FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-12, 04:58 PM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 2jzism
MikeyK02

Taking my time and being careful around an hour, its truly plug and play very easy to do.
SWEET! please pm me any tips or tricks if you have some spare time, I may try to tackle this tomorrow
Old 07-18-12, 05:12 PM
ldc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 2jzism
ldc

where do you live? something like should worry you, as it has a full year warranty. I've had mine for sometime now and have had zero problems. Best money that I've spent on my IS hands down
Sydney. The last thing i want is to send it back for repairs.
Old 07-18-12, 05:19 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MikeyK02

SWEET! please pm me any tips or tricks if you have some spare time, I may try to tackle this tomorrow
This is the CL DIY page for the installation. Very easy to do, but needs lots of patience.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...6k-beware.html
Old 07-18-12, 07:40 PM
2jzism
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ldc
Sydney. The last thing i want is to send it back for repairs.
personally I don't think that you would have to, I don't remember reading from any other member here that they have had some time of major failure that they had to return their flyaudio back for a replacement. There was bugs, but since the new revised wire harness and the new software update I think that for the better part everyone is happy.
Old 07-18-12, 07:45 PM
2jzism
Intermediate

The best advice that I can give you is:

1) Take your time (its truly not difficult)
2) You will need some type of pic tool (long rod with a hook on the end) this is for pulling forward the center AC vents once you have the locks undone.
3) Be careful with the dash (again its made out of marshmallow cream dip) LOL Oh BTW do this in the shade (again because of the stay puff marshmallow cream dash board material)
Old 07-18-12, 07:55 PM
bruch
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a quick question about the FlyAudio.
As I said before, I'm looking to buy one by the end of the week, maybe beginning of next week.
I'm not that familiar with car stereo so my question is related to the wire harness.
The "new" wire harness that they talk (which fix the issues reported before) comes with the unit already or I would have to buy it separately?

Thank you.
Old 07-18-12, 08:37 PM
2jzism
Intermediate

It fixed the FM&AM reception, It comes with the new harness. There is nothing else needed.
Old 07-20-12, 03:09 AM
ldc
Lexus Test Driver

Can someone confirm the following for me:

1) When the uniti is OFF, can it be turned ON by pressing the steering wheel button?
2) Play videos off USB, can you control the videos say move between videos at anytime?
3) Does the video off USB automatically continue to play the next video when one is finished?
Old 07-20-12, 03:59 AM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Installing this thing has me ready to punch babies!

What/where exactly am I finding the damn harness to plug this box full of cables into??!

Everyone says it's plug and play....PLUG INTO WHAT?

*WHOOOOOOOOOSAHHHHHHHHHHH*
Old 07-20-12, 09:55 AM
otrovago
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Installing this thing has me ready to punch babies!

What/where exactly am I finding the damn harness to plug this box full of cables into??!

Everyone says it's plug and play....PLUG INTO WHAT?

*WHOOOOOOOOOSAHHHHHHHHHHH*
MikeyK02

You just have to match up the plugs.
Old 07-20-12, 04:57 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ldc
Can someone confirm the following for me:

1) When the uniti is OFF, can it be turned ON by pressing the steering wheel button?
2) Play videos off USB, can you control the videos say move between videos at anytime?
3) Does the video off USB automatically continue to play the next video when one is finished?
1). You mean when the car is off? Then no.
2). Yes, anytime the unit is on. Gen 1 units do not remember your playback mark when you turn off and on. The Gen 2's do.
3). Yes, but it seems to always play in the order the file was added. No matter how I name the files I couldn't get it to play in any other order.
Old 07-20-12, 05:13 PM
2jzism
Intermediate

Originally Posted by IceIridium
1). You mean when the car is off? Then no.
2). Yes, anytime the unit is on. Gen 1 units do not remember your playback mark when you turn off and on. The Gen 2's do.
3). Yes, but it seems to always play in the order the file was added. No matter how I name the files I couldn't get it to play in any other order.
+1
Old 07-20-12, 05:42 PM
ldc
Lexus Test Driver

Yep when the car is on (other chinese units for other makes you have turn the unit on with the on/off button).
Is there a particular way you have to put the videos onto the USB for this to work (points 2,3)

Also can the ipod connectivity work with video ipod classic (5th gen 60, 80 gb ones)? I have the 5th gen witht he little LCD to what video music on, the flyaudio obvously when connected to this ipod will be able to view the videos and the steering wheel button go through these videos on the fly?
Old 07-20-12, 07:35 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ldc
Yep when the car is on (other chinese units for other makes you have turn the unit on with the on/off button).
Is there a particular way you have to put the videos onto the USB for this to work (points 2,3)

Also can the ipod connectivity work with video ipod classic (5th gen 60, 80 gb ones)? I have the 5th gen witht he little LCD to what video music on, the flyaudio obvously when connected to this ipod will be able to view the videos and the steering wheel button go through these videos on the fly?
It turns on when the car is on. It turns off when the car is off. You can mute it by pressing the "PWR-VOL" button dial on the OEM disc changer, but the system is still running as long as the car is on.

As far as I know, it can only play XVID encoded AVI files. I haven't had any other type to work on FA. H264 AVI doesn't work. Anybody else had a different file type that can play?

Just make sure to press the "Image" button after selecting your video to actually see the video.

Ipod connector is only for music AFAIK. FA does not play videos on Ipod with the Ipod connector.
Old 07-21-12, 01:16 AM
ldc
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the answers IceIridium. I find it irritable how there is a screen for viewing videos/movies and a connector for ipod yet you cannot view video though the ipod. Listening to music is one thing, listening and viewing music videos is another.

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350