Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-09, 05:01 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mISteRED
I finished doing the BIOS update and the GPS update and everything works like they said it would except for the navagation looks the same as before the update. I made sure that the screen is set to 800X400 but it still looks low res. Does anyone know if we will need new high res maps to take advantage of the screen res?
Greg, you updated the GPS software so that your system can take advantage of the HD maps in the future. Fly Audio will send you an updated SD card with HD maps on them. I will find out Monday when those are going to be mailed out! Glad to see you got the update successfully! Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-09, 05:50 PM
mISteRED
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ Thanks Mat, looking forward to using the new maps.
Old 12-31-09, 05:53 PM
MCL1
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Automax Service
Greg, you updated the GPS software so that your system can take advantage of the HD maps in the future. Fly Audio will send you an updated SD card with HD maps on them. I will find out Monday when those are going to be mailed out! Glad to see you got the update successfully! Happy New Year!
Perfect. That solves my problem too!
Old 12-31-09, 07:51 PM
mISteRED
Rookie

Default Maps

I just got another email from Victor about the maps. He said they would post instrustions on thier forum by Monday about the upgrade to for the HD maps. I also wanted to let everyone know that the BIOS and GPS upgrade was pretty easy to do as long as you read the pdf and watch the videos that FlyAudio posted on thier forum pages. The only thing that I did different from the instructions was to hook up the usb cable after I was on the BIOS upgrade screen. If I hooked up the computer before I got to that screen it would not let me load the "dnw" driver that is needed for the laptop to talk to the FlyAudio unit. After Victor helped me with that issue everything else went pretty good. The radio has the right station numbers, temp is in farenheit and the clock is now in a 12hr format instead of 24hr. I can't till we get the new maps and the airbag light and Ipod stuff figured out.
Old 01-01-10, 09:28 AM
texasborn
Rookie

I upgraded the BIOS using a Vista laptop and it went fine. I don't recommend doing the GPS upgrade to 800x480 if you're using 3rd party navigation software - particulary iGo8 unless you really want to hose things up. I'm sure I need to modify something more than the resolution in my sys.txt file, but I haven't found the solution yet.
Old 01-01-10, 01:20 PM
djsai
Lexus Test Driver

Hey guys just did the Bios upgrade so happy to see the temperature, time and radio frequencies working like they should...Everything works perfect. The system shows the correct stations.Temp is in Farenheit, Time is 12hr format.

I dint upgrade the GPS cuz i am running iGo8.

Real happy with this unit..so glad FlyAudio took our concerns seriously and made this successful upgrade...
Old 01-01-10, 02:01 PM
MCL1
Pole Position

Texasborn and DJsai: Thanks for the update. I'm gonna skip the gps update too.
Old 01-01-10, 03:30 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by texasborn
I upgraded the BIOS using a Vista laptop and it went fine. I don't recommend doing the GPS upgrade to 800x480 if you're using 3rd party navigation software - particulary iGo8 unless you really want to hose things up. I'm sure I need to modify something more than the resolution in my sys.txt file, but I haven't found the solution yet.
If you update the GPS, you can change the resolution between what it is now and the higher resolution, so you can still run the iGo8 or regular odyssey maps! Glad everyone is having success with the updates!
Old 01-01-10, 03:43 PM
mISteRED
Rookie

Default Maps

Hey Mat do you know if we need to update the maps every year? I just went out for a bit today and the nav gave me an error that the maps were out of date or something like that and then shut down the nav. I am guessing that because we just went into 2010 that that is the reason, I know that we will be getting the new HD maps soon but will we need to buy new maps every year?
Old 01-01-10, 03:52 PM
texasborn
Rookie

Originally Posted by Automax Service
If you update the GPS, you can change the resolution between what it is now and the higher resolution, so you can still run the iGo8 or regular odyssey maps! Glad everyone is having success with the updates!
Got the maps working. Required modifying the sys.txt file and replacing a couple of other files so the software could handle the new resolution.
Old 01-01-10, 04:37 PM
quintmann
Pole Position

^i still couldnt get my iGo8 to work.

it still said 'application data base not found'.

the update went good and im happy to see the radio frequencies work now!
Old 01-01-10, 05:02 PM
noliesss
Driver

Got everything to work including Igo8 and Amigo, liked Navigon but could not get that to work. If you have windows 7, the computer will not let you install the driver for it and will shut down on you. Get the GPS to the upgrade screen and click on the updrage bios button and then plug the USB cable in and it will pick up and work. You can then turn on the upgrade software and look to see if it say USB ok on the top bar of the screen. and then transfer file.
Old 01-02-10, 12:29 AM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

So the new temperature reading... is it selectable for F or C? Or is it stuck on F now?
Old 01-02-10, 08:34 AM
noliesss
Driver

it stuck on F.
Old 01-02-10, 10:19 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mISteRED
Hey Mat do you know if we need to update the maps every year? I just went out for a bit today and the nav gave me an error that the maps were out of date or something like that and then shut down the nav. I am guessing that because we just went into 2010 that that is the reason, I know that we will be getting the new HD maps soon but will we need to buy new maps every year?
Greg, did you get the problem fixed? You don't need to buy new maps every year. If you are still having a problem, give me a call and I can try and help you out. I am sure Monday morning I will be able to get an answer for you. Have a great weekend!

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350