Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-12, 09:51 AM
miLanIS250
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately re-mapping the button selection areas for the home screen and secondary screens is a difficult task. It would require quite a bit of code re-writing. I could make the buttons resemble the look and feel of those in the Infiniti navigation system, however given the space between the buttons in the FlyAudio unit, the fluidity of the front end would look disjoint. When I start working on the button designs I'll try to put some colour in - likely with the backlit green on the IS dash in mind - consistency is king. The theme or skin mock up I posted earlier in this thread is almost a carbon copy of the Android 1.6 OS. In my opinion, although it lacks colour, it's consistent and matches the buttons on the dash quite well. Needless to say it's a definite improvement when compared to the out of box FlyAudio theme.
Old 03-26-12, 08:45 PM
IS250AUS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joeykool
NimaM and 2jzism thank you so much for your help!

So I got up a little early this morning and messed with the settings. I was able to change the temp from C to F and I also changed the radio settings to USA. Now my radio stations are all there (not off by .2 or so) and I can get stations past 97.5. As for the temp after the Bios update my temps range from 65-85 degress F.
Thanks again for everyone's help!
Thats interesting, my stations are also off by exactly 0.2. What did you do to fix it??
Old 03-27-12, 07:27 PM
joeykool
Driver School Candidate

Is250AUS just go into your settings and make sure the radio is set to where ever you are. Mine was set to another country and I changed it to US and now my radio stations are working.
Old 03-27-12, 07:30 PM
joeykool
Driver School Candidate

I ran into problem with my Flyaduio today. Everything has been working great but today when using my navigation I am getting a ton of feedback and static as the gps voice is speaking. I am using the stock Oddessy nav. Has anyone experience this?
Old 03-27-12, 08:59 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by joeykool
I ran into problem with my Flyaduio today. Everything has been working great but today when using my navigation I am getting a ton of feedback and static as the gps voice is speaking. I am using the stock Oddessy nav. Has anyone experience this?
I never had any issues with Odyssey navigation. As a matter of fact, Flyaudio HU works flawlessly with Odyssey. The problem with Odyssey is its archaic UI which doesn't belong to Lexus.
Old 03-28-12, 04:50 AM
joeykool
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the input NimaM! What I did this morning was play around with the nav settings. It was in TTS English and I changed it to just English. That seemed to worked because as soon as I went back to TTS English it was distored with alot of static. Just incase anyone else runs into this problem.
Old 03-28-12, 09:18 AM
str8hust1a
Pole Position

is there a newer one coming out soon?
Old 03-28-12, 10:03 AM
keeseckb
Driver School Candidate

My girlfriend bought a used 2008 IS250 and we didn't even realize that it had the fly audio unit installed until she took it to the Lexus dealership to have it worked on and they told her that they couldn't fix the issues with the stereo because it wasn't OEM. I had one of their technicians show me how to pull the unit out so I could work on it myself but am at a loss as to what needs to be fixed.

The issues: sound only comes out of the right side speakers and the temp units are like in the 90's and 100's.

I've read through parts of this gigantic thread and I see that other have the temp problem and it looks like a firmware update should fix that... but I don't know where to start on the other issues.

Thanks in advance...

Last edited by keeseckb; 03-28-12 at 10:36 AM.
Old 03-30-12, 10:08 AM
otrovago
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by keeseckb
My girlfriend bought a used 2008 IS250 and we didn't even realize that it had the fly audio unit installed until she took it to the Lexus dealership to have it worked on and they told her that they couldn't fix the issues with the stereo because it wasn't OEM. I had one of their technicians show me how to pull the unit out so I could work on it myself but am at a loss as to what needs to be fixed.

The issues: sound only comes out of the right side speakers and the temp units are like in the 90's and 100's.

I've read through parts of this gigantic thread and I see that other have the temp problem and it looks like a firmware update should fix that... but I don't know where to start on the other issues.

Thanks in advance...
I would start with a Bios Update.
Old 03-30-12, 10:28 AM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by keeseckb

Thanks in advance...
You need to figure out if it is a first or second generation FlyAudio unit. Judging by the temperature ranges, it is probably the second Gen. Then, you need the latest firmware and it can be obtained directly from FlyAudio, but you need to bug them a lot.
Old 03-30-12, 12:04 PM
phat167
Rookie

i have a first gen fly audio for a year and now when i try to load my igo nav with some mp3s it gives me a blank screen..i deleted the mp3s and it still wont work..
When i use another card it doesnt read any files in it.. any help!
Old 03-30-12, 01:10 PM
rrg
Driver School Candidate

Little Update: GUI customization Flyaudio model 7572.

After additional testing I discovered that removing the SDmem that contains MioPocket along with the UI file reverts my interface to the ugly blue default version. Everything works as original.

So I believe the new GUI file I created is stored and linked in a resident flash directory by the MioPocket on the nav and not overwritten to the units \windows directory. This is good news.

Last edited by rrg; 03-31-12 at 12:56 PM.
Old 03-31-12, 03:05 PM
rrg
Driver School Candidate

Sorry for the second post but I just got an update from miLanIS250 for the new Flyaudio GUI.
The GUI changes are about 25-30% done so disregard the old images for now.

This is a proof of concept and it truly takes a lot of time to learn and experiment where and what each images does. There are images in the pack that aren't used in this release but I have seen items and pngs on other units.

He originally added some nice mock-ups of a Navigation GUI in Photoshop located here on post #1980 of this thread.

He is true to his word .
I just received his changes to the FlyaudioUI and I installed the images.

All credit goes to him. I hope to see more customization interest build because of his great generosity to help me get started with these changes.

Take a look at the pic and the video. The theme is called "Understated Elegance". It doesn't cry attention and is not loud or obvious IMO.
(Edit: I added a new Mod to the Radio I replaced the TV unused icon. I need to learn how to wire this button to work. (HA))

Here's the video and the camera is not 100% focused so it does look better in real life:

Last edited by rrg; 04-01-12 at 05:24 PM.
Old 04-01-12, 11:54 AM
ibedizzy
Driver School Candidate

can you play music through bluetooth on the 2nd gen unit?
Old 04-01-12, 01:51 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ibedizzy
can you play music through bluetooth on the 2nd gen unit?
Nope!
It's doesn't have the hardware to stream audio via bluetooth.

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350