Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-12, 05:06 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by andrewpmoo
To change them do you just pull hard on the yellow wire. If so, does it comes out with the pin from the main harness. Then do you just push it hard into the flyaudio socket?

I've just got my flyaudio unit today and haven't got the old head unit out yet.

Also, does anyone know what the following cable are for:

The one labelled "lin" - black RCA type connector.
The BAT+/-, ACC, BRAKE, BACK connectors
The CAR SPEED one.

Should these be hooking up anywhere?
I must say the instructions are next to useless!
I don't remember the black RCA connector. I also didn't connect any of the other wires you named above. According to Flyaudio the wire labeled "Back" needs to be connected to the positive wire of the reverse light to switch the screen to the reverse camera's input. I didn't wire it up and in my case the Video signal from the camera is enough to switch the screen. I also showed my setup to Flyaudio and they were surprised it works!

If you connect the wire labeled "Brake" to the emergency brake, then you will not be able to watch DVDs while driving.
Old 02-29-12, 06:21 PM
Deejay1980
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,

I just bought this unit and all of a sudden my GPS option doesn't work. The nav system will run,it's like the maps won't load. It just looks like my car is driving around on a pink background.

I'm getting fed up with the Odyssey system....does anyone have any advice on how I can get a new GPS system to run on my FlyAudio nav system.

PM me with any details or help you can provide!

Thanks!!
Old 02-29-12, 07:58 PM
2jzism
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

David from carlighttrends.com helped me out, it was just that simple. Remove the yellow wire from the OEM harness, then install it in the same pin location but now on the FlyAudio harness.
Old 02-29-12, 08:50 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Deejay1980
Hey guys,

I just bought this unit and all of a sudden my GPS option doesn't work. The nav system will run,it's like the maps won't load. It just looks like my car is driving around on a pink background.

I'm getting fed up with the Odyssey system....does anyone have any advice on how I can get a new GPS system to run on my FlyAudio nav system.

PM me with any details or help you can provide!

Thanks!!
In my opinion, iGo Primo ver. 1.2 is the best. At night all colors match with the instrument cluster lights.
Old 03-01-12, 04:20 AM
joeykool
Driver School Candidate

I was wondering if anyone has encountered this problem. My iPod steering wheel volume works but the song selection will not work with the steering wheel controls. I read a few posts ago about that the wrong part of the harness maybe plugged into the unit? Does anyone else have more info on this or maybe a picture to see what I am doing wrong.
Old 03-01-12, 06:14 AM
andrewpmoo
Driver School Candidate

I'm just in the process of installing my flyaudio unit, but I can't for the life of me get that yellow wire out of the factory head unit. I guess there's a technique to this that I'm not aware of.

Do you have to do anything with the plastic strip on top of the connector that looks like it should be able to open up? If so, how do you open it up!

I'm keen to get everything back in without hopefully having to pull it all out again!

One annoying this also, when pulling the vents out the front came of the vents unit and the little plastic strip with holes in it that move all the blades of the vent must have popped off. It seems to be nowhere to be found!
Old 03-01-12, 10:08 AM
2jzism
Intermediate

I used a "snap-on" pin removal tool. I might be able to use something like a paper clip.
Old 03-01-12, 11:36 AM
ISBU
Lexus Test Driver

You can also use jeweler screwdrivers.
Old 03-01-12, 11:41 AM
andrewpmoo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ISBU
You can also use jeweler screwdrivers.
I have some of those, what do you do with them?!
I can't work out the technique to get at the pin, do you push it out from the front or pull it from the back? Also do you need to do anything with the plastic strip on the top of the block?
Old 03-02-12, 02:50 AM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

omg i just realized the fly audio i ordered may not be the 2nd gen ...

http://stores.caraudioproshop.com/-s...350/Detail.bok

do they still sell first gen fly audios?
Old 03-02-12, 03:57 AM
2jzism
Intermediate

Originally Posted by panda327
omg i just realized the fly audio i ordered may not be the 2nd gen ...

http://stores.caraudioproshop.com/-s...350/Detail.bok

do they still sell first gen fly audios?
Yes sir, before I got mine from David over at carlighttrends.com I called them to confirm what gen they had, and there answer was "we where not aware of a second generation" so I proceeded to contact David and purchased it from him.

From what David has told me in the past there is a lot of first gen units floating around and you see them aggressively priced so they can sale them. He told me that since he is FlyAudio's Florida Sales rep basically FlyAudio direct he is the only source for a true Second Generation units.

I could have saved a little bit, but I didn't think it was worth the savings if something goes wrong later down the line. David has proven himself here with us on CL and continues to do so even though he is no longer a vendor here.

Put it this way when ever I needed help with my unit, he was just a phone call away and never let me down.

Panda good luck, keep us posted
Old 03-02-12, 04:01 AM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

Yes I would have definitely bought it from CLT if i lived in the US but unfortunately I live in Canada and the border taxed would have killed the deal

I emailed them asking if its the 2nd gen they shipped me... i hope i hear the right answer...
but since they wrote on their website that the unit use a dual core processor, does that mean it is 2nd gen? i think i read many many pages back that the 2nd gen comes with a dual core while the 1st doesnt? and it does say it supports phone book... isn't that a 2nd gen feature?

Last edited by panda327; 03-02-12 at 04:11 AM.
Old 03-02-12, 06:31 AM
2jzism
Intermediate

Originally Posted by panda327
Yes I would have definitely bought it from CLT if i lived in the US but unfortunately I live in Canada and the border taxed would have killed the deal

I emailed them asking if its the 2nd gen they shipped me... i hope i hear the right answer...
but since they wrote on their website that the unit use a dual core processor, does that mean it is 2nd gen? i think i read many many pages back that the 2nd gen comes with a dual core while the 1st doesnt? and it does say it supports phone book... isn't that a 2nd gen feature?
I'm not sure about the processors, but the phone book is definitely exclusive to the second generation.
Old 03-02-12, 10:15 AM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I think it's the right one, panda... I think that's the right model number at least. The first gen was E8039-NAVI or something like that.

If you want, ask them if the lower right button next to the screen says "AV IN" or "CARD". First gen says AV IN and Second gen says CARD.
Old 03-02-12, 10:38 AM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

So the distributor i bought it from got back to me they said: "All units sold in Canada are first generation for Navi-2 (2009-2011) and 2nd generation for Navi-1 (2006-2008) although they are both come with the same latest firmware. Features are the same except for the 2nd generation they moved the cooling fan to the top."

Since i'm a 2009 guess i'm out of luck both ways.. but if the features are the same then i don't mind. What alarms me is i remember someone on this forum who also got the unit for his 2009 did not get the new features. Guess I have to wait until i find out.

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350