Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-10, 06:01 PM
noliesss
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how do you guys tuck the wire looms so that the unit would fit correctly. I could not get the unit to go in correct because there are too much wiring behind the unit. i have to bolt it down with the screw to get it into place but the right side has a small gap and is hard to push in place. where did you guys move that black box too? i have to take it out of the bracket and place it on top of the unit.
Old 01-02-10, 09:31 PM
djsai
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah My maps ran out too..I need to call Flyaudio..
Old 01-03-10, 09:48 AM
mISteRED
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

noliesss,
I had the same problems as you with trying to fit everything back into the dash. What I ended up doing was to take the extra time to make sure the wires are as untangled as possible and try to get them up towards the top of the unit when you are putting it into the dash. There is some extra space on top of the unit that I was able to get the wires to fit in. Then I was able to put the TPMS box on top of the nest of wires and it fit pretty good in there. I also had more of a gap on the right side of the unit after it was installed but after I got the wires figured out that helped. Also there is a small plastic locating pin on the top right side of the unit when it is installed right next to the bolt that is used to hold it in place I was able to trim a bit off of one side of it to help everything move over a bit. I still have a very small gap but it is hardly noticable unless you are looking for it. Good luck its a bit of a pain and it takes some time but looks good when you get it right.
Old 01-03-10, 11:31 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mISteRED
noliesss,
I had the same problems as you with trying to fit everything back into the dash. What I ended up doing was to take the extra time to make sure the wires are as untangled as possible and try to get them up towards the top of the unit when you are putting it into the dash. There is some extra space on top of the unit that I was able to get the wires to fit in. Then I was able to put the TPMS box on top of the nest of wires and it fit pretty good in there. I also had more of a gap on the right side of the unit after it was installed but after I got the wires figured out that helped. Also there is a small plastic locating pin on the top right side of the unit when it is installed right next to the bolt that is used to hold it in place I was able to trim a bit off of one side of it to help everything move over a bit. I still have a very small gap but it is hardly noticable unless you are looking for it. Good luck its a bit of a pain and it takes some time but looks good when you get it right.
That's great advice Greg. When we install them on clients cars, it helps to have 2 people to hold the unit and move the wires around. There are actually a decent amount of nooks to tuck wires and the TPMS module into, you just have to get creative. I think the biggest thing is having more than 2 hands to move stuff and make sure the unit fits properly.

Also, in regard to the unit not sitting flush with the rest of the dash or if there is a bigger gap on one side or the other, it helped us to un-bolt the Fly Audio system from the factory mounting bracket. There is enough play with how it bolts to the brackets on each side, that it helped us line them up with the rest of the dash.

Hope that helps!

Mat
Old 01-03-10, 11:32 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by djsai
Yeah My maps ran out too..I need to call Flyaudio..
I have Emailed them about this issue as well. I am sure on Monday they will have an answer for everyone!
Old 01-03-10, 10:10 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry, off topic but somewhat related.

Does Fly audio plan to produce something that will enable 2IS owners to integrate aftermarket double din HU into their cars? Something like a car stereo kit?
Old 01-04-10, 08:18 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by istundra
Sorry, off topic but somewhat related.

Does Fly audio plan to produce something that will enable 2IS owners to integrate aftermarket double din HU into their cars? Something like a car stereo kit?
I haven't asked them about this, but they are pretty open to customer input. I know there are no current plans to introduce a solution like this.
Old 01-04-10, 11:54 AM
MCL1
Pole Position

very easy update! Quick question, with airbag light and ipod fixes on the way, what's next? Do we have any idea on when/how to get the TV tuner up and running?
Old 01-04-10, 12:58 PM
djsai
Lexus Test Driver

Just got a email from flyaudio, they said they sending me the HD maps today..yay..Just email edward from flyaudio if you need the HD maps..
Old 01-04-10, 01:26 PM
ccsp
Driver School Candidate

does anyone has the same issue which i have, the passenger's airbag and seatbelt warming light is very very dim on the Flyaudio unit, nearly non-see-able during the daytime.
Old 01-04-10, 01:37 PM
MCL1
Pole Position

Can you pm me edward's email?
Old 01-04-10, 02:03 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what resolution are the maps now?
Old 01-04-10, 03:06 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MCL1
very easy update! Quick question, with airbag light and ipod fixes on the way, what's next? Do we have any idea on when/how to get the TV tuner up and running?
This is a matter of a company providing this kind of service in the US. I am not aware of any service available short of an antenna on your car.

Originally Posted by MCL1
Can you pm me edward's email?
edwardw@flyaudio.us
Old 01-04-10, 03:10 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jetfire
what resolution are the maps now?
480x234

New ones are 800x480
Old 01-05-10, 08:52 AM
harry4657
Driver School Candidate

I am curious if the two buttom on the rear view camera actually does function?

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350