Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-10, 03:56 PM
mISteRED
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ Like Phil and Mat said you will have all the same controll that you have now, you will just have more things to controll, DVD, Nav, BT, Ipod. I installed the FlyAudio unit by myself with some questions answered by Mat and everything went pretty smooth. There are some posts earlier in this thread that address the install and enough people have done it where I am sure we could answer almost any install question you could have.
Old 01-18-10, 04:42 PM
djsai
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow very impressed at FlyAudio for their dedication and solving the customers needs very quickly.
Old 01-18-10, 05:47 PM
Silec
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

super excited! my unit is coming in tomorrow, cant wait to install it in my car, hopefully i wont run into any problem along the way. got my fingers cross.
Old 01-19-10, 01:38 AM
omarban
Driver School Candidate

RDS-TMC receives traffic information through FM radio signal that can be shown in the navigator.

You can find more info in the following link http://www.tomtom.com/services/service.php?id=44

Has flyaudio unit this system?
Old 01-19-10, 10:44 PM
AntonPanch
Driver School Candidate

2 Automax Service

whare do you ussually install the microfone for the handsfree?

regards,
A.
Old 01-20-10, 08:50 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by AntonPanch
2 Automax Service

regards,
A.
We install it at the top of the A-Pillar for a couple of reasons:
1) It's relatively easy to access (compared to other places we would mount it)
2) It's out of the way, but in the direct line of the direction that your voice travels, so it will get great reception.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Old 01-20-10, 02:52 PM
markolomew
Rookie

I've asked around and no one is sure, maybe one of you will know. I was running a pioneer avic-f90bt head unit out to 3 amps (not stock) to two subs and all new speakers on the doors. What kind of on screen control will the fly audio have on independent channels? Anyone played around with this yet?

Last edited by markolomew; 01-20-10 at 02:54 PM. Reason: typos
Old 01-20-10, 02:58 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

I got my FlyAudio unit from Mat @ AutoMax, and I couldn't be happier with the whole experience. He was very knowledgeable about the product and answered all the questions I threw at him. To top it all off, the price they sold it to me at was unbeatable! All in all it was a great experience, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to recommend AutoMax to anyone looking to purchase one of these units.

As for the unit itself, I've been using it for just over a day and I keep finding new features on it. The capabilities this thing offers over and beyond what the OEM navigation unit can do is staggering. It's quick, responsive, and feature-packed. For someone who bought their car without navigation, bluetooth, back-up camera or a DVD player, this solution is unbeatable. The fit & finish is top notch, and the way in which everything is tied together in the system is really nice. I was also able to get rid of the bluetooth headset I kept in the car, as well as the iPod integration kit I was using with my Eclipse unit - the FlyAudio unit has iPod compatibility built in! My MP3's sound way better - I'm not sure if this was due to a configuration problem with my old Eclipse unit or not (it didn't support charging on the iPhone 3GS, so I had to use an adapter to use & charge my iPhone).

Originally Posted by AntonPanch
2 Automax Service

regards,
A.
I installed mine in the same location that Lexus installs the microphone - completely hidden inside the overhead console. There's a slot that will accommodate the microphone, and there's even a few tabs that can be used to route and secure the wire across the top of the console. Here's a pic I took with my phone of how I installed the microphone - you can see the microphone pointing downward secured by electrical tape:

Javier
Old 01-20-10, 03:21 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Thanks, Javier! I am glad the unit is turning out to be everything you wanted! It was great meeting you and getting to check out your car, it is one of the cleanest IS's I've seen. Let me know if you have any questions once you get more acquainted with the system!
Old 01-20-10, 03:35 PM
quintmann
Pole Position

hey javy...i was shocked when u texted me and said you had just got it installed! since u saw mine just a couple days earlier at the meet. the products practically sells itself!

im still waiting on my map card tho...3 weeks and counting :-/
Old 01-20-10, 05:28 PM
noliesss
Driver

I was changing the temp. on the unit in the climate menu and the number did not change on the screen and froze there. Switch back to Navi mode and change the temp and the drop down menu showed the temp # changing. Changed back to the climate menu and the number changed to the new setting, but when changing the temp in the climate screen, the number froze at the last setting number but the setting changed and the number doesn't. When on bluetooth calls, reverse camera is disable, Map moving a bit slower. Anyone else have these problems?
Old 01-20-10, 05:46 PM
quintmann
Pole Position

idk if im the only one...but when i reverse does the radio mute and then unmute when car is put in drive? idk why it would do that
Old 01-20-10, 05:57 PM
noliesss
Driver

yes, mine also mute everything when in reverse.
Old 01-20-10, 06:16 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

^Mine does that as well - that's because the system "switches" to the rear view camera input. It's just like selecting DVD or radio.

Javier
Old 01-20-10, 08:54 PM
channy1013
Driver School Candidate

i am looking at getting the flyaudio navi, i was told for my 2006 is250 i need the navi-1, will the navi-2 work though as well. Does anyone know

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350