Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-10, 10:09 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by channy1013
i am looking at getting the flyaudio navi, i was told for my 2006 is250 i need the navi-1, will the navi-2 work though as well. Does anyone know
You want the E8039NAVI-1 that fits the 2006-2008 IS 250/350. The NAVI-2 has different mounting tabs for the 2009 center console. It has all the same internals! Let me know if you have any other questions!
Old 01-20-10, 10:38 PM
MCL1
Pole Position

Originally Posted by noliesss
yes, mine also mute everything when in reverse.
Little off topic, but I always think about the last part of this video whenever the camera mutes everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9ObjsLFV_E
Old 01-21-10, 06:15 AM
markolomew
Rookie

Someone who has one of these units, please check for me (pictures if possible bc they don't exist on the internet presently) and tell me if there are settings that are offered to control the subwoofer (phase, level, crossover frequencies, etc). So far I have only seen a really crappy image of the 9 band EQ, but that doesn't give me much control over my subs. Anyone?
Old 01-21-10, 06:17 AM
MCL1
Pole Position

Originally Posted by markolomew
Someone who has one of these units, please check for me (pictures if possible bc they don't exist on the internet presently) and tell me if there are settings that are offered to control the subwoofer (phase, level, crossover frequencies, etc). So far I have only seen a really crappy image of the 9 band EQ, but that doesn't give me much control over my subs. Anyone?
No pic needed. answer is no, and there's only a 3 band EQ.
Old 01-21-10, 06:50 AM
markolomew
Rookie

Has anyone attempted putting subs (other than the factory) with this head unit yet? I know on the Videos that djsai posted he briefly mentioned that he had subs but they were running differently. Curious to know more about that. I'm concerned this head unit can't handle low frequencies and that if hooked up, the tone in the car would be very muddled. Anyone have any experience with this?
Old 01-21-10, 07:04 AM
djsai
Lexus Test Driver

Has anyone attempted putting subs (other than the factory) with this head unit yet? I know on the Videos that djsai posted he briefly mentioned that he had subs but they were running differently. Curious to know more about that. I'm concerned this head unit can't handle low frequencies and that if hooked up, the tone in the car would be very muddled. Anyone have any experience with this?
All you need to do is have a pwerful amp and run the rca's to your factory amp and you will have a bangin system. Its reallly clean and not mudded at all. The flyaudio 3-band eq also makes it sound a lot better.
Old 01-21-10, 07:19 AM
NemeGuero
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the stock amp has RCA outputs for sub?
Old 01-21-10, 08:11 AM
djsai
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by NemeGuero
the stock amp has RCA outputs for sub?
No sorry for the confusion. I used the rca crossover module for seperating the lows..
Old 01-21-10, 01:00 PM
markolomew
Rookie

Can you show me where you mounted your backup camera(s) and describe the bracket used (since you cannot necessarily show that). I'm curious to see the location since the non Nav unit models of the IS250 do not come with a hole for the camera, and since I'm not eager to drill into my car, I'd like to see where/how other are mounting it.
Old 01-21-10, 01:09 PM
markolomew
Rookie

Also like to add one more thing. If you want to change the volume for which ever media source you on, what are all your options for doing so: steering wheel, volume **** on the stock radio unit, and on screen? Just wondering if this unit bypasses the factory volume **** or not. Same question about the Tuning **** as well. Do they still function or are they now just for looks.
Old 01-21-10, 01:11 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Can you show me where you mounted your backup camera(s) and describe the bracket used (since you cannot necessarily show that). I'm curious to see the location since the non Nav unit models of the IS250 do not come with a hole for the camera, and since I'm not eager to drill into my car, I'd like to see where/how other are mounting it.
You can use the sticky adhesive that comes with the kit, it is super strong and then you won't have to worry about drilling. Either way, you can run the wire thru the trunk lid button or the license plate light. Here is a crappy picture of where we mount it. We drill a hole in the trunk lid (we remove it first) and seal it with a rubber grommet (to insure that no water get's in and it looks really clean), non of which is visible once the camera is in place. It's really clean and relatively easy to do. Ignore the fact that in the picture the camera isn't straight, we hadn't mounted it completely yet.

Name:  DSC00033.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  37.9 KB

Name:  DSC00049.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  57.5 KB

Name:  DSC00036.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  50.7 KB

Last edited by Automax Service; 01-21-10 at 01:19 PM.
Old 01-21-10, 01:14 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Also like to add one more thing. If you want to change the volume for which ever media source you on, what are all your options for doing so: steering wheel, volume **** on the stock radio unit, and on screen? Just wondering if this unit bypasses the factory volume **** or not. Same question about the Tuning **** as well. Do they still function or are they now just for looks.
All of those *****/buttons still work. This system completely integrates with EVERYTHING stock!
Old 01-21-10, 11:02 PM
ccsp
Driver School Candidate

www.flyaudio.us just released the downloadable upgrade files for the low-res map to the high-res one

http://www.flyaudio.us/forum/12-tech...-to-hi-res-mpa
Old 01-22-10, 07:21 AM
markolomew
Rookie

Bob from flyaudio in canada posted a VERY helpful video over some features concerning the audio tweaking that I have found helpful here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4qVWffE3c0

Two questions:

(1) Is there speech recognition, as in "play artist ____" or "Call Mom" or "play album ___". If so, what is the hotkey to allow this since my steering wheel control does not have the "speech" button

(2) I noticed on the iPod search screen you were not able to search by letter for an artist or album. Is that correct? I hope Fly Audio adds this feature bc I have litterally thousands of songs on my ipod i sort through and without that alphabet search, they will be nearly impossible to get to. So if the developers in China will listen to suggestions, please pass this on to them.
Old 01-22-10, 07:46 AM
nmpeter
Pole Position

Also make the AC buttons flat like 09+ I hate the 06-08 buttons. Please haha

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350