Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-12, 03:16 PM
IS250AUS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IceIridium
I pestered CLT and Flyaudio until they sent me a new harness.

Is yours Gen 1 or 2? I've only heard of 2 units that had the ipod charging problem, both Gen 1, and both AFAIK never had a solution for. If yours is a Gen 2 (from your radio problem I assume it is) then yours would be the first Gen 2 I've heard of that has that problem so far...
Mine is a Gen 2 about 4 or 5 weeks old.

According to ISBU i may have gotten the yellow wire relocation wrong, which may have effected the IPhone. I will check again on the weekend, but i first need to be sure i am interpreting the wire relocation instructions correctly. Is there another picture or instructions available?
Old 03-22-12, 03:28 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

When I was planning to do the DIY radio fix I took these couple of pics as reference... Not sure if they'll help ya...

Name:  IMG_0351.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  100.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0350.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  67.3 KB
Old 03-22-12, 04:14 PM
IS250AUS
Driver School Candidate

Ice, thanks for the pics.

I am certain i have removed the correct wire from the factory harness, but now i'm not so certain i have fitted it to the correct FA plug. I have fitted it to the large plug in the centre of the picture, beside the yellow fuse. This is the plug that plugs into the original radio on the bottom (not pictured)

Edit: I can't figure out how to attach the pic
Old 03-22-12, 04:55 PM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

has anyone replaced the stock bluetooth mic that came with the unit for better voice quality?
bluetooth calls are horrible the other end barely hear me

Amazon Amazon
Old 03-22-12, 06:21 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by panda327
has anyone replaced the stock bluetooth mic that came with the unit for better voice quality?
bluetooth calls are horrible the other end barely hear me

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-XAMC10-Ex...cmu_pg__header
I have no problem with mine. I have noticed FlyAudio doesn't always supply the same microphones and they come in different shapes.
Old 03-22-12, 06:41 PM
sir_ian80
Rookie

I'm having a problem on mine. After i moved the yellow wire for the antenna and installing the latest firmware update, i noticed that when i put it to fm/am and cd mode the sounds only mostly comes out on the left side speakers. the right ones has a tiny bit sounds that comes out. But when i play my ipod, the sound on all the speakes are even.... can anyone help me?
Old 03-22-12, 08:56 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sir_ian80
I'm having a problem on mine. After i moved the yellow wire for the antenna and installing the latest firmware update, i noticed that when i put it to fm/am and cd mode the sounds only mostly comes out on the left side speakers. the right ones has a tiny bit sounds that comes out. But when i play my ipod, the sound on all the speakes are even.... can anyone help me?
The CD and radio sound signals come from the CD changer unit. Perhaps, you accidentally made some of the other wires loose while you relocated the yellow wire.
Old 03-23-12, 01:21 PM
miLanIS250
Rookie

I'm on the fence for FlyAudio's OEM look and feel navigation unit. Main reason - the GUI looks far too primitive (I'm sure this was noted already in this thread).

FlyAudio needs to put some serious effort into rebuilding the GUI of their navigation unit(s). Here are some quick mock ups I built in Photoshop - took me less than 10 minutes. Looks a hell of a lot slicker than their current interface and actually resembles something worthy of belonging in a Lexus, as opposed to a circa 2000 look and feel product.

Name:  mockup_nav02.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  113.7 KB

Name:  mockup_nav_01.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  98.9 KB
Old 03-23-12, 03:35 PM
rrg
Driver School Candidate

Anyone interested in changing the GUI on the Flyaudio them self?

I was able to change the Fly UI images .png with photoshop and software tools.

I don't know if I can post the name of the other forum I have posted at but do a google search for :

Flyaudio: How to customize the UI

I had very little interest for the Flyaudio radio/nav unit on the other forum so I came over here looking for help and ideas.

I'm no software guru. So I'm just learning how to change the GUI. Small slow steps.

I do like the GUI miLanIS250 just posted so that gives me a little inspiration right there. I can also add new logos on each page.

Also I would recommend someone here start a new thread for Flyaudio GUI customization if they want to give it a try.

Be sure to do research on the process I used and proceed slowly with questions for clarification, if need be.

Also with enough interest I can bring over the procedure to a new thread here if it works for you.

Thank you for letting me visit and I'll check back later.

