Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-10, 03:47 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by IceIridium
Thanks for the responses. Just to clarify though, the only way to play mp3 files on the USB drive is to select "DVD" on the main screen and then "USB MODE". Is that correct? Are there any other methods?
That's correct. You can also play mp3's off the microSD card.

Javier
Old 03-30-10, 04:56 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by javyLSU

Javier
How do I do that? Same steps? Is there a way to distinguish between making the system to play music off the USB vs music from the microSD?
Old 03-30-10, 05:02 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

I remember playing mp3's off the microSD card when I first installed the unit (I wanted to see if the navigation still ran while you were playing files from the card - it does). I'll have to check when I get to my car tonight - it's been a while and I don't exactly remember the process.

Javier
Old 03-30-10, 06:00 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mahcah
I just placed my order!
Awesome, thanks! It already shipped out so you should have it soon. Let me know if you have any questions!

Originally Posted by OH Nasty
Just placed mine too, can't wait!
Awesome, it shipped out as well. You should have it late this week or early next week.

Just had this installed and I got a couple questions for ya'll advanced Flyaudioers:

I've only spent a couple quick minutes on the Nav but so far it looks and feels fine. What are the main benefits if I were to go to the trouble of changing Nav software?

I have a USB drive that holds all my music in about 50 folders. Is there a way for me to set it up to play all the songs on the drive in random order? (I've only been able to get it to play sequentially in dvd mode but I have to navigate into a folder for it to start.)

Much appreciated for your help...
I responded to your PM. When I get back from vacation next week, I will play around with the system and try and find more ways to use the MP3 features on SD card and USB.

Originally Posted by javyLSU

Javier
A big thanks to Mark and Javier for all the time and energy they have spent on working with new mapping software. Club Lexus is very lucky to have such dedicated members who are making real progress with taking FlyAudio systems to the next level. Thank you!
Old 03-30-10, 06:33 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Originally Posted by Automax Service
A big thanks to Mark and Javier for all the time and energy they have spent on working with new mapping software. Club Lexus is very lucky to have such dedicated members who are making real progress with taking FlyAudio systems to the next level. Thank you!
You're quite welcome.

How do I do that? Same steps? Is there a way to distinguish between making the system to play music off the USB vs music from the microSD?
First you go to the main menu, and click the 'MP3' icon:

Once in the MP3 app, click on 'P/L' (playlist):

Which will bring to the file explorer where you can point to the folder you have your MP3's in.

Javier
Old 03-30-10, 08:31 PM
noliesss
Driver

Originally Posted by markolomew
Have you sucessfully created this .exe for TomTom or changed the maps in Garmin to fix this issue? Just wondering if you physically done this or if it's just an educated guess. Javy and I have both been working fairly hard on the Garmin and TomTom issues, so it would make both of us very happy to know there is a fix we can test and be done with! let me know please.
Yes, I created and exe that worked and changed the setting automatically. TomTom sucks though, no text to speech, no auto day/night color change, not enough pois.
Old 03-30-10, 08:34 PM
noliesss
Driver

tried everything but no go for Garmin.
Old 03-30-10, 09:05 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Success! Thanks to some collaboration with Mark, we've successfully got the Garmin running. Going through all the testing right now, but so far no crashes.

Javier
Old 03-31-10, 10:30 AM
phat167
Rookie

wow thats great news!! how is garmin compared to the igo8?
Old 03-31-10, 10:46 AM
markolomew
Rookie

Originally Posted by phat167
wow thats great news!! how is garmin compared to the igo8?
Garmin is almost the complete opposite of iGO8 in my opinion. iGO8 has tons of graphics and a sleek interface and ton of options where Garmin is extremely basic and has limited user options. The maps are nothing more than an arrow (or 3d car) and lines for roads. Don't get me wrong, the usability of Garmin is MUCH easier to navigate then with the iGO8, but it lacks the flash that iGO8 has. So far iGO8 is still the most solid, but the maps are more accurate and updated more on the Garmin presently. I am personally running Garmin right now, but that's only bc I have been testing it. On my SD card right now I have Garmin, iGO8, and an unstable TomTom right now. So it is possible to run more than one map on the sd card. If you go to Youtube, i'm sure you can see some Garmin interfaces to see what you think of it.
Old 03-31-10, 11:46 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

^What Mark said. I've NEVER had my iGO crash, and there are still a few routines that will cause the Garmin software to crash - Mark and I are currently troubleshooting that. As for a comparison between the Garmin and iGO software - iGO is MILES ahead of Garmin in my opinion. Like Mark said, Garmin is a tiny bit easier to use for some, but I actually find the iGO software easier to use than the Garmin (maybe it's because I've been using the iGO for some time and I'm simply more familiar with it). The garmin maps are not as nice as iGO's in my opinion, although Mark was impressed with how current the Garmin maps were. I haven't found any inaccuracies on the maps yet in Southern California, so they're pretty current for me. I've taken a few videos of the Garmin interface - I'll post some up tonight so you guys can see the difference in the menus and navigation interfaces.

Javier
Old 03-31-10, 04:14 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

That´s great news guys! I can´t wait to play with the Garmin maps when I get back!
Old 04-01-10, 11:12 AM
jay90011
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

hey guys just finished installing my nav yesterday and i got to say im very happy with it , Mat from automax sent it out to me and i am 100% happy to have bought it from him everything came in tact and all the hardware was right on to my vehicle .

My only question is where can i get the IGO8 from . I read through the 35 pages of this thread and found only one page that i can get it from which is **************.com . i was on their page about to purchase when i realized this is not American base web page and im not 100% percent about paying for something overseas. (i have had bad luck in the past ) Can anyone tell me where they got theirs from so i can update my maps to the most up to date ones or if that page is really legit .

Also how can i change the time on the Navi have not found away to change it yet ...

Thanks .
Old 04-01-10, 11:36 AM
mISteRED
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am curious about the IGO8 also, the **************.com site seems confusing. To get to the clock press setup and go to the "info" page then down on the right corner press the "auxil" button it's under there. Good choice going with Mat and Automax.
Old 04-01-10, 11:59 AM
jay90011
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks mISteREd for the info on changing the time .....

and also thanks markolomew for the info on getting the IGO will test it out later on ...

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350