Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-12, 06:27 AM
linus73
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i almost forgot! when the vaistech android module is released, i might just have to reinstall the factory radio and install the module. so i might be selling my flyaudio 2nd gen unit thats already fully updated.
Old 07-15-12, 07:08 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by linus73
i almost forgot! when the vaistech android module is released, i might just have to reinstall the factory radio and install the module. so i might be selling my flyaudio 2nd gen unit thats already fully updated.
Sell me yours?
Old 07-15-12, 09:56 AM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2jzism
It looks like the sale is over because the price on it now is $1999.99. I remember that carlighttrends.com had a group buy when he got the 2nd gen and the price was something crazy like $1350 with free shipping, and free iGo Primo software. I just plugged in coupon code "SUPERFLY" and its still active! I got mine, but if your looking for a 2nd gen that we know its legit and a real 2nd gen and from someone that has been a vendor here and FlyAudio Florida Sales Rep I'd go over the carlighttrends.com and check them out. David has always been a great vendor here on CL
Dang... I didn't know about that promo code. That's even cheaper than what I paid...
Old 07-15-12, 11:55 AM
2jzism
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah for a real second gen, it's a crazy price. I paid more for mine, hell who ever is in the market for one better jump on the price before they get rid of the coupon!
Old 07-16-12, 11:08 AM
bruch
Driver School Candidate

Hi Guys,
I'm new to the forum and bought my Lexus IS250 2008 two weeks ago.
I'm looking to replace the stock stereo (not the one with nav) with athe FlyAudio stereo.
I saw a lot of recommendations about http://www.carlighttrends.com and because I'm also in Florida that may help regarding shipping.
I have few concerns before I buy it and would be great if somebody could answer me on that:

1 - I read some people having problems with the Air-Bag Light, however, I haven't seen anybody having a final solution for that. Did FlyAudio provide any solution that worked for eveybody with the problem?

2 - My wheel controls only have options regarding audio (CD, FM, etc) and does not have the options to answer a phone call for example. Do you guys know if it is possible to answer calls with the steering wheel buttons that i have now?

3 - Do all controls for AC work in the FlyAudio unit?

4 - Is there any other manufacture that you guys would recommend to check in addition of FlyAudio?

Thank you guys, and based on the answers I will probably complete the buying process by the end of the weekend.
Old 07-16-12, 01:57 PM
otrovago
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bruch
Hi Guys,
I'm new to the forum and bought my Lexus IS250 2008 two weeks ago.
I'm looking to replace the stock stereo (not the one with nav) with athe FlyAudio stereo.
I saw a lot of recommendations about http://www.carlighttrends.com and because I'm also in Florida that may help regarding shipping.
I have few concerns before I buy it and would be great if somebody could answer me on that:

1 - I read some people having problems with the Air-Bag Light, however, I haven't seen anybody having a final solution for that. Did FlyAudio provide any solution that worked for eveybody with the problem?

2 - My wheel controls only have options regarding audio (CD, FM, etc) and does not have the options to answer a phone call for example. Do you guys know if it is possible to answer calls with the steering wheel buttons that i have now?

3 - Do all controls for AC work in the FlyAudio unit?

4 - Is there any other manufacture that you guys would recommend to check in addition of FlyAudio?

Thank you guys, and based on the answers I will probably complete the buying process by the end of the weekend.
bruch

I wouldn't even think about getting anything else besides a FlyAudio, only because there is nothing else on the market for us IS owners. All the issues have been taken care of with the newest updates.

1) No problems with Air-Bag Light
2) FM & AM works with the newest wire harness
3) AC controls work and are correct
4) ETC ETC
5)

I wouldn't trade my FA for anything!

Give David from carlighttrends.com a call he's local to us here in South FLA, and a good guy to deal with and great customer service!
Old 07-16-12, 04:36 PM
2jzism
Intermediate

+1 David over at carlighttrends.com is good guy, good CL vendor, and he's got great customer service and CL discounts on FlyAudio to boot.
Old 07-18-12, 05:55 AM
ldc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Wossup nav-peeps, i'm close to deciding on the FLY unit but am reading all this issues ay? I'm looking at $1895 supply and fitted by the reseller and that's a heck of a lot of money for a chines no brand unit. I suppose the oem look is always going to be costly.

So what to do? I really cannot justify these issues i read so far when it costs this much not to myself or anyone including the all important person that sits int he passenger seat most of the time.
Old 07-18-12, 07:16 AM
otrovago
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ldc
Wossup nav-peeps, i'm close to deciding on the FLY unit but am reading all this issues ay? I'm looking at $1895 supply and fitted by the reseller and that's a heck of a lot of money for a chines no brand unit. I suppose the oem look is always going to be costly.

So what to do? I really cannot justify these issues i read so far when it costs this much not to myself or anyone including the all important person that sits int he passenger seat most of the time.
David over at carlighttrends.com has them way less than that price, let him know that your a CL member so you can get the CL discount.

All the guys that have the newer 2nd gens with the new wire harness and newest software update are very happy with them. Mine works perfectly and I couldn't be happier.
Old 07-18-12, 09:43 AM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Just received my flyaudio

I SO EXCITED!!!
Old 07-18-12, 02:45 PM
bruch
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by otrovago
David over at carlighttrends.com has them way less than that price, let him know that your a CL member so you can get the CL discount.

All the guys that have the newer 2nd gens with the new wire harness and newest software update are very happy with them. Mine works perfectly and I couldn't be happier.
Otrovago, the new wire harness is something that comes with the Unit already or I would have to buy separately?
Btw, I'm also in FL (Boca Raton). Are you close by?
Old 07-18-12, 03:02 PM
ldc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by otrovago

Thanks, but i will need to get it installed by a pro over here and that will be $230 (with reverse cam). The other this is the warranty, seperated by an ocean is not good for things like warranty

How much can David sell it for? I have a 2006 model will the 2nd gen fit?
Old 07-18-12, 03:55 PM
2jzism
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ldc
Thanks, but i will need to get it installed by a pro over here and that will be $230 (with reverse cam). The other this is the warranty, seperated by an ocean is not good for things like warranty

How much can David sell it for? I have a 2006 model will the 2nd gen fit?
ldc

I have a 2007 and it fits perfectly, as for the price you'll have to contact David and see what is his current CL discount.

As for the install, its very straight forward and pretty easy to do all you need is a 10mm socket and a small flathead pocket screw driver. That's all I needed, if at best all you would need the shop to install the back up camera. As I always say Do It Your Self, or as much as you can and save the money for something else!

When you say "The other this is the warranty, seperated by an ocean is not good for things like warranty " where do you live? something like should worry you, as it has a full year warranty. I've had mine for sometime now and have had zero problems. Best money that I've spent on my IS hands down
Old 07-18-12, 03:58 PM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 2jzism
ldc

I have a 2007 and it fits perfectly, as for the price you'll have to contact David and see what is his current CL discount.

As for the install, its very straight forward and pretty easy to do all you need is a 10mm socket and a small flathead pocket screw driver. That's all I needed, if at best all you would need the shop to install the back up camera. As I always say Do It Your Self, or as much as you can and save the money for something else!

When you say "The other this is the warranty, seperated by an ocean is not good for things like warranty " where do you live? something like should worry you, as it has a full year warranty. I've had mine for sometime now and have had zero problems. Best money that I've spent on my IS hands down

How long of a job was it for you? I may do this myself
Old 07-18-12, 04:57 PM
2jzism
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MikeyK02
How long of a job was it for you? I may do this myself
MikeyK02

Taking my time and being careful around an hour, its truly plug and play very easy to do.

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350