Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-12, 04:04 AM
joeykool
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NimaM and 2jzism thank you so much for your help!

So I got up a little early this morning and messed with the settings. I was able to change the temp from C to F and I also changed the radio settings to USA. Now my radio stations are all there (not off by .2 or so) and I can get stations past 97.5. As for the temp after the Bios update my temps range from 65-85 degress F.

One issure I am having is that my steering wheel controls work with the radio both volume and stations but not with the iPod. The volume works with the iPod but I am unable to change tracks. The track selection on the steering wheel just beeps when held in. It seems like it wants to change but nothing works. It is confusing to me how the steering wheel button works for the other functions but not the iPod track selections. Anyone else ran into this problem.

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Last edited by joeykool; 03-15-12 at 06:22 AM.
Old 03-15-12, 10:54 AM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joeykool
NimaM and 2jzism thank you so much for your help!

So I got up a little early this morning and messed with the settings. I was able to change the temp from C to F and I also changed the radio settings to USA. Now my radio stations are all there (not off by .2 or so) and I can get stations past 97.5. As for the temp after the Bios update my temps range from 65-85 degress F.

One issure I am having is that my steering wheel controls work with the radio both volume and stations but not with the iPod. The volume works with the iPod but I am unable to change tracks. The track selection on the steering wheel just beeps when held in. It seems like it wants to change but nothing works. It is confusing to me how the steering wheel button works for the other functions but not the iPod track selections. Anyone else ran into this problem.

Thanks again for everyone's help!
You're welcome.
I think a few of us experienced the same issue with the steering wheel control. You need to take the unit out and make sure the A/V cable in the back is secured. If it wasn't secured tightly in place when you installed it last time, it might have become loose and the FA won't be able to communicate with your iPod correctly. The cable is the one with the smaller white plug next to the main black plug in the back! You should hear a click if it is properly inserted.

Last edited by NimaM; 03-15-12 at 10:57 AM. Reason: typo.
Old 03-15-12, 11:01 AM
NimaM
Lead Lap

I just noticed my AUX port doesn't work. Anybody else experiencing this problem?
Old 03-15-12, 11:23 AM
joeykool
Driver School Candidate

NimaM thanks again for your help.

For your issue you are referring to the aux port in the center console right? Just let me know and I will check tonight.

Last edited by joeykool; 03-15-12 at 11:26 AM.
Old 03-15-12, 11:27 AM
otrovago
Driver School Candidate

can someone recommend a good OEM looking back up camera.
Old 03-15-12, 11:50 AM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by otrovago
can someone recommend a good OEM looking back up camera.
I bought one on ebay. The quality is not as good as Flyaudio Camera, but it looks OEM. Search for
Mini Waterproof 420TVL Car Rearview Camera Back Up Reverse 150 Degree View Angle
on Ebay. They are about $35.
Old 03-15-12, 04:49 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NimaM
I just noticed my AUX port doesn't work. Anybody else experiencing this problem?
The oem 3.5mm jack aux port inside the center armrest? doesn't work with flyaudio... never has.
Old 03-15-12, 04:54 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IceIridium
The oem 3.5mm jack aux port inside the center armrest? doesn't work with flyaudio... never has.
Dang it. I have to open up my dash again! I used to listen to Pandora using the armrest AUX port.

Last edited by NimaM; 03-15-12 at 04:57 PM. Reason: ...
Old 03-16-12, 01:12 AM
ISBU
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by NimaM
Dang it. I have to open up my dash again! I used to listen to Pandora using the armrest AUX port.
If you have an iphone, you can just hook it up on your ipod input. You can also use the screen to skip to the next track.
Old 03-17-12, 01:48 PM
CarbonDtls
Lead Lap

My steering controls don't work on the ipod function. I am almost certain my white connector is in properly.
Old 03-17-12, 02:47 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CarbonDtls
My steering controls don't work on the ipod function. I am almost certain my white connector is in properly.
Does your steering wheel buttons control the CD and radio? If yes, then I think there is a problems somewhere in your connections. Also, can you change tracks while listening to MP3s via USB?

Check the following:

1) The smaller white connector behind the unit (you said you've already done it)
2) Make sure you properly connected car's harnesses to FlyAudio (FA) harness. There is a possibility that you might have connected one of the harnesses to the CD changer instead of the FA harness. If I remember correctly, there is one cable that plugs into the CD changer and the other one is supposed to plug into the FA harness.
3) In the setup menu, you need to make sure you have the correct settings.
Old 03-18-12, 06:15 AM
andrewpmoo
Driver School Candidate

I'm pretty happy with my 2nd gen unit now I've got Primo 2.0 and the lexus startup logo on it.

There's one thing I find odd. I use the ipod function to search for an artist. Then once playing, next to the artist and album display on the screen there's an up and down arrow. Are they supposed to change artist, album, as they don't seem to do much at all.
Old 03-19-12, 03:16 PM
Jarlaxle
Driver School Candidate

I have a couple questions for anyone that can help.
1. How do you get the Lexus logo on the Gen 2? I tried what I found in here to press on and hold the gear in the setup but nothing ever happens.
2. Are there any plans in the works to integrate BT audio streaming in future updates?
3. How do you find the latest updates on their site or does anyone have a link? Their site is pretty vague.
4. Is there a known issue with USB? No matter what I plug in (HD, thumb), nothing seems to be able to be read. The device is recognized as being plugged in but nothing ever populates and then tells me there is no disc inserted. Is there a specific format for the device (NTFS, FAT32, EXFAT)?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! I just had the unit installed and am pretty satisfied so far, worked great on the trip to Florida!
Old 03-19-12, 04:06 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
I have a couple questions for anyone that can help.
1. How do you get the Lexus logo on the Gen 2? I tried what I found in here to press on and hold the gear in the setup but nothing ever happens.
2. Are there any plans in the works to integrate BT audio streaming in future updates?
3. How do you find the latest updates on their site or does anyone have a link? Their site is pretty vague.
4. Is there a known issue with USB? No matter what I plug in (HD, thumb), nothing seems to be able to be read. The device is recognized as being plugged in but nothing ever populates and then tells me there is no disc inserted. Is there a specific format for the device (NTFS, FAT32, EXFAT)?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! I just had the unit installed and am pretty satisfied so far, worked great on the trip to Florida!
Assumption: You have the second generation FlyAudio unit.

1) You need to download the Logo Tool. It's on their website
2) No. The unit lacks the hardware.
3) Contact your vendor or FlyAudio
4) I never had any issues with USB and I use FAT32. You can access the contents of your USB via the DVD menu but you need to select the USB mode on the screen.

Last edited by NimaM; 03-19-12 at 04:08 PM. Reason: added more
Old 03-19-12, 04:20 PM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

i am a few days away from buying this product....anyone wanna point in in the right direction for install?

someone said it's easy as pie....however I've never made pie :P

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350