Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

where do i download IGO for flyaudio?
Old 03-12-12, 01:09 AM
IS250AUS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ISBU
I bought this unit knowing all the problem because it's the closest thing to the factory unit and it look nicer than non-nav radio.
This is exactly what i did. I was aware of the mixed reviews, but i was unaware of any other factory looking units. I took the gamble...

Still, a couple of grand for a unit where something as basic as the radio is not working, is pretty disappointing...

On another note, for the first time i saw another unit on Ebay which is different to mine. It has different plugs, and a brass screw on Nav. antenna. Out of curiosity, is this something new (a different manufacturer), or is it the older Version 1 unit?
Old 03-12-12, 01:49 AM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by IS250AUS
On another note, for the first time i saw another unit on Ebay which is different to mine. It has different plugs, and a brass screw on Nav. antenna. Out of curiosity, is this something new (a different manufacturer), or is it the older Version 1 unit?
You must be referring to the unit this guy bought:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...s-fitment.html

Looks like a new competing product to Flyaudio... I like how it has the newer OEM design with the chrome garnish as well as the "smooth" looking side buttons. Not much information about it or who made it that I know of...

However from what the OP of that thread says there might be a fitment issue with the center vents for pre-'09 models though...

On the one hand I wish that competing unit is totally kick-*** to really stick it to Flyaudio and show them how to make things properly... On the other hand it would mean I spent a lot of cash on the wrong product and I'd regret it deeply... HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...
Old 03-12-12, 05:11 AM
johnchi
Driver

Hi,

I bought the other system.
I updated the thread with a review after a couple of weeks with it.
IceIridium - Dont worry. the system isnt perfect .

So I will leave it up to each of you to decide what you you get.
The ebay unit (look for is250 navigation) is exactly the one I got I just got it through a friend that deals in automotive parts etc to test.

if you purchase it make sure to inquire about support - version updates etc.

I have seen FA is providing some updates and you have a dealer which can support you which is a BIG plus.
Old 03-12-12, 11:44 AM
2jzism
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll tell you what, now with the newest Bios and now that I have done the radio reception fix I'm totally happy with my FlyAudio unit.

The fact that I have David from carlighttrends.com just a few miles away from me also helps, one good thing about him is that he takes care of his customers and that is hard to find nowadays.
Old 03-12-12, 11:48 AM
johnchi
Driver

Originally Posted by 2jzism
I'll tell you what, now with the newest Bios and now that I have done the radio reception fix I'm totally happy with my FlyAudio unit.

The fact that I have David from carlighttrends.com just a few miles away from me also helps, one good thing about him is that he takes care of his customers and that is hard to find nowadays.
That indeed is a strong selling point!
Old 03-12-12, 09:42 PM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

is it just me ... or does this unit doesn't charge my iphone4s when its plugged in through the ipod adapter..
Old 03-12-12, 11:47 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by panda327
is it just me ... or does this unit doesn't charge my iphone4s when its plugged in through the ipod adapter..
So did you end up getting Gen 1 or 2?

If Gen 1 I had that same issue with it that was never fixed... But that was only my particular unit that had the issue (that I knew of)...
Old 03-14-12, 10:50 AM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IceIridium
So did you end up getting Gen 1 or 2?

If Gen 1 I had that same issue with it that was never fixed... But that was only my particular unit that had the issue (that I knew of)...
I currently have the 1st gen. The dealer said he will exchange it with a 2nd gen when he has it in stock.... i hope he keeps his words.

Are the 2nd gen able to charge iphone4s?
Old 03-14-12, 01:50 PM
otrovago
Driver School Candidate

I want to give David over at carlightrends.com big props. I just got my second gen flyaudio for my new 06 IS250.
Old 03-14-12, 05:05 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

I currently have the 1st gen. The dealer said he will exchange it with a 2nd gen when he has it in stock.... i hope he keeps his words.

All of them were supposed to charge ipod/iphone, nobody else reported that problem, first or second gen. Until yours, my first gen unit was the only unit that I heard of that didn't charge. So I guess yours has the same defect.
Old 03-14-12, 05:54 PM
2jzism
Intermediate

Panda

Mine charges my i4, man I sure hope that they exchange it for a second gen. But I wonder what they are going to do with a used unit?
Old 03-14-12, 08:02 PM
joeykool
Driver School Candidate

Hey everyone, so I had my updated harness installed today on my 2nd generation unit and now the airbag light is off but the radio won't go past 97.5 and the temperature is in Celsius. Has anyone encountered this or can help me?
Old 03-14-12, 09:05 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joeykool
Hey everyone, so I had my updated harness installed today on my 2nd generation unit and now the airbag light is off but the radio won't go past 97.5 and the temperature is in Celsius. Has anyone encountered this or can help me?
I never had this radio problem. You need to make sure radio bands are set for USA. You can go to setup and change the country. Also, make sure you have the latest firmware (FA calls it bios update) installed. The temperature can be changed to Fahrenheit under the TMPS menu.
Old 03-15-12, 03:39 AM
2jzism
Intermediate

Originally Posted by joeykool
joeykool

You can change the radio setting under "setup" and its called "State Radio" as for the temp settings I don't see why the harness would change that, I would contact the place where you got it at.

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350