Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-10, 02:49 PM
markolomew
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mISteRED
Just an FYI, I was surfing around the FlyAudio web site and found this link http://www.flyaudio.us/forum/13-gps-...ed-for-testing. I know nothing about the software but it might be somthing else to take a look at. I'm downloading it right now (it's going to take awhile 3.6GB) to see what it looks like.
Just ran the Testing Software...and at first I thought we really had something going on. It is a good blend of the iGo8's graphics and interface, but with the simplicity of the Garmin Maps. But after about 2 mins of pressing buttons and hearing this horrible beeping sound everytime I touched anything, i frantically started looking for a volume off button...or at least a turn down toggle or something. I never found it and was sweating from a beepful of a pain in my ears Beyond that, the resturant guide was a nice touch...and i loved how you could only search for different type of asian foods. It's nice to hit a poi and have it not crash (slam to garmin). I did also notice there is a button on the bottom right that has the windows logo on it that doesn't do anything but preform an amazing crash function to kill the program.

Over all, it's a million times better then the Odyssey Maps, but a million miles away from that of iGO8 or even the overall simplicity of Garmin.

Any other thoughts?
Old 04-03-10, 02:53 PM
MotoX
Pole Position

Just an FYI, I was surfing around the FlyAudio web site and found this link http://www.flyaudio.us/forum/13-gps-...ed-for-testing. I know nothing about the software but it might be somthing else to take a look at. I'm downloading it right now (it's going to take awhile 3.6GB) to see what it looks like.

Wow, I have been playing around with this software about ten minutes and so far I like it alot. Wonder when do we have the final version?
Old 04-05-10, 11:43 AM
markolomew
Rookie

Make some really big headway with the TomTom maps. I have it running fully stable minus one bug. Right now it works perfectly for about a minute of sitting idle, then freezes in place until you touch the screen or hit the buttons, then it starts going again. This can be fixed by changing the power setting in Win CE to not turn off after 1min, but swap to Never, but this is something that has to be fixed each time you boot up. There is a program called MortScript.exe that will allow for this fix...so that's what I'm working on now. I'll let you know when I figure it out, or if anyone else wants to help out too, let me know.
Old 04-05-10, 12:01 PM
markolomew
Rookie

I was just made aware of this. You all might want to check it out: http://www.autodvdgps.com/08-lexus-i...pms-p-553.html
Old 04-05-10, 01:21 PM
mushybreak
Driver

Interesting they have a TMPS option.
Old 04-06-10, 10:47 AM
markolomew
Rookie

TomTom is stable and completed.

Last edited by javyLSU; 04-06-10 at 11:15 AM.
Old 04-06-10, 11:20 AM
djsai
Lexus Test Driver

^^Wonderfull. YAY
Old 04-06-10, 11:59 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by markolomew
I was just made aware of this. You all might want to check it out: http://www.autodvdgps.com/08-lexus-i...pms-p-553.html
There are alot of overseas retailers selling the same FlyAudio products for what appears to be less expensive. It is not less expensive at the end of the day. They charge over $150 for shipping, + import taxes into the US, and then all you are left with is the product (no support and no warranty). I have had people call me that purchased from that site as well as others who want the updated harness for the airbag light, updates for the GPS, or just have questions, and unfortunately there is no much I can do for them. Victor at FlyAudio has made it very clear that they will not honor any warranty claims for serial numbers that they did not sell thru an authorized retailer in the US.

There are a number of retailers selling the product for less, a quick Google search will show that. Even some US retailers dont list FlyAudio as the name of the product, I have seen them on eBay saying that they are OEM navigation systems. All of my clients seem more than happy with the price they paid and they see the value in the warranty, the service we provide, and the overal quality of FlyAudio products.

Plus, alot of those sites say they have the product, and they have to order it from someone else, so they don't even really carry most of the products.
Old 04-06-10, 12:00 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mushybreak
Interesting they have a TMPS option.
They have the TPMS option for Asian market cars, same as FlyAudio (it is the same product). They just aren't aware that it doesn't work on US vehicles yet. FlyAudio is working on it.
Old 04-07-10, 10:55 AM
mISteRED
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Igo8

I was wondering if some of the IGO8 gurus could help me with an issue I am having with the IGO8 gps software. I was able to get everything I needed to load and get it up and running with the help of Markolomew. The problem I am having is I will set the time zone to mountain and it will lose that setting and go to GMT Casablanca every time the car is turned off. All the other settings seem to be good only the time zone setting is messing up. Anybody have any ideas?
Old 04-07-10, 11:45 AM
djsai
Lexus Test Driver

Do you have the gps cold start on or off? I think on usually picks up the settings of where the car was left before last time used. Idk I am not sure.
Old 04-07-10, 12:07 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

I was wondering if some of the IGO8 gurus could help me with an issue I am having with the IGO8 gps software. I was able to get everything I needed to load and get it up and running with the help of Markolomew. The problem I am having is I will set the time zone to mountain and it will lose that setting and go to GMT Casablanca every time the car is turned off. All the other settings seem to be good only the time zone setting is messing up. Anybody have any ideas?
iGO is apparently having difficulty writing to your saved settings file. Delete the 'save' folder on your card and then restart iGO. You'll have to set all your preferences again, but this will force the program to recreate the 'save' folder, where all of your preferences are saved. Good luck!

Javier
Old 04-07-10, 01:16 PM
mISteRED
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by javyLSU
iGO is apparently having difficulty writing to your saved settings file. Delete the 'save' folder on your card and then restart iGO. You'll have to set all your preferences again, but this will force the program to recreate the 'save' folder, where all of your preferences are saved. Good luck!

Javier
Thanks, I'll give that a try.
Old 04-07-10, 03:51 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

It doesn't seem like this unit can play mp3's from a usb drive in random mode. It plays when the music is in the microSD card, but I seem to get occasional "blips" every 2 or 3 tracks where the sound gets distorted for a half-a-second then returns to normal. Does anybody else get this?
Old 04-07-10, 07:31 PM
jbounnoi
Lead Lap

any updates on the firmware update?
im looking forward to a ipod update..

i skipped out on last update that came out 4 months ago.. for people that had the update was it worth updating? or no?

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350