Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-10, 07:40 PM
djsai
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys did anyone who have the system install the new harness. I installed it today and the airbag light issued is fixed but none on my ac heat functions work. Everything else works. Please help.
Old 02-23-10, 10:17 PM
AntonPanch
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys
I'm now testing my system, so I have some small questions about the hardware buttons:
1. What happens on your units when you press AV button while the music plays (doesn't metter radio or CDC), what will happen if you press AV button ones again?
2. What happens on your units when you press the climate button while the climate screen displays
3. What happens on your units when you press the DVD button while the DVD screen displays

When I turn off my car while the radio plays the radio switches to AM when I start the car, does everybody have such a bug or only me? What happens on your units when you press the climate button while the climate screen displays
Old 02-23-10, 11:13 PM
MotoX
Pole Position

Originally Posted by djsai
Hey guys did anyone who have the system install the new harness. I installed it today and the airbag light issued is fixed but none on my ac heat functions work. Everything else works. Please help.

I installed the new harness myself about two weeks ago. The AC/Heat are functional. Hope that help.
Old 02-23-10, 11:13 PM
Silec
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the new harness installed in my car and I'm not experiencing any issues what so ever.
Old 02-23-10, 11:17 PM
Silec
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Automax Service
Thanks Javier, that is a very comprehensive list. All of them are reasonable requests that I am confident will be addressed.
whenever you unplug your Ipod, the unit doesn't automatically switch to AM radio.
Old 02-24-10, 05:41 AM
djsai
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks guys, I guess I got a bad harness or something..
Old 02-24-10, 07:48 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Thanks guys, I guess I got a bad harness or something..
Sai, I have Emailed Victor and asked about your issue. I would contact whoever you purchased the unit from and Victor directly as well. Hopefully we can get you a solution soon!
Old 02-24-10, 02:49 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

For anyone on the fence, you should really install iGO8 instead of the Infogation Odyssey navigation software. It's REALLY nice. One of my favorite features is the 'city view' that shows the actual buildings in metropolitan areas....

Javier
Old 02-24-10, 07:04 PM
mISteRED
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by javyLSU
For anyone on the fence, you should really install iGO8 instead of the Infogation Odyssey navigation software. It's REALLY nice. One of my favorite features is the 'city view' that shows the actual buildings in metropolitan areas....

Javier
Javier,
The iGO8 maps look really nice, is it pretty stable on the Flyaudio system? Do you need to purchase the maps or can you download them and is it difficult to get it up and running? If it not too much of a pain I’d like to try it out.

TIA
Greg
Old 02-24-10, 07:19 PM
markolomew
Rookie

Javier
Tell me EXACTLY how you did it. I'm at my wits end bc every time I try to run it, it crashes. Help Help HELP. I'm getting uber frustrated. PM me.

here's what I have done so far:
downloaded igo8 (800x480), maps, poi, dem, lang, map, etc. from **************.com. Put everything in the correct folders and put them in the iGO8 folder on my microSD card. I go into NAVI and point the maps to iGO8.exe. When I click "Run Navigation" the iGO8 map displays the initializing screen for less than a second then brings me back to the search for the file screen. If I click "Run Navigation" again, a pop up comes on and tells me I'm a dumbass....wait, I mean it tells me that the iGO application has not fully shut down and to wait. Then the cycle repeats. Very irritating. Let me know some specifics guys, i'm going on a road trip on Friday and was really looking forward to trying this out.

Last edited by markolomew; 02-24-10 at 07:30 PM.
Old 02-24-10, 08:46 PM
MotoX
Pole Position

Javier
What version are you running?
Old 02-25-10, 09:30 AM
texasborn
Rookie

I installed my replacement harness this morning and everything seems to be working.
Old 02-25-10, 09:37 AM
djsai
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah my harness was bad. the black plug had a wire that was cut. I saw it yesterday and figuired that was the culprit.
Old 02-25-10, 09:46 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by texasborn
I installed my replacement harness this morning and everything seems to be working.
Awesome, great to hear. DJsai was the 1st person that I have heard had a problem with the new harness.

Yeah my harness was bad. the black plug had a wire that was cut. I saw it yesterday and figuired that was the culprit.
Glad to hear it got figured out!

Last edited by javyLSU; 02-25-10 at 11:13 AM.
Old 02-25-10, 11:28 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mISteRED
Javier,
The iGO8 maps look really nice, is it pretty stable on the Flyaudio system? Do you need to purchase the maps or can you download them and is it difficult to get it up and running? If it not too much of a pain I’d like to try it out.

TIA
Greg
It's very stable. The only thing I've discovered (because I've been installing a lot of things on the car lately) is that if you leave the card in and turn on/turn off the car a lot without letting the software fully load, it will not start the next time and you have to erase the "save" folder on the SD card to get it to load again. What I do now is pop out the miniSD card whenever I know I'll be turning on/turning off the power repeatedly. No problems whatsoever.

Originally Posted by markolomew
Tell me EXACTLY how you did it. I'm at my wits end bc every time I try to run it, it crashes. Help Help HELP. I'm getting uber frustrated. PM me.

here's what I have done so far:
downloaded igo8 (800x480), maps, poi, dem, lang, map, etc. from **************.com. Put everything in the correct folders and put them in the iGO8 folder on my microSD card. I go into NAVI and point the maps to iGO8.exe. When I click "Run Navigation" the iGO8 map displays the initializing screen for less than a second then brings me back to the search for the file screen. If I click "Run Navigation" again, a pop up comes on and tells me I'm a dumbass....wait, I mean it tells me that the iGO application has not fully shut down and to wait. Then the cycle repeats. Very irritating. Let me know some specifics guys, i'm going on a road trip on Friday and was really looking forward to trying this out.
I was in this exact same boat and getting ready to pull my hair out. I'm traveling through the weekend, but I'll PM you when I return on how I finally got it running.

Originally Posted by MotoX
What version are you running?
iGO 8.3.4.

Javier

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350