Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-10, 05:32 AM
AntonPanch
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello
Could you please post photos of the installed rear cameras?
What camera do you usE?
regards,
Anton
Old 01-27-10, 07:22 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by AntonPanch
Hello
Could you please post photos of the installed rear cameras?
What camera do you usE?
regards,
Anton
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/5159728-post296.html

Here are a couple of just the camera itself. Maybe a couple people who have this camera installed can chime in about the quality of the camera and the picture it provides. Thanks!

Name:  DSCF0263.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  32.6 KB

Name:  DSCF0262.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  37.0 KB

Name:  DSCF0261.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  33.0 KB

Name:  DSC00036.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  50.7 KB
Old 01-27-10, 02:10 PM
markolomew
Rookie

Any luck yet with making the TomTom or Garmin maps work with the FlyAudio?
Old 01-27-10, 05:19 PM
simpsonn
Driver School Candidate

Does the flyaudio unit come with satellite radio capability?
Old 01-27-10, 05:28 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by simpsonn
Does the flyaudio unit come with satellite radio capability?
It will be an optional add on in a couple of months. It's one of the things on the to do list as well as the TPMS module. This system will continue to evolve and grow with technology, that is one of the best features. It's easy to upgrade, all you need is a laptop.
Old 01-27-10, 05:29 PM
quintmann
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^no the unit doesnt support satellite radio yet.
Old 01-27-10, 05:33 PM
simpsonn
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Automax Service
It will be an optional add on in a couple of months. It's one of the things on the to do list as well as the TPMS module. This system will continue to evolve and grow with technology, that is one of the best features. It's easy to upgrade, all you need is a laptop.
I assume it will be integrated with the system and display song info etc. on the screen, right? Also, any word on if it will be Sirius or XM?

Thanks for the quick reply.
Old 01-27-10, 06:01 PM
jpsilvia
Rookie

woo just ordered mine cant wait for it to come in!!!
Big Thanks to Mat!!
Old 01-27-10, 06:34 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by simpsonn
I assume it will be integrated with the system and display song info etc. on the screen, right? Also, any word on if it will be Sirius or XM?

Thanks for the quick reply.
Not quite sure how the system will be integrated, but I am sure it will have the song display, station display, and potentially other information. They are still deciding which provider to go with, so if you have an opinion, as always, Email victord@flyaudio.us .

Originally Posted by jpsilvia
woo just ordered mine cant wait for it to come in!!!
Big Thanks to Mat!!
Anytime, thanks for the heads up on our competitors pricing, I was happy to match it. I will Email you the tracking information tomorrow!
Old 01-28-10, 12:44 PM
DLam
Lead Lap

We install the GPS antenna wherever our clients request. We usually mount the antenna in the rear window behind the headrest. It is out of site and get's great reception. We run the wiring in factory locations to make the clean factory look of the entire vehicle. You can load Tom Tom or any other software onto the mini SD card and the system will run the software.

I am not quite sure what TMC is, can you elaborate on that and hopefully I can answer your question! Thanks!
if you put the gps antenna in the rear window and have the windows tinted, will the tint mess up the reception or anything like that?
Old 01-28-10, 12:52 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DLam
if you put the gps antenna in the rear window and have the windows tinted, will the tint mess up the reception or anything like that?
I don't think so. Most of the installs we've done all have tinted windows and no one has had a problem with reception yet.

If for any reason it was a problem, there are a lot of options for mounting the GPS antenna.
Old 01-28-10, 01:12 PM
markolomew
Rookie

You can load Tom Tom or any other software onto the mini SD card and the system will run the software.
Mat,
please explain how to do this because after talking with others on the board about this same matter, no one has had any luck putting any Nav Maps successfully on the FlyAudio system other than the stock maps. Please elaborate.

Last edited by markolomew; 01-28-10 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-28-10, 01:42 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by markolomew
Mat,
please explain how to do this because after talking with others on the board about this same matter, no one has had any luck putting any Nav Maps successfully on the FlyAudio system other than the stock maps. Please elaborate.
Mark,

I will look into this. The reason I haven't done so until now is because I am going to have to buy a subscription for a unit thats never going to leave my desk. I know that one of our customers ran a ripped version of iGo8 and there is another customer on here running iGo8 successfully. Here is the link to his post from this thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/5055418-post103.html

Either way I have to purchase some new maps, so which would you like to see demo'd? Garmin? TomTom? Let me know and I will get it going.
Old 01-28-10, 01:48 PM
markolomew
Rookie

Either way I have to purchase some new maps, so which would you like to see demo'd? Garmin? TomTom? Let me know and I will get it going.
I PM-ed that user with the iGo8 and asked him to please post for the forum what he did since it seems many have tried and failed and could benefit from this info. I'd prefer to see Garmin personally. I know everyone has their opinions, but I tend to think Garmin is put together a little better than TomTom. So let me know about the Garmin and I will keep you posted on the iGo8.
Thanks!

Last edited by markolomew; 01-28-10 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-28-10, 01:56 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by markolomew
I PM-ed that user with the iGo8 and asked him to please post for the forum what he did since it seems many have tried and failed and could benefit from this info. I'd prefer to see Garmin personally. I know everyone has their opinions, but I tend to think Garmin is put together a little better than TomTom. So let me know about the Garmin and I will keep you posted on the iGo8.
Thanks!
Sounds good, thanks! In the next couple of days I will download it and load it onto the system!

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350