Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes you can, it comes with an iPod connector ^^
Old 10-26-12, 01:12 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by fitguy913
Try the CrimeStopper SV-6817.EM. Great camera and has psuedo-night vision. If you want pix of how it looks, PM me your phone number and I'll MMS you a pic of how mine looks.
Found it on ebay for ~$40

Does it fit in the OEM camera hole in the trunk?
Old 10-26-12, 01:29 PM
fitguy913
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bob4256
Yes you can, it comes with an iPod connector ^^
I have the FA Gen2. But if I disable the iPod app to access the Auxiliary input, then I'll be w/o my iPod. Ugh! I need to be able to plug in the Blitz R-VIT DS for my turbo project. I can't stand the idea of A-pillar gauges or a separate controller in the car. I like things to be clean and neat.
Old 10-26-12, 01:32 PM
fitguy913
Rookie

Originally Posted by bob4256
Found it on ebay for ~$40

Does it fit in the OEM camera hole in the trunk?
OEM camera hole? I just pulled off the plastic trip on the trunk (unbolting from the back and removing the inner tail lamps) and drilled a hole in it with the hole saw that was included with the backup camera. You'll have to take a ball peen hammer to the sheet metal underneath (don't trip, nobody will ever see it) just a little bit in order to make the sheet metal accommodate the camera. It's pretty smooth sailing after that. Be sure to run your composite video wiring along the deck lid arm so everything is clean. Also, the power wire that comes with the camera is a really small gauge, so be careful when you're tapping the tail lamp wire. I'd solder it if I were you. 3M T-taps will be useless and you want the wire to stay connected.
Old 10-26-12, 01:43 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

I have the FA Gen2. But if I disable the iPod app to access the Auxiliary input, then I'll be w/o my iPod. Ugh! I need to be able to plug in the Blitz R-VIT DS for my turbo project. I can't stand the idea of A-pillar gauges or a separate controller in the car. I like things to be clean and neat.
I could have sworn that you can have a iPod plugged in AND something hooked up to the aux port

OEM camera hole? I just pulled off the plastic trip on the trunk (unbolting from the back and removing the inner tail lamps) and drilled a hole in it with the hole saw that was included with the backup camera. You'll have to take a ball peen hammer to the sheet metal underneath (don't trip, nobody will ever see it) just a little bit in order to make the sheet metal accommodate the camera. It's pretty smooth sailing after that. Be sure to run your composite video wiring along the deck lid arm so everything is clean. Also, the power wire that comes with the camera is a really small gauge, so be careful when you're tapping the tail lamp wire. I'd solder it if I were you. 3M T-taps will be useless and you want the wire to stay connected.
Im not scared of drilling holes or anything. Me and a local member drilled a "OEM" canera hole in a non nav trunk so thats not an issue. I would just rather have a camera that fits there already.

I currently have an aftermarket camera that fits, but the picture quality isnt that great
Old 10-29-12, 01:45 AM
CleanIS
Driver School Candidate

Anyone ever had any problem loading up the navi during really cold weather??
Old 10-29-12, 09:00 AM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CleanIS
Anyone ever had any problem loading up the navi during really cold weather??
I never did in winter, but I wouldn't be surprised. My unit had problems with USB port in hot summer days!
Old 10-29-12, 11:14 PM
ibedizzy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bruch
I saw this post yesterday:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...pter-a2dp.html
And I was wondering if anybody tried to sync an Android phone with two devices at the same time.
According to the post, the device connects to the ipod interface and connect to the phone via bluetooth. it works with the wheel control to skip songs.

However, I wanted to know if i can connect my phone to the FlyAudio for phone calls and connect my phone to the other bluetooth to stream audio.
and have both connected at the same time.

The unit that connects to the ipod interface and have bluetooth is ML D-100 or music link D100.

i found on ebay for about $40 and I will give it a try. But i wanted to check first if somebody had done that before.
Any luck with the ML D-100 for streaming music through Bluetooth?
Old 11-03-12, 10:47 AM
PAIS250G
Driver School Candidate

Default Sat Radio Works on Gen 1

I am new to the Fly Audio concept but after playing around I figured it out. By turning off the iPOD connection and using the Aux and a small unit that fits inside the glove box, along with an AV audio cable with a 3.5mm out it works! And I got my sat radio back. I am sure I am not the only newb re-posting, but its the small accomplishments.
Old 11-05-12, 01:38 AM
CleanIS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NimaM
I never did in winter, but I wouldn't be surprised. My unit had problems with USB port in hot summer days!
So you wouldn't be able load up the map? Cause mine wouldn't load up the map but everything esle is fine
Old 11-05-12, 09:37 AM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CleanIS
So you wouldn't be able load up the map? Cause mine wouldn't load up the map but everything esle is fine
My Flyaudio unit was able to run the GPS software and maps with no problems, but it wouldn't detect any USB thumb drives so it wouldn't play mp3 files until the ambient temperature cooled down.

I have heard some first gen models would develope problems with their micro SD card reader, is yours 1st or 2nd gen?
Old 11-06-12, 06:28 PM
rockopico
Rookie

Side question here, but where did you guys have the GPS antenna installed? In the dashboard? On top of the dashboard? My buddy can't get a signal from within the dash. Mine is on the dash but looks like crap...
Old 11-06-12, 06:37 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

I stuck mine right behind the unit itself.
Old 11-06-12, 06:52 PM
rockopico
Rookie

in the dash? And it worked? Are you running iGo Primo? If so did you have to modify the sys.text settings as all? "Autodetecting GPS" is the only thing my buddy is getting when he tries to actually navigate somewhere. No sat signals can be located or picked up by the unit. When you say "...behind the unit itself" what do you mean? He put his on the top of the unit right underneath the center AC vents.
Old 11-06-12, 07:25 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

I dont have my unit installed anymore, long story short. its up for sale in the classifieds

Anyways, yes thats where I put it, behind the unit towards the top, behind the unit where the AC vents are Yes I was using iGo Primo and had no issues and did not have to modify anything.

I would just lose GPS signal when I entered the parking garage where I work.

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350