Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-12, 02:41 AM
saturnluke
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For reverse camera I'm waiting to have enough time to spend in disassembling my car and bring cables on the back.

Reading old posts I saw that in post 1941 NimaM you wrote that your rear cam is not the same provided from FlyAudio, could be this the reason that makes your cam works without back signal to flyaudio unit? Your cam has the "black box" (I mean the one named "Rectifier" on guide posted below) like flyaudio?

I've read in some post (n. 1967) that flyaudio provides harness with a problem on AM radio signal, I've also read that someone received the new harness, how can I check if mine is updated? My unit it has been bought on July. This problem hits only AM RADIO signal or even the FM Radio signal? Because I use only FM radio in my car

I'm able to change RADIO, DVD and VOLUME from my steering wheel commands, all but in ipod mode seem that can't change Tracks, to tell the truth the song stops playing and I have to push back from flyaudio and return in Ipod section to play other songs. I've also noticed that if I push button "Mode" under volume and track controls on my steering wheel, flyaudio unit switches screen correctly from am/fm tuner to dvd and when goes to ipod function I see section appear on screen for one second and then changing to AM/FM..... I read on post 1996 how has to be connected flyaudio unit to get properly control of unit, but mine is set as showed on post. I will try to verify connections and test it again.

A last question....If I power off my radio I can hear gps voice no more...is it normal?

Last edited by saturnluke; 08-01-12 at 02:51 AM. Reason: Add question...
Old 08-01-12, 08:10 AM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, first I bought the camera from FlyAudio and it had an excellent image quality. The only problem was the way it looked. It looks very cheap and bulky that doesn't match the car (especially a Lexus ). So, that's the only reason I replaced it with an OEM looking camera. As for the black box they call "rectifier", that black box is nothing more than couple of diodes to make sure the switching transient is reduced and if there is short circuit in the camera's connection, it doesn't go back to the car. FlyAudio calls that black box "rectifier" due to their lack of English skills. A rectifier converts AC to DC, but this device is already sourced by DC.

Originally Posted by saturnluke
For reverse camera I'm waiting to have enough time to spend in disassembling my car and bring cables on the back.

Reading old posts I saw that in post 1941 NimaM you wrote that your re.ar cam is not the same provided from FlyAudio, could be this the reason that makes your cam works without back signal to flyaudio unit? Your cam has the "black box" (I mean the one named "Rectifier" on guide posted below) like flyaudio?

I've read in some post (n. 1967) that flyaudio provides harness with a problem on AM radio signal, I've also read that someone received the new harness, how can I check if mine is updated? My unit it has been bought on July. This problem hits only AM RADIO signal or even the FM Radio signal? Because I use only FM radio in my car

I'm able to change RADIO, DVD and VOLUME from my steering wheel commands, all but in ipod mode seem that can't change Tracks, to tell the truth the song stops playing and I have to push back from flyaudio and return in Ipod section to play other songs. I've also noticed that if I push button "Mode" under volume and track controls on my steering wheel, flyaudio unit switches screen correctly from am/fm tuner to dvd and when goes to ipod function I see section appear on screen for one second and then changing to AM/FM..... I read on post 1996 how has to be connected flyaudio unit to get properly control of unit, but mine is set as showed on post. I will try to verify connections and test it again.

A last question....If I power off my radio I can hear gps voice no more...is it normal?
Old 08-01-12, 08:34 AM
Patrickx11
Driver School Candidate

How much did you buy your camera for? I looked up "IS250 camera" on ebay and they were all about $200 or more. A bit steep for a camera.

Last edited by Patrickx11; 08-01-12 at 09:16 AM.
Old 08-01-12, 08:39 AM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by saturnluke
For now is powered with an external power supply for testing... I'll try to connect to tail lights wires and test it again, then if it will not work, I'll try to bring + signal from tail lights to flyaudio unit....
A question, I'm doing these tests without pulling cables (GPS and REAR CAMERA) on the back of the car.....to get cables on the back is It necessary to remove the back seats...or exists another way...
The cleanest way to get the cables to the trunk is removing the rear seats. I was lazy and hid the video cable behind the seat and routed it through the door behind the rear armrest and was able to hide the cable behind the trunk liners. It all took about 5 minutes. the video cable becomes visible if I bend over into the trunk!
Old 08-01-12, 08:50 AM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Patrickx11
How much did you buy your camera for? I looked up "IS250 camera" on ebay and they were all about $200 or more. A bit steep for a camera.

