Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-10, 03:37 PM
bobmic
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

markolomew,
The AUX is disabled with the original BIOS as well however you can use the AUX supplied with FlyAudio without connecting the Video in. The system will give a video input error but will play the audio without a problem.

djzx,
Try the skin from the following site and add your cars if you wish.
http://www.igo8mods.com/dimka_download.htm
Old 02-13-10, 06:09 PM
djzx
Rookie

Hi Bob, I put 3dcars in the directory and I did get a 3D card when i switch to 3d mode but I cant change cars. Am I missing something? like a sys file string?
Old 02-15-10, 05:09 PM
DLam
Lead Lap

when you connect your ipod, can you play your vidoes from the ipod as well?
Old 02-15-10, 07:48 PM
2jzism
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I was wanting the FlyAudio GPS for my 2nd gen GS300, but it won't happen for the GS owners. In a way it worked out for me, I picked up a 07 IS250 over the week end.

Any one know where to get the best price for an 07 FlyAudio GPS?
Old 02-15-10, 09:43 PM
AntonPanch
Driver School Candidate

Default bluetooth

what about the quality of integrated hands free?
I have an I phone and I'd like to install the microphone in its original place (near the lamp), does anyone have the microphone in the same place? or it's better to install it somewhere else?
regards,
Anton
Old 02-16-10, 03:15 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DLam
when you connect your ipod, can you play your vidoes from the ipod as well?
I haven't had any luck with this yet, but that doesn't mean that it's not possible. I will play around with it some more. I have tried connecting it via RCA cables/headphone jack (instead of iPod connector) but have not had any luck.

Originally Posted by 2jzism
I was wanting the FlyAudio GPS for my 2nd gen GS300, but it won't happen for the GS owners. In a way it worked out for me, I picked up a 07 IS250 over the week end.

Any one know where to get the best price for an 07 FlyAudio GPS?
I have been able to match or beat 100% of all the competitions prices, so if you are looking for the best support for FlyAudio, Automax is the best place to buy. Ask around, most of the people who have purchased these systems bought them from us.

Originally Posted by AntonPanch
what about the quality of integrated hands free?
I have an I phone and I'd like to install the microphone in its original place (near the lamp), does anyone have the microphone in the same place? or it's better to install it somewhere else?
regards,
Anton
We have installed all of ours at the top of the A-pillar, but alot of our clients that install them at home put them in the dome light. Both are fairly easy to access, so try it both ways and see which one you like.

I have everything in stock and 1 open box unit at a great price, so let me know if anyone is on the fence.
Old 02-16-10, 06:40 PM
bobmic
Driver School Candidate

Default Microphone location

I originaly installed the microphone in the dome - it is a an easy and clean install but the volume was VERY low and unfortunately I had to move it to the A pillar. After testing it with and without the foam and even tested a couple of other microphones.
Old 02-17-10, 06:55 AM
markolomew
Rookie

Let me know what you would like to see in the next software update. I am currently working on a list of fixes for the next update and would like your input. Here is what I have listed so far:

Boss key:
*quick button sequence to turn off screen (for cops or just to black out screen)

iPod interface:
*play ipod video on screen
*search by alphabet letter (for artist, song, album)
*search by playlist
*more eye appealing layout

Customizable home screen
*he able to hide icons
*custom backgrounds
*change color/icons/theme
*optional startup noise/chime/custom sound

Radio:
*scrolling text of song info (stock has this happening to all stations at once)
*favorite station set

Bluetooth phonebook function

reassigning buttons (make them customizable)

AUX port disabled (wiring is correct, just need to be activated with the code)

Clock:
*Display at all times or hotkey to make it visible/hide

Brightness button tweak:
*it has been reported to me that after last patch it isn't working correctly
Old 02-17-10, 07:58 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by markolomew
Radio:
*scrolling text of song info (stock has this happening to all stations at once)
*favorite station set You mean presets? If you are on the station you like, you can hold down on any of the number slots and it will set that station as a favorite. Is that what you mean?
These are all great ideas Mark. If we can get a good list going, we can Email it to them and give them more direction/ideas. Thanks for the input!
Old 02-17-10, 08:46 AM
AntonPanch
Driver School Candidate

hello
I just installed the unit in my 2006 EURO Is 250
It looks and works perfect, but the main problem I have is the AIRbag light, I read a lot this topic and it was written that nobody with 2006 is250 have this problem, but I have.
As I found out the service guys didn't unplug the battery during the installation, my be this is the reason. Anyway what should I do, will service visit an ECU reset
Old 02-17-10, 09:07 AM
jpsilvia
Rookie

About the Microphone issue, I put mine in the dome light area. Behind the “grill” there is a piece of black felt (its very thin) I found its best to remove that felt and position the mic so that its pointing down, with the foam on it. I haven’t had any complaints wit this set up.
Old 02-17-10, 10:20 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Great post Mark, I've also been compiling my own list of bugs/issues and will post up later...
Originally Posted by markolomew
Let me know what you would like to see in the next software update. I am currently working on a list of fixes for the next update and would like your input. Here is what I have listed so far:

Boss key:
*quick button sequence to turn off screen (for cops or just to black out screen)
^This can be accomplished with the dimmer switch next to the DVD slot. It toggles between low/med/high/off.

Originally Posted by jpsilvia
About the Microphone issue, I put mine in the dome light area. Behind the “grill” there is a piece of black felt (its very thin) I found its best to remove that felt and position the mic so that its pointing down, with the foam on it. I haven’t had any complaints wit this set up.
In my original post I forgot to mention that I also removed that thin foam that covers the holes in the dome light - my microphone works great!

Javier
Old 02-17-10, 10:35 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

hello
I just installed the unit in my 2006 EURO Is 250
It looks and works perfect, but the main problem I have is the AIRbag light, I read a lot this topic and it was written that nobody with 2006 is250 have this problem, but I have.
As I found out the service guys didn't unplug the battery during the installation, my be this is the reason. Anyway what should I do, will service visit an ECU reset
Chances are it has nothing to do with the ECU or disconnecting the battery. Most likely it is the updated harness you need for the 07-09 IS 250/350's, but I could be wrong. You have a couple options:

1) Contact the retailer you purchased the unit from and ask them for the updated harness for the US model cars.

2) If they cannot get it for you, contact victord@flyaudio.us and ask him what he thinks. He might have a European contact for you.

3) It might not be the harness, it might be something else. Victor might be able to get you some additional resources for finding the solution!

Goodluck and let me know if there is anything else I can do!
Old 02-17-10, 11:01 PM
AntonPanch
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Automax
I switched off the battery, but nothing has changed, the airbag light is still lights.

As far as I got the Flyaudio found a decision for airbag light for US IS250 version? is it a software update or a kind of hardware? is it required to send the unit to china?
Old 02-18-10, 07:54 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Thanks Automax
I switched off the battery, but nothing has changed, the airbag light is still lights.

As far as I got the Flyaudio found a decision for airbag light for US IS250 version? is it a software update or a kind of hardware? is it required to send the unit to china?
FlyAudio has figured out a solution and it's an updated wiring harness that connects the FlyAudio unit to your Lexus. If this is the problem, you can request a new harness from:

1) whoever you bought the unit from
2) call or Email Victor at victord@flyaudio.us and ask him if he can help you get one

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350