Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-10, 08:06 AM
jbounnoi
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by markolomew
Bob from flyaudio in canada posted a VERY helpful video over some features concerning the audio tweaking that I have found helpful here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4qVWffE3c0

Two questions:

(1) Is there speech recognition, as in "play artist ____" or "Call Mom" or "play album ___". If so, what is the hotkey to allow this since my steering wheel control does not have the "speech" button

(2) I noticed on the iPod search screen you were not able to search by letter for an artist or album. Is that correct? I hope Fly Audio adds this feature bc I have litterally thousands of songs on my ipod i sort through and without that alphabet search, they will be nearly impossible to get to. So if the developers in China will listen to suggestions, please pass this on to them.
was the "Sub" in the audio function a new update in the latest upgrade?
Old 01-22-10, 08:35 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Bob from flyaudio in canada posted a VERY helpful video over some features concerning the audio tweaking that I have found helpful here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4qVWffE3c0
It was a great video outlining the differences in the Gold Series. The model selling for the Lexus right now is NOT the Gold Series. Fly Audio US has not released when they will start selling the Gold Series product for Lexus. I will let you know as soon as I find out. That's funny he told you his name is Bob. I met him at CES in Vegas (great guy, very knowledgable with electronics), but his name definitely isn't Bob.

Two questions:

(1) Is there speech recognition, as in "play artist ____" or "Call Mom" or "play album ___". If so, what is the hotkey to allow this since my steering wheel control does not have the "speech" button

No speech recognition at this time.

(2) I noticed on the iPod search screen you were not able to search by letter for an artist or album. Is that correct? I hope Fly Audio adds this feature bc I have litterally thousands of songs on my ipod i sort through and without that alphabet search, they will be nearly impossible to get to. So if the developers in China will listen to suggestions, please pass this on to them.
I was told by Fly Audio that the upgraded iPod integration is going to be part of a software update sometime in the future. Hopefully it's soon!

Originally Posted by jbounnoi
was the "Sub" in the audio function a new update in the latest upgrade?
I am not sure if it was there before, but it is now. It may have been part of the update.

I will pass on any information to you guys as soon as I get it from Fly Audio! Anyways, look for a group buy starting up again next week!
Old 01-22-10, 10:24 AM
GresyGinzo
Driver School Candidate

These guys should make a plug and play dvd changer that replaces the non ML cd changer. I am having the hardest time finding a ML dvd changer
Old 01-22-10, 10:26 AM
markolomew
Rookie

There is a FlyAudio DVD (Media) changer that is made for the Lexus products that might be what you are looking for.
http://www.flyaudio.net/duodie.asp
Old 01-22-10, 01:36 PM
djzx
Rookie

Default Group Buy!!

Originally Posted by Automax Service
I will pass on any information to you guys as soon as I get it from Fly Audio! Anyways, look for a group buy starting up again next week!
I am in! Thinking about heading down to LA next month to get it installed by Automax
is it the version w/ the airbag light fixed?
Mat, this is D.J. btw.
Old 01-22-10, 02:39 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by djzx
I am in! Thinking about heading down to LA next month to get it installed by Automax
is it the version w/ the airbag light fixed?
Mat, this is D.J. btw.
Hey DJ, I haven't forgotten about you. I will make sure I have a unit ready for you and some install time available when you make it down. I am receiving all the updated harnesses for the airbag light this week and then I will start the group buy again!
Old 01-22-10, 03:18 PM
djzx
Rookie

...I am receiving all the updated harnesses for the airbag light this week and then I will start the group buy again!

I am liking this! How much discount were you able to get on your group buy last time?
Saving a few bucks will make this even sweeter
Old 01-25-10, 08:29 AM
markolomew
Rookie

I have read that the FlyAudio device comes pre-bypassed so that you can watch videos will driving. I've learned to ask people who have one rather than just believe anything so far

So my questions are:
(1) are the flyaudio unity pre-bypassed?
(2) if so, are they using software or hardware to do the bypassing
(3) if they are using hardware (aka wiring), would this wiring system also work on a stock navigation package unit?
Old 01-25-10, 11:14 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

I have read that the FlyAudio device comes pre-bypassed so that you can watch videos will driving. I've learned to ask people who have one rather than just believe anything so far

So my questions are:
(1) are the flyaudio unity pre-bypassed?
(2) if so, are they using software or hardware to do the bypassing
(3) if they are using hardware (aka wiring), would this wiring system also work on a stock navigation package unit?
Mark,

You have the "option" of watching videos while you are driving. Most of our clients have chosen this option. The "option" involves not connecting a wire to the emergency brake (essentially a hardware bypass). As for your 3rd question, I am not sure because I have not pulled the stock nav to see how it is wired to the e-brake (if that's indeed how it's wired).

The group buy is going to startup tomorrow night, more details to come!

Mat
Old 01-26-10, 08:25 AM
texasborn
Rookie

I contacted Marlin at electrawarehouse where I ordered my unit back in November (sorry Mat!) and he promised me the hardware fix for the airbag light issue as soon as he gets the item from Flyaudio. So.... hopefully in the next week or two....
Old 01-26-10, 08:37 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by texasborn
I contacted Marlin at electrawarehouse where I ordered my unit back in November (sorry Mat!) and he promised me the hardware fix for the airbag light issue as soon as he gets the item from Flyaudio. So.... hopefully in the next week or two....
My shipment of hardware updates is arriving tomorrow, so he should be getting his soon as well. Everyone should be all set by next week!
Old 01-26-10, 09:28 AM
DLam
Lead Lap

are you having another groupbuy for the unit?
Old 01-26-10, 10:11 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DLam
are you having another groupbuy for the unit?
Yes we are, look for a group buy thread late tonight with more details!
Old 01-26-10, 11:28 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes we are, look for a group buy thread late tonight with more details!
don't recall ever seeing this answered in the thread but in 21 pages might've missed it... can this unit do realtime traffic info like a Garmin or the '10 OEM system does? (and if so is it using XM or FM)
Old 01-26-10, 02:44 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Kurtz
don't recall ever seeing this answered in the thread but in 21 pages might've missed it... can this unit do realtime traffic info like a Garmin or the '10 OEM system does? (and if so is it using XM or FM)
I am fairly confident that it can not do real time traffic, but I will ask and find out.

In the mean time, the group buy thread is live: Click here!!

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350