Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-10, 11:30 AM
slip969
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Automax Service
Josh, I am sending your maps out today. Should be to you by Monday morning.

Thanks Mat! Much appreciated. I'm very happy with this unit. So far, it's been absolutely great. I just purchased a Porsche Cayman without NAV and now after having the FlyAudio unit in the IS250, I'd wish they made one for the Cayman. Mat, not to get off topic here, but would it be possible to suggest that to them? Thanks again for the great service.

BTW, I've installed the unit on a 06 IS250 AWD and no airbag light for me.
Old 01-10-10, 02:12 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by slip969
Thanks Mat! Much appreciated. I'm very happy with this unit. So far, it's been absolutely great. I just purchased a Porsche Cayman without NAV and now after having the FlyAudio unit in the IS250, I'd wish they made one for the Cayman. Mat, not to get off topic here, but would it be possible to suggest that to them? Thanks again for the great service.

BTW, I've installed the unit on a 06 IS250 AWD and no airbag light for me.
Josh, I will definitely pass along your suggestion. They make a unit for the Porsche Cayenne, so I am sure they would be open to making a unit for the Cayman. Congrats on the new car!
Old 01-10-10, 05:21 PM
ccsp
Driver School Candidate

I am willing to share the HD map on my company's FTP server once i have it mailed from flyaudio. do you guys think this is a good idea?
Old 01-12-10, 09:42 AM
slip969
Driver School Candidate

Josh, I will definitely pass along your suggestion. They make a unit for the Porsche Cayenne, so I am sure they would be open to making a unit for the Cayman. Congrats on the new car!
Thanks Mat! Received the new maps in the mail yesterday and they are working great. I must say, this FlyAudio system is amazing. Install was very easy and Automax has been top notch. Looking forward to the firmware updates for the iPod and BT. Other then that, everything is working well.
Old 01-12-10, 11:01 AM
Brewdude
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys, I'm new here and have a quick question. I'm buying an IS in the next few days. It will be a used 2007 or 2008. My question is, should I get one with factory NAV or save a few bucks on the price of the car without NAV and put this Flyaudio unit in? Is it worth doing it that way? Just looking for some feedback and wondering if the Fly unit is that much different or better than the stock unit.

Thanks
Old 01-12-10, 11:02 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by slip969
Thanks Mat! Received the new maps in the mail yesterday and they are working great. I must say, this FlyAudio system is amazing. Install was very easy and Automax has been top notch. Looking forward to the firmware updates for the iPod and BT. Other then that, everything is working well.
Josh, it's great to hear you are so happy with the system! The HD maps are great, I can't wait until they release the 3D maps they are considering using. Lots of exciting updates to come!
Old 01-12-10, 11:12 AM
mISteRED
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a chance to try out the FlyAudio nav system with the new maps yesterday. The maps look really nice compared to the old ones. I hadn’t used the nav very much because after I got the system installed after Christmas the maps needed to be updated. But on the way home from work last night I punched in my home address to see how it would work. I was impressed with how good it looks and how accurate it was. I intentionally went some different ways from where it wanted me to go and it would reroute very fast. The more I use this system the more I like it.
Old 01-12-10, 11:14 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Brewdude
Hey guys, I'm new here and have a quick question. I'm buying an IS in the next few days. It will be a used 2007 or 2008. My question is, should I get one with factory NAV or save a few bucks on the price of the car without NAV and put this Flyaudio unit in? Is it worth doing it that way? Just looking for some feedback and wondering if the Fly unit is that much different or better than the stock unit.

Thanks
Obviously I am bias, but I will put in my $.02. In terms of the Fly Audio unit being different, that depends. The quality, design, and integration into your vehicle is going to be the same (if not better) as stock. Why is this so?

1) System matches the interior/dashboard of your Lexus. It also controls your A/C and other functions just the same as a factory Lexus navi would.
2) Parts are made by quality manufacturers (Sharp, Panasonic) and at the dealer level have a 3 year warranty
3) I have installed 2 of these and they sit as flush on the dash as the factory unit. All the factory harnesses and connectors remain in tact and mount right up with the Fly Audio unit

In terms of why this system is superior to the stock unit (and this is my opinion):
1) You can choose from a variety of different GPS softwares, you aren't limited to 1 type of map
2) You have the option of watching DVD's when the car is moving
3) Software updates to operating system - there will be a number of options in the future that will be available to make this system more competitive as the market and technologies change (Satellite radio, TPMS monitoring, and a plethora of other updates)
4) Price

I look forward to hearing everyone's feedback. Goodluck with your purchase, I am sure you will be happy either way. It's always great to have multiple options!
Old 01-12-10, 11:16 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mISteRED
I had a chance to try out the FlyAudio nav system with the new maps yesterday. The maps look really nice compared to the old ones. I hadn’t used the nav very much because after I got the system installed after Christmas the maps needed to be updated. But on the way home from work last night I punched in my home address to see how it would work. I was impressed with how good it looks and how accurate it was. I intentionally went some different ways from where it wanted me to go and it would reroute very fast. The more I use this system the more I like it.
Greg, great to hear! It's going to be great in the future to be able to go back and forth from different mapping solutions.
Old 01-12-10, 11:22 AM
Brewdude
Driver School Candidate

So are you saying it does NOT do satellite radio right now?
Old 01-12-10, 12:20 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Brewdude
So are you saying it does NOT do satellite radio right now?
It does NOT support satellite radio right now, but within the next 3 months it will be an option.
Old 01-12-10, 02:48 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Obviously I am bias, but I will put in my $.02. In terms of the Fly Audio unit being different, that depends. The quality, design, and integration into your vehicle is going to be the same (if not better) as stock. Why is this so?

1) System matches the interior/dashboard of your Lexus. It also controls your A/C and other functions just the same as a factory Lexus navi would.
2) Parts are made by quality manufacturers (Sharp, Panasonic) and at the dealer level have a 3 year warranty
3) I have installed 2 of these and they sit as flush on the dash as the factory unit. All the factory harnesses and connectors remain in tact and mount right up with the Fly Audio unit

In terms of why this system is superior to the stock unit (and this is my opinion):
1) You can choose from a variety of different GPS softwares, you aren't limited to 1 type of map
2) You have the option of watching DVD's when the car is moving
3) Software updates to operating system - there will be a number of options in the future that will be available to make this system more competitive as the market and technologies change (Satellite radio, TPMS monitoring, and a plethora of other updates)
4) Price

I look forward to hearing everyone's feedback. Goodluck with your purchase, I am sure you will be happy either way. It's always great to have multiple options!
just curious, but what does sharp and panasonic make for the fly audio nav?
Old 01-12-10, 02:58 PM
ccsp
Driver School Candidate

for the LCD panel
Old 01-12-10, 03:18 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jetfire
just curious, but what does sharp and panasonic make for the fly audio nav?
The display/touch screen panels.
Old 01-13-10, 09:57 AM
mISteRED
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Airbag light issue fixed

I just checked FlyAudios web sight and it looks like they figured out the airbag light issue. They will be shipping a hardware piece in a few weeks.

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350