Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-12, 04:21 AM
2jzism
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The few times that I have seen a movie on my flyaudio has been by using the DVD. Funny thing is that I don't have any movies on my iphone, or own a thumb drive. I've always have used online file sharing to move large documents around.
Old 07-25-12, 08:15 AM
bluejedi14
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello guys i'm from Granada Hills California and interested in buying FlyAudio head unit. But before I do does anyone know a pro installer around the area in case my DIY doesn't work out?
Old 07-27-12, 08:09 AM
PAIS250G
Driver School Candidate

Default Point of Contact for parts ordering

I need to order a GPS antenna and a BT mic for my unit does anyone have a good phone number or website i can order from?
Old 07-27-12, 08:29 AM
maniacbob
Driver

I'd love to do it myself...

BUT, does anyone have an idea of how much it'll cost to have someone install the navigation and camera for you?
Old 07-27-12, 09:23 AM
2jzism
Intermediate

Originally Posted by maniacbob
I'd love to do it myself...

BUT, does anyone have an idea of how much it'll cost to have someone install the navigation and camera for you?
Before I did it myself I went to two local shops and I was quoted $175 & $250. That's when I said I have always done my own work on all my cars so why would my IS be any different. Man it's very easy just take care around the dash and you'll be fine. Plus you'll be saving a couple of hundred bucks and the pride knowing that you did it your self
Old 07-27-12, 09:26 AM
maniacbob
Driver

Hmm.. Maybe I can try...
Old 07-29-12, 05:27 AM
bruch
Driver School Candidate

i found another page that has the FlyAudio unit 2nd Generation for IS250 2006 to 2008 going for $1,399.00
Here is the link:
http://stores.caraudioproshop.com/-s...xus/Detail.bok
Did anybody order from this store before?
Are they reliable?
Old 07-30-12, 08:22 AM
saturnluke
Driver School Candidate

Hi, I've installed my new Flyaudio unit on my car. I've an '07 IS 220.
I've read the guide and now all the cables with connector are connected properly.
But, my unit is the 2nd generation and the part number is FA039navi-1, the official guides on Flyaudio site and on this forum are related to old version, so the connections are a bit different...and I can't find any updated guide.

Could you help me? I attach some photos:

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350-01.jpg
These cables are signed with labels but in all guides aren't mentioned
REVERSE + (stands for BACK label, because I can't find a cable with that label ??)
CAR SPEED
BRAKE PEDAL
GND
BATT
etc....

They have to be connected, if Yes...where? I read that exists a DVB-T tuner..... Are for that?

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350-02.jpg

All these cables are for external peripherals, such as external video or audio outputs, If needed I can connect or not. Right?

Thanks in advance, I hope in your help/answers.

Luke
Old 07-30-12, 11:14 AM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

REVERSE + (stands for BACK label, because I can't find a cable with that label ??)
CAR SPEED
BRAKE PEDAL
GND
BATT
etc....

When I installed mine, I didn't connect any of these cables! However, I found a document on FlyAudio's website that stated the "back" wire needs t be connected to the positive wire of the reverse light to send the signal to the unit when the car is in reverse. I didn't connected the back wire and the video signal alone is eough to switch the unit to rear camera.
Old 07-30-12, 04:17 PM
saturnluke
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NimaM
CAR SPEED
BRAKE PEDAL
GND
BATT
etc....

When I installed mine, I didn't connect any of these cables! However, I found a document on FlyAudio's website that stated the "back" wire needs t be connected to the positive wire of the reverse light to send the signal to the unit when the car is in reverse. I didn't connected the back wire and the video signal alone is eough to switch the unit to rear camera.
Hi NimaN thanks for your reply, the wire with "back" label does not exists, but exists only a REVERSE+ cable that I think is for positive signal from reverse lights as you said.
I believe that your car is with AT but mine is Manual trasmission and only with the video signal the camera seems doesn't work ...probably because the AT is interfaced with the ECU and when you put your gear in reverse the ECU process the command and in some way flyaudio unit receives the signal, otherwise how could the radio knowing that you're in reverse?......

Now I have set "reverse camera" to ON in Flyaudio settings, and connected the cam wire to his respective connector, May I've forgotten something...??
Old 07-30-12, 05:45 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by saturnluke
Hi NimaN thanks for your reply, the wire with "back" label does not exists, but exists only a REVERSE+ cable that I think is for positive signal from reverse lights as you said.
I believe that your car is with AT but mine is Manual trasmission and only with the video signal the camera seems doesn't work ...probably because the AT is interfaced with the ECU and when you put your gear in reverse the ECU process the command and in some way flyaudio unit receives the signal, otherwise how could the radio knowing that you're in reverse?......

Now I have set "reverse camera" to ON in Flyaudio settings, and connected the cam wire to his respective connector, May I've forgotten something...??
My IS is automatic, but I don't think the ECU plays a roll in my setup. I only connected the video cable (the one with yellow RCA plug) to the camera input of the FlyAudio in the back. As for the camera itself, I connected the positive and negative wires of the camera to the equivalent wires of the one of the reverse lights. I did not connect the reverse/back wire at all. As a result, my camera powers on only when the car is in reverse, then it sends the video signals to the FA unit and FA switches to the reverse camera without having the back/reverse wire connected. (i need to mention that I showed my setup to FlyAudio techs and they were surprised too, so my theory is that the FA only needs video signal based on my experience, but I could be wrong too)

How is your camera powered up? is it on constantly?
Old 07-31-12, 03:26 AM
2jzism
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bruch
i found another page that has the FlyAudio unit 2nd Generation for IS250 2006 to 2008 going for $1,399.00
Here is the link:
http://stores.caraudioproshop.com/-s...xus/Detail.bok
Did anybody order from this store before?
Are they reliable?
bruch

Go to the vendor area David from carlighttrends.com is back as a vendor and has the second gen for 1299 plus free shipping and free navigation software and he's in Florida also. You can find the posting here
Old 07-31-12, 05:25 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

My IS is automatic, but I don't think the ECU plays a roll in my setup. I only connected the video cable (the one with yellow RCA plug) to the camera input of the FlyAudio in the back. As for the camera itself, I connected the positive and negative wires of the camera to the equivalent wires of the one of the reverse lights. I did not connect the reverse/back wire at all. As a result, my camera powers on only when the car is in reverse, then it sends the video signals to the FA unit and FA switches to the reverse camera without having the back/reverse wire connected. (i need to mention that I showed my setup to FlyAudio techs and they were surprised too, so my theory is that the FA only needs video signal based on my experience, but I could be wrong too)

My car is 6 speed and I had to connect the reverse + cable to the reverse lights. I had forgotten to do that the first time around and my rear camera did not work until I did that.
Old 07-31-12, 07:03 AM
CLT
Former Sponsor

If I could interject here, I include a rectifier that works with our units and our or any other backup camera (RCA type) to customers who purchase the backup camera option. Here is a installation sheet that is provided. Maybe this can help you out.

Name:  FlyAudioBackupCameraInstructions.jpg
Views: 4911
Size:  66.5 KB
Old 07-31-12, 07:40 AM
saturnluke
Driver School Candidate

For now is powered with an external power supply for testing... I'll try to connect to tail lights wires and test it again, then if it will not work, I'll try to bring + signal from tail lights to flyaudio unit....
A question, I'm doing these tests without pulling cables (GPS and REAR CAMERA) on the back of the car.....to get cables on the back is It necessary to remove the back seats...or exists another way...

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350