-Patrick
My camera is not a true OEM part, it just lookalike the OEM camera. I got it for about $35 on eBay. I think I might have posted a link on it somewhere in these forums.
Old 08-01-12, 06:39 PM
Patrickx11
Driver School Candidate

Default No drilling camera

I found this camera. Looks nice and doesn't require drilling. It sits where the license plate light is. The only thing is it is a bit pricey ($128) and it is not centered. Has anyone heard of this camera?

http://winauto.ua/en/product/rearvie...350-2002-2011/

The place is in Ukraine. Not sure if it is a legit website.
Old 08-01-12, 08:22 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Patrickx11
I found this camera. Looks nice and doesn't require drilling. It sits where the license plate light is. The only thing is it is a bit pricey ($128) and it is not centered. Has anyone heard of this camera?

http://winauto.ua/en/product/rearvie...350-2002-2011/

The place is in Ukraine. Not sure if it is a legit website.

that's a very interesting camera, but the only problem is that the light color may not match with the other license plate light.
The russian/ukrainian websites are also as suspicious as the chinese ones if not worse.
Old 08-02-12, 01:31 AM
sir_ian80
Rookie

alot of us here uses this camera, its a decent camera for the price and its super slim

http://www.securitycamera2000.com/pr...ew-Camera.html

if you scroll back to page 61, someone posted a picture of their trunk lid with the camera installed, just to give you an idea how slim this camera is...
Old 08-02-12, 05:53 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sir_ian80
alot of us here uses this camera, its a decent camera for the price and its super slim

http://www.securitycamera2000.com/pr...ew-Camera.html

if you scroll back to page 61, someone posted a picture of their trunk lid with the camera installed, just to give you an idea how slim this camera is...
Hows the image quality compared to the fly audio camera? How about compared to the oem one?
Old 08-02-12, 09:00 AM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bob4256
Hows the image quality compared to the fly audio camera? How about compared to the oem one?
That's exactly the same camera I have. The image quality is inferior to FlyAudio camera but on par with OEM Toyota/Lexus cameras. FlyAudio's camera covers 170 degrees and this was does 150 degrees. The color quality is not the greatest either, but its OEM look wins.

You guys may want to search for Camry OEM looking camera on eBay or elsewhere. They look exactly like the Lexus isx50 camera.
Old 08-02-12, 09:16 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NimaM
That's exactly the same camera I have. The image quality is inferior to FlyAudio camera but on par with OEM Toyota/Lexus cameras. FlyAudio's camera covers 170 degrees and this was does 150 degrees. The color quality is not the greatest either, but its OEM look wins.

You guys may want to search for Camry OEM looking camera on eBay or elsewhere. They look exactly like the Lexus isx50 camera.
Hmm, is the FA camera really as bulky as people say? Im about to order the unit and am debating getting the camera from CLT. I would prefer a better image quality, but I havent seen the FA cam yet
Old 08-02-12, 09:32 AM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Hmm, is the FA camera really as bulky as people say? Im about to order the unit and am debating getting the camera from CLT. I would prefer a better image quality, but I havent seen the FA cam yet
I am all about quality too, but in this case this is not an HDTV TV and both cameras serve the purpose of safety. if I had the choice again, I would still choose the OEM looking camera. It comes with tools for drilling and adds about 5 minutes to installation process.
Old 08-02-12, 09:47 AM
CLT
Former Sponsor

bob4256

Honestly a good amount of my customer opt out of the camera that I have in lieu of a more OEM looking camera.
Old 08-02-12, 11:45 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NimaM
I am all about quality too, but in this case this is not an HDTV TV and both cameras serve the purpose of safety. if I had the choice again, I would still choose the OEM looking camera. It comes with tools for drilling and adds about 5 minutes to installation process.
Long story short, my trunk came from an IS that had nav, so I have the empty space already. What camera would you recommend? Ive seen multiple links after reading through this entire thread

Originally Posted by CLT
bob4256

Honestly a good amount of my customer opt out of the camera that I have in lieu of a more OEM looking camera.
Good to know as I am about to place my order soon. Quick question for you David. WIll I automatically get the full navigation and most updated software when I purchase the unit? Or do I have to include something in the notes section?
Old 08-02-12, 04:15 PM
CLT
Former Sponsor

Long story short, my trunk came from an IS that had nav, so I have the empty space already. What camera would you recommend? Ive seen multiple links after reading through this entire thread

Good to know as I am about to place my order soon. Quick question for you David. WIll I automatically get the full navigation and most updated software when I purchase the unit? Or do I have to include something in the notes section?

bob4256

All units are shipped with the latest version of Bios Software, along with the latest Version of Navigation Software as well as the revised wire harness that takes care of the FM & AM reception. Don't worry you don't have to add any notes to your order, if anything when you place your order just let me know that its you from CL forum.

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350