Thank you,
rrg.

Last edited by rrg; 03-23-12 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-23-12, 04:27 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rrg
Anyone interested in changing the GUI on the Flyaudio themselves?

I don't know if I can post the name of the other forum I have posted at but do a google search for :

I found very little interest for the Flyaudio radio/nav unit on the other forum so I came over here looking for help and ideas.

I'm no software guru. So I'm just learning how to change the GUI. Small slow steps.

I do like the GUI miLanIS250 just posted so that gives me a little inspiration right there. I can also add new logos on each page.

Also I would recommend someone here start a new thread for Flyaudio GUI customization if they want to give it a try.

Be sure to do research on the process and proceed slowly with questions for clarification, if need be.

Thank you,
rrg.
Thanks a lot for posting this!!!!
Old 03-23-12, 06:10 PM
IS250AUS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ISBU
You pulled the wrong wire. Here is the pic. That wire could be the fix for your ipod not charging.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...dio-am-fix.jpg
I just pulled the HU out again and double checked, and the relocation of the yellow wire is 100% correct. Now i'm stumped!

Ps: That new skin looks great. More fitting of a Lexus than the standard one!
Old 03-23-12, 07:19 PM
miLanIS250
Rookie

Originally Posted by rrg
Anyone interested in changing the GUI on the Flyaudio them self?

I had very little interest for the Flyaudio radio/nav unit on the other forum so I came over here looking for help and ideas.

Be sure to do research on the process I used and proceed slowly with questions for clarification, if need be.

Also with enough interest I can bring over the procedure to a new thread here if it works for you.

Thank you,
rrg.
Send me a PM with your email address. I'd be up for working on the UI to see exactly how in depth we can get with the enhancements. I would need a ZIP provided with all of the PNG files before I can start anything beyond the mock ups I posted earlier today. Not an overnight project, since I do have some ongoing private projects to complete next to my day job, but certainly doable.
Old 03-23-12, 08:07 PM
rrg
Driver School Candidate

miLanIS250,
Very cool. That's what I was hoping for from this forum. A++
I can zip the main menu screen and send it off for starters.
It will contain all .png files for that screen.

Of course, I expect a Lexus look for a proof of concept.
I'm not sure if a transparent backgound works here. I have not tried it yet.
I did include what I think is the default background which is 800x480 in the set, item 25008.

PM sent.

I'm also happy to help anyone who is willing to give this a try on their flyaudio unit. IMO the best candidate for this, might be someone who has done a firmware update so that if anything doe not work they have a copy of their firmware.

Post here or you can PM me if you need specific help.

Thx.
Here's the image set for the main menu, I have ready:

Last edited by rrg; 03-23-12 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-23-12, 10:45 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by miLanIS250
I'm on the fence for FlyAudio's OEM look and feel navigation unit. Main reason - the GUI looks far too primitive (I'm sure this was noted already in this thread).

FlyAudio needs to put some serious effort into rebuilding the GUI of their navigation unit(s). Here are some quick mock ups I built in Photoshop - took me less than 10 minutes. Looks a hell of a lot slicker than their current interface and actually resembles something worthy of belonging in a Lexus, as opposed to a circa 2000 look and feel product.
Your design looks alright but to me it needs more color. Too much grey tones. We've got a nice vibrant screen, let's show it off! Also your font looks good now but it's one of those "stylish" fonts that's gonna look dated in a couple years, imo...

Perhaps take some inspiration from the 2013 GS screen?

Old 03-24-12, 04:30 AM
rrg
Driver School Candidate

In the future I see this theme\GUI change to become selectable on the flyaudio Nav button start-up.

All the flyaudio GUI .pngs are located in a single file that is called flyaudioUI.fui under the \windows directory. My unit is running wince 6.0.

With the NAVI physical start button you could bring up a collection of files as icons.
MioPocket from the microSD allows you to add .exe files like a script or batch file.

Select the one you want and copy it to the directory and reboot. That's it.

Holiday themes and car specific themes, 2013 GS inspired screen, no problem.

It will take a lot of work for the graphics to look and be consistent across all screens.

Font's for the clock for example, will be more tricky but graphical fonts on images can be done easy.

thx.

Last edited by rrg; 03-24-12 at 04:56 AM.

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350