering wheel controls off from a 2010 stick it in my steering wheel and it will work on the fly audio to pick up calls and hang up ?
I don't think that will work. I was talking to David from carlighttrends.com today and I do know that he has a coupon for CL members. My neighbor is get one for his 08 and David is helping him out with a discount
Old 02-25-12, 06:54 PM
ODiddy10
Driver School Candidate

How much is the CL discount do you know?
Old 02-25-12, 08:04 PM
2jzism
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ODiddy10
How much is the CL discount do you know?
Not sure I can find out, you might get a faster answer if you email them. Go to carlighttrends.com
Old 02-25-12, 08:19 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

I don't think so.
Old 02-26-12, 04:42 AM
2jzism
Intermediate

I don't think that I does, I just went to FlyAudio's main site and I don't see any chrome. You've been on the fence for sometime, now that Flyaudio's is fixed and working the way it should why don't you pull the trigger and get one for your IS. Now since the new update and that the AM and FM are fixed I can tell you that I extremely happy with mine.

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350