Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-12, 03:35 PM
joeykool
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is for anyone whose iPod tracks aren't changing with the steering wheel controls. I was able to change everything else such as the volume and radio stations with the steering wheel just not the iPod tracks I used the help of this thread about this exact problem and pulled out the flyaudio today. I was able to fix it so now my iPod can change tracks via the steering wheel controls. I took some pics to help out (the pics are from the passenger side looking down at the unit). The way mine was installed was incorrectly with 3 plugs going into the cd changer. The plug closest to the passenger seat needs to actually connect to the flyaudio harness not the CD changer. I have attached 3 pictures. One shows the harness plugged in the CD changer incorrectly, the second shows the empty flyaudio harness space where the connector from the CD changer needs to go, and the third picture shows the connector correctly installed into the flyaudio harness. Hope this helps anyone else with this problem. Sorry about the large pics, not sure how to make them smaller from my iPad.
Attached Thumbnails FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350-fly1.jpg   FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350-fly2.jpg   FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350-fly3.jpg  
Old 04-01-12, 05:46 PM
CarbonDtls
Lead Lap

JoeyKool good job, I will have to do that for mine.

Does anyone notice lets say your on the main menu screen and you use the temp up and down buttons and put the temp to lets say 72 degrees and then go to the actual climate screen the temp is actually 73 degrees?
Its like always 1 degree higher and I have the updated BIOS.
Old 04-02-12, 01:06 AM
ISBU
Lexus Test Driver

^^^ Mine is the same like yours after the update.
Old 04-02-12, 02:37 PM
ibedizzy
Driver School Candidate

is ther any way to connect the blackberry remote stereo gateway to this?
Old 04-03-12, 07:54 PM
phat167
Rookie

I got first gen fly audio.. iam getting blank screen every time i put in a sd card. and load gps or mp3. or its not reading my sd card..
I formatted the card fat32 but still get the same problem

any helpz!
Old 04-13-12, 09:20 AM
kubakj
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Is it compatible with IS 250 AWD 2012 ?
Old 04-19-12, 08:27 AM
ibedizzy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by djbuddha
Isn't there an aux in port in the same area where you put the SD card in? Could have sworn I saw that on an older post...? I could be wrong though
I don't see an aux in port next to my SD card slot. Was this only in the first gen model?
Old 04-19-12, 09:46 AM
otrovago
Driver School Candidate

I just went to FlyAudio.net and there is talk of an Android version of there navigation systems coming soon. I wonder what that would be like?
Old 04-19-12, 11:04 AM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ibedizzy
I don't see an aux in port next to my SD card slot. Was this only in the first gen model?
Yes.

Originally Posted by otrovago
I just went to FlyAudio.net and there is talk of an Android version of there navigation systems coming soon. I wonder what that would be like?
Probably filled with bugs and problems until you get a software update that fixes them but adds other bugs and problems and then when you're clammering for another update they go and release a newer model with other bugs and problems and needing the users to find a fix themselves all the while telling those who bought the first one to go eff yourself. Yeah.
Old 04-19-12, 01:36 PM
otrovago
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by IceIridium
Yes.

Probably filled with bugs and problems until you get a software update that fixes them but adds other bugs and problems and then when you're clammering for another update they go and release a newer model with other bugs and problems and needing the users to find a fix themselves all the while telling those who bought the first one to go eff yourself. Yeah.
Maybe I'm late to the whole FlyAudio thing, but I'm very happy with my 2nd gen. How knows maybe by now they have learned, that if they are coming out with something new it should work from the start.

I'm just wondering how an Android OS would work on a head unit??
Old 04-20-12, 09:59 AM
ibedizzy
Driver School Candidate

When I plug in my iPod via the aux input using an RCA to 3.5mm cable, or when I plug in a Bluetooth gateway to the aux input, the sound quality is really really bad. Any workarounds to fix this?
Old 04-20-12, 01:39 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ibedizzy
When I plug in my iPod via the aux input using an RCA to 3.5mm cable, or when I plug in a Bluetooth gateway to the aux input, the sound quality is really really bad. Any workarounds to fix this?

be happy that your AUX port sorta works. As far as I know the AUX port doesn't work for most of us!
Old 04-21-12, 10:02 PM
LATINA2001
Driver School Candidate

Guys,
I just got Fly Audio "P0S" system installed and I feel, I've been violated ! I was happy with it until I drove 15miles from the installer and statrted noticing problems'

1, Someone called and I could hear them thru BT but they couldnt hear me.
2. Driving thru the hills my FM reception was basically non existence . At this point I was begining to boil .
3. Got home the system buttons werent working or refused to take commands i.e. wouldnt switch from climate control to Nav!
4.I took my kids out to show off system during dinner run, as I was driving listening to IPOD ( Thank Heavens that works from the steering wheel ) the system for no apparent reason reboots and swithes to fm unbearable reception!

I came home and started reading the trends here and got a fewer answers but Im totally mad about dropping almost 2,000 dollars for this sh....t.

Now Question....
Apart from the fan being on top in 2nd gen units are there any otherways to tell if I got a 2nd gen of 1st ? Since i didnt install myself I have no way of knowing. The manual is very generic in my opinion .
Why cant FA just post updated wares without going thru the 3rd part vendors . Support should be accesible to all. I DONT HAVE TO EMAIL THEM FOR IT .
I have a IS 2006 - Thanks !
Old 04-21-12, 10:06 PM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LATINA2001
Guys,
I just got Fly Audio "P0S" system installed and I feel, I've been violated ! I was happy with it until I drove 15miles from the installer and statrted noticing problems'

1, Someone called and I could hear them thru BT but they couldnt hear me.
2. Driving thru the hills my FM reception was basically non existence . At this point I was begining to boil .
3. Got home the system buttons werent working or refused to take commands i.e. wouldnt switch from climate control to Nav!
4.I took my kids out to show off system during dinner run, as I was driving listening to IPOD ( Thank Heavens that works from the steering wheel ) the system for no apparent reason reboots and swithes to fm unbearable reception!

I came home and started reading the trends here and got a fewer answers but Im totally mad about dropping almost 2,000 dollars for this sh....t.

Now Question....
Apart from the fan being on top in 2nd gen units are there any otherways to tell if I got a 2nd gen of 1st ? Since i didnt install myself I have no way of knowing. The manual is very generic in my opinion .
Why cant FA just post updated wares without going thru the 3rd part vendors . Support should be accesible to all. I DONT HAVE TO EMAIL THEM FOR IT .
I have a IS 2006 - Thanks !

yep this is exactly how i feel. I have yet to write a review on it but when i do it will be about 90% negative feedback. i feel most people who praise this system are salesman for fly audio, I cannot believe anyone can be remotely satisfied with this system after dropping 1.5k in this.
Old 04-21-12, 10:27 PM
LATINA2001
Driver School Candidate

Hi Panda,
I read all your comments and felt sorry after they convinced you to order a unit and u got a 1st generation . I hope you are at least fixing some of the issues already?

Question - Does this system have a compatible XM/sirius radio system ?

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350