Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-12, 05:12 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Never mind the above post, the issue is fixed.

Where are you guys getting your navigation software? Im thinking about using Garmin or iGO8
Old 09-07-12, 07:01 AM
bruch
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw this post yesterday:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...pter-a2dp.html
And I was wondering if anybody tried to sync an Android phone with two devices at the same time.
According to the post, the device connects to the ipod interface and connect to the phone via bluetooth. it works with the wheel control to skip songs.

However, I wanted to know if i can connect my phone to the FlyAudio for phone calls and connect my phone to the other bluetooth to stream audio.
and have both connected at the same time.

The unit that connects to the ipod interface and have bluetooth is ML D-100 or music link D100.

i found on ebay for about $40 and I will give it a try. But i wanted to check first if somebody had done that before.
Old 09-09-12, 12:34 PM
GoodSmile
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys, just got the unit installed and notice i cant find a way to stream music through bluetooth? is there anyway to do that?
Old 09-09-12, 02:57 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GoodSmile
Hey guys, just got the unit installed and notice i cant find a way to stream music through bluetooth? is there anyway to do that?

Unfortunately, you cannot stream music through Bluetooth...
Old 09-15-12, 03:57 PM
saturnluke
Driver School Candidate

Hi to all, I've discovered a problem. Reading the post 1996 I changed my configuration to be able to change iPod tracks from my steering wheel, but now Aux in function doesn't work anymore...If you push the button Aux-CDChanger the unit only switch to cd changer and no more in Aux in, If I revert to the original connections, Aux and cdchanger works... anyone has this issue?

A last question, there is a way to see/open pictures from USB? When I go in DVD menu and I select USB mode I can see folder inside my drive, but only movie files, any other file type isn't showed..... My unit is 2nd gen., How can I see images?

Last edited by saturnluke; 09-15-12 at 04:10 PM.
Old 09-15-12, 07:51 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by saturnluke
Hi to all, I've discovered a problem. Reading the post 1996 I changed my configuration to be able to change iPod tracks from my steering wheel, but now Aux in function doesn't work anymore...If you push the button Aux-CDChanger the unit only switch to cd changer and no more in Aux in, If I revert to the original connections, Aux and cdchanger works... anyone has this issue?
The AUX will never work with FlyAudio!!! It is appalling that FlyAudio could not figure this out. They had no clue about factory AUX not working. I told them about it a few times and they didn't really care...
Old 09-16-12, 02:10 AM
phat167
Rookie

Originally Posted by NimaM
Unfortunately, you cannot stream music through Bluetooth...
you can stream bluetooth from iphone/ipod through ipod connector adapter ,dunno if this counts

Old 09-16-12, 03:09 AM
saturnluke
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NimaM
The AUX will never work with FlyAudio!!! It is appalling that FlyAudio could not figure this out. They had no clue about factory AUX not working. I told them about it a few times and they didn't really care...
But If I leave the stock connections, I lose only the possibility of changing iPod tracks from my steering wheel? Because I often use Aux to connect my phone or mp3...
Old 09-16-12, 05:14 AM
herbuts
Driver School Candidate

Hi everybody.
I'm a new one on the forum and going to install iGo on FlyAudio in IS220.
Maybe, somebody can help me with detailed instructions and links to downaload iGo primo?
Torrent link on PP is the best.
I have iGo primo for android but don't have iGo for WinCE and right sys file.

Thank you in advance.
Old 09-16-12, 08:58 AM
NimaM
Lead Lap

But If I leave the stock connections, I lose only the possibility of changing iPod tracks from my steering wheel? Because I often use Aux to connect my phone or mp3...
Correct, but either way you lose a function and that is bad design or engineering!
Old 09-16-12, 09:01 AM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by phat167
you can stream bluetooth from iphone/ipod through ipod connector adapter ,dunno if this counts

I guess it counts, but we paid so much for this unit and in my opinion it should have had the built-in A2DP capability!
Old 09-16-12, 11:47 AM
saturnluke
Driver School Candidate

A last question, there is a way to see/open pictures from USB? When I go in DVD menu and I select USB mode I can see folder inside my drive, but only movie files, any other file type isn't showed..... My unit is 2nd gen., How can I see images?
Thanks for your replies NimaM, What can U tell me about this question? Thank you, Luke.
Old 09-16-12, 04:43 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

saturnluke, unfortunately I don't have an answer to your question because I got so fed up with FlyAudio that I got rid of it. So, I cannot test opening photos on FA for you. I never tried opening image files, but you should be able to see mp3 and avi files at least. Maybe you can ask other FlyAudio owners to answer your question.
Nima
Old 09-21-12, 12:58 PM
fitguy913
Rookie

Has anyone tried using the 30-pin dock-to-lightning adapter and the iPhone 5 yet? What were your results? Holding off on the iPhone 5 until I get a handle on whether or not it'll play nice with my FA navi...
Old 09-21-12, 02:39 PM
Exec8468
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by herbuts
Hi everybody.
I'm a new one on the forum and going to install iGo on FlyAudio in IS220.
Maybe, somebody can help me with detailed instructions and links to downaload iGo primo?
Torrent link on PP is the best.
I have iGo primo for android but don't have iGo for WinCE and right sys file.

Thank you in advance.
Try here: http://navitotal.com This is where I got mine from.

All of the other sites I searched on were a waste of time....links were all bad! Do it ASAP though. I think the links go bad over time.

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350