Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-12, 02:41 AM
pollvx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IceIridium
Not that I don't believe you but I just want to make sure it shows the right amount of info I'm looking for. Thanks again!
I present the proof:
Attached Thumbnails FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350-wp_000251.jpg  
Old 05-15-12, 02:18 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

That's exactly what I need, thanks again, Pollvx!

Now time for an upgrade....
Old 05-16-12, 12:51 AM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Installed iGo Primo 2 today... I must say it's a pretty slick program and looks and feels more modern compared to (what I thought was a very nice) iGo8 software.

Nice to have the arrows in POI search result list again.

Still learning the program, but a couple of things that bugged me about it though... Is there a quick way to get to the POI name search screen from the map screen? As far as I can tell I have to press like 5 different buttons before getting to it.

Also, and this may be due to non-ideal hardware, but there's quite a bit of lag when entering addresses, especially the street name. I know it's loading up all the street names to do that nice autofill feature as you're entering, but the lag is bothersome.

One final thing, is there a way to get the clock back into the map screen? Since we flyaudioers don't have the OEM clock anymore, it was nice to have the clock displayed on iGo8. On Primo2, it only shows the clock in menu screens.
Old 05-16-12, 07:39 AM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed iGo Primo 2 today... I must say it's a pretty slick program and looks and feels more modern compared to (what I thought was a very nice) iGo8 software.

Nice to have the arrows in POI search result list again.

Still learning the program, but a couple of things that bugged me about it though... Is there a quick way to get to the POI name search screen from the map screen? As far as I can tell I have to press like 5 different buttons before getting to it.

Also, and this may be due to non-ideal hardware, but there's quite a bit of lag when entering addresses, especially the street name. I know it's loading up all the street names to do that nice autofill feature as you're entering, but the lag is bothersome.

One final thing, is there a way to get the clock back into the map screen? Since we flyaudioers don't have the OEM clock anymore, it was nice to have the clock displayed on iGo8. On Primo2, it only shows the clock in menu screens.
To get the clock on the screen while the map is showing, click on the lower right corner of the screen where the distance/speed info box is located, and it will exapnd and will have the clock there.
Old 05-16-12, 10:41 AM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by NimaM
To get the clock on the screen while the map is showing, click on the lower right corner of the screen where the distance/speed info box is located, and it will exapnd and will have the clock there.
lol I just discovered that on the way to work today Thanks though. But it still doesn't show the clock when it's navigating. When navigating it has the option to show km to destination, time to destination, and estimated time when reached destination. But not current time.

Also, with iGo8, someone a long time ago figured out how to make it default to the map screen when the program starts. Anyone know how to do it on Primo 2?
Old 05-16-12, 07:46 PM
mrraider
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pollvx
Do you have a 1st generation or 2nd generation? My understanding is that Primo 1.2 / 2 only work well with 128MB RAM solutions. The 1st generation is 64MB. Primo 2 has the arrows and distances just like the Garmin.
What do you recommend for first Gen? I'm still using igo8.
Old 05-17-12, 12:17 PM
pollvx
Driver School Candidate

Thanks though. But it still doesn't show the clock when it's navigating.

Also, with iGo8, someone a long time ago figured out how to make it default to the map screen when the program starts. Anyone know how to do it on Primo 2?
Under the "Settings" menu go to Visual Guidance. Then select "Data Fields". At the top you can select with route guidance or without and select the fields you want.

Tip: If you want just the clock in view, click on the clock and the other fields will leave.

As for the straight-to-map feature, I think it's under the additional settings menu on the start screen. My skin is the default and the menu selection looks like a pink beaker at the bottom. Under there is a setting that says something like, "Skip start screen".

Last edited by pollvx; 05-17-12 at 12:21 PM.
Old 05-17-12, 12:21 PM
pollvx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mrraider
What do you recommend for first Gen? I'm still using igo8.
You could use it for the first generation, but I would recommend turning off the 3D features and limiting the map area. The more maps, the longer it takes to load.

Primo 1.2 is more resource friendly and has most of the features of Primo 2.

You can also try adding the following to your sys.txt.

Code:
[debug]
max_memory=35000000
reserve_memory=1700000
cache=600000
It limits the memory usage of the iGo software and is the same code for both versions of Primo.

Last edited by pollvx; 05-17-12 at 12:25 PM.
Old 05-23-12, 06:28 AM
fobi87
Driver School Candidate

Hi guys! I have the problem that was discussed briefly on page 107 already! the plug connections and cables in the center console are ok! I also built the original part back and did not hear a difference! my subwoofer vibrates like crazy, but produces no pressure! The subwoofer has no damage! (resistive, optically ok) even if I press the membrane in, there is no scratch -> OK! anyone have a solution or proposal? defective amp? Please give me tips! THANK YOU
Old 05-23-12, 04:36 PM
phat167
Rookie

would anyone know where i can fix my first gen flyaudio sd card reader or how. It won't read any card i put in it. My warranty is out if that helps.
Old 05-23-12, 08:11 PM
knbnguyen
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

I have tried everything yet the card reader still fail, honestly now I think it is best just use all other function rather than the gps. Get a garmin or something to replace it... Cheaper option IMO
Old 05-23-12, 09:28 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

Anyone know how to fix the airbag light issue? i havea 2nd gen in my 08 is250 could figure out how to get the airbag light to go away, so i covered over it. P.s i lexus had a factory nav unit previously. I need a detailed instruction with pics if possible. Its not a big deal to me to leave it the way it is but my ocd is killi g me!
Old 06-03-12, 02:15 PM
ibedizzy
Driver School Candidate

I just upgraded the firmware on my unit to 2.0.0.1 to fix the incorrect temperature on climate control [it was showing temperatures at about 30 degrees higher than what it was supposed to be] but now the temperature is in Celsius. WTF? Is there a setting somewhere to change it to Fahrenheit
Old 06-03-12, 04:05 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ibedizzy
I just upgraded the firmware on my unit to 2.0.0.1 to fix the incorrect temperature on climate control [it was showing temperatures at about 30 degrees higher than what it was supposed to be] but now the temperature is in Celsius. WTF? Is there a setting somewhere to change it to Fahrenheit
Yes it's in the settings screen. Should be easy to find.
Old 06-04-12, 01:41 AM
pollvx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ibedizzy
It's under "Info", then "TPMS", change the temp there.

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350