Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-13, 02:49 PM
morfar
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SD card not working

I have a first generation Flyaudio unit which is 2 years old and all of a sudden my SD card (with the GPS software) stopped working. Whenever I try to run the gps exe I get a "Path not found". I also don't see any files or directories on the SD card. I have tried another sd card thinking that maybe the card was broken and still get the same error "Path not found". Has anyone had this issue or know how to fix it?

Last edited by morfar; 02-10-13 at 02:58 PM.
Old 02-12-13, 10:24 AM
ibedizzy
Driver School Candidate

Is there any way to default to the 2D map when getting directions in navigation mode in iGo?

Originally Posted by NimaM
Here are the contents of the my sys.txt file. They worked with iGo 8.3 and Primo (1.2 and 2.0). If you want to try these setting, you'll need to change the path to iGo's application and content folders. Good luck guys.

[map]
2dheadup=1

[folders]
app="SDMEM/IGO_primo"
content=SDMEM/IGO_primo/content

;[interface]
;shutdown_time=0

[3d_config]
disable_roadsign_navigation_mode=0

[interface]
laneinfo_signpost_enabled=1

[rawdisplay]
screen_x=800
screen_y=480

highres=0

[gps]
port=6
baud=4800
Old 02-27-13, 04:11 AM
2jzism
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tjohnson34
I have an 2008 IS350 without the Nav.. where do I get one of these units and how much do they run? and do they play DVDs? or do I need to buy something else for that to happen?
tjohnson34

I got mine from David over at carlighttrends dot com, he's a straight up guy extremely good with customer service and very knowledgeable about the FlyAudio System. I've had mine for a long time now and honestly zero problems.

When I ordered mine from David, he told me that as long as I use it as it was intended I wont have any problems. I do watch videos via the DVD player and honestly I love my FlyAudio.
Old 03-05-13, 04:49 PM
Jcar1
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have installed my Flyaudio and so far has been great, the only issue is a few radio stations do not get great reception at times. I don't know if it's worth it to pull the system out and check my connections?

Last edited by Jcar1; 03-10-13 at 07:40 AM.
Old 03-10-13, 02:57 PM
olympus
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys...
I'm having problems with usb video playback...
I don't get any image and no sound either.... I've tried severall avi files ansd none were working !!
I can convert videos, but does anyone know what the specs of the avi file should be ???
Or a converter with the right settings for the flyaudio ???
I'm pulling my hairs out here...
Also wrote a dvd with videos on it, but the flyaudio playback is very choppy but the sound is good.
That's why I wanted to be able to play videos of the usb...
Old 03-13-13, 11:33 AM
RA061124
Pit Crew

I am looking for the bios/OS of the 2nd gen Flyaudio unit. If anyone has this please send my way I would like to see how the program is put together. Thanks
Old 03-17-13, 10:00 PM
booyaa63
Driver School Candidate

my flyaudio unit wont let me calibrate the screen, it acts as if something is already touching the screen, its messing up everything, it locks up the whole system, anyone else have this problem?
Old 04-14-13, 11:52 AM
leecm
Rookie

I used to follow this thread, and ended up not getting a flyaudio unit because of all the issues people were reporting with the first gen units.

Would someone please spare me from having to search through 150+ pages, and give me the current census on the quality of the latest 2nd gen units? Are there any current issues? What are the good things that the unit can do?
Old 04-14-13, 01:39 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by leecm
I used to follow this thread, and ended up not getting a flyaudio unit because of all the issues people were reporting with the first gen units.

Would someone please spare me from having to search through 150+ pages, and give me the current census on the quality of the latest 2nd gen units? Are there any current issues? What are the good things that the unit can do?
Don't waste your money. I had a second gen and it started having hardware problems after one year.

If you really want to get a an OEM looking navigation system for your IS, there's another chinese unit that costs 1/3 of the FlyAudio. Here's the thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ufacturer.html
Old 04-18-13, 08:06 PM
2jzism
Intermediate

Originally Posted by leecm

No issues with mine, and I've had it for a while now. It works fine, I drive my car 40+ miles a day to and from work and every where else. I use the DVD player just about once a week and no major issues to report.

After I got the revised harness (fixed the radio) and after I got the revised Bios ( it fixed the AC settings) and to clear up the AC settings issue thing the AC and Heater worked fine it was the visual AC setting on the FlyAudio that was off. After the new Bios I have not had any major problems and all is good, honestly.
Old 05-09-13, 01:10 AM
CleanIS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by morfar
I have a first generation Flyaudio unit which is 2 years old and all of a sudden my SD card (with the GPS software) stopped working. Whenever I try to run the gps exe I get a "Path not found". I also don't see any files or directories on the SD card. I have tried another sd card thinking that maybe the card was broken and still get the same error "Path not found". Has anyone had this issue or know how to fix it?
Have you got this problem fix or anyone esle have this issue?
Old 06-04-13, 11:48 PM
chi123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Got a few questions about the unit. I tired looking through a few pages but didn't find an answer and don't got time to read 150+ pages right now.

1. How do you reset the unit?
2. How do you change Celsius to Fahrenheit?
3. How do you update the bios?
4. Is it possible to change the blue color behind the icons in the menus?

Thanks!
Old 06-05-13, 11:07 AM
kubakj
Rookie

Is it possible to connect a recording camera to this unit using AV port as AUX or any other option? I would like to connect recording camera and playback on the unit rather then ejecting mini sd card and playing it back on the computer.
Old 06-06-13, 10:17 PM
chi123
Lexus Test Driver

Anyone had an issue with the blinkers/hazards after installing the unit? I installed my FlyAudio and my hazards don't work. When I plugged my original one in, it works fines.
Old 06-13-13, 04:17 AM
2jzism
Intermediate

Originally Posted by chi123
Got a few questions about the unit. I tired looking through a few pages but didn't find an answer and don't got time to read 150+ pages right now.

1. How do you reset the unit?
2. How do you change Celsius to Fahrenheit?
3. How do you update the bios?
4. Is it possible to change the blue color behind the icons in the menus?

Thanks!
chi123

1) To reset there is a key on the screen that says "reset"
2) Celsius to Fahrenheit that can be changed in the TMPS settings
3) update the bios, contact where you got it from. (if its new I don't think you need it)
4) You can't change the color, I like the blue it looks OEM

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350