Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-10, 04:11 AM
Jomster
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if it's possible to integrate the OEM Lexus backup camera? Has anyone been able to do it?

The camera they supplied is quite large which I don't want to drill into my bumper.
I would prefer the discreet OEM one as it's less noticeable.

Any thoughts?
Old 04-08-10, 05:58 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

You're going to need the OEM trunk lid piece that has the cutout for the rear view cam. You're also going to need the OEM backup cam, which is ridiculously expensive unless you can find one used on ebay or the like. And all that's IF it works with the FlyAudio unit - you're better off looking for smaller aftermarket backup cam. The one AutoMax gave me isn't nearly as large as some of the ones I've seen packed by some of the other retailers of the FlyAudio system.

Javier
Old 04-08-10, 06:56 AM
quintmann
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ yeah I bet ur talking about my camera Javy hahaha it's huge...I hate it but atleast it's black on a dark car
Old 04-08-10, 02:56 PM
ccsp
Driver School Candidate

for anyone who is interested to obtain an EVALUATION copy of iGo8 (/w latest maps) and Tomtom, please pm me for the download link

special thanks to markolomew for providing us a stable version of TomTom
Old 04-08-10, 05:21 PM
Jomster
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by javyLSU
You're going to need the OEM trunk lid piece that has the cutout for the rear view cam. You're also going to need the OEM backup cam, which is ridiculously expensive unless you can find one used on ebay or the like. And all that's IF it works with the FlyAudio unit - you're better off looking for smaller aftermarket backup cam. The one AutoMax gave me isn't nearly as large as some of the ones I've seen packed by some of the other retailers of the FlyAudio system.

Javier
Hi Javier

Do you happen to have a photo of your camera on the car? I might consider one if Automax if they supply them.

I'm in Australia and I haven't been able to find a "small" adequate camera. The ones on ebay are not discreet.
Old 04-08-10, 05:54 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jomster
Hi Javier

Do you happen to have a photo of your camera on the car? I might consider one if Automax if they supply them.

I'm in Australia and I haven't been able to find a "small" adequate camera. The ones on ebay are not discreet.
The camera is more discreet than alot of the ones I have seen. I think the quality of the picture is great. Maybe it's just the display screen on the FlyAudio that's great.
Old 04-08-10, 06:44 PM
markolomew
Rookie

Finished my retro-game mod for the Fly Audio. Sorry my game playing skills aren't up to par in the video, but it is hard to play and film at the same time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBihf37YXZ4

Last edited by markolomew; 04-08-10 at 06:54 PM.
Old 04-08-10, 06:57 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Originally Posted by Jomster
Hi Javier

Hopefully I'll have pics of BOTH of my cameras installed soon. Until then this is all I have - sorry for the quality - they're iPhone pics...

I've seen the OEM camera, and it's larger than the one I got from AutoMax. The OEM camera just looks smaller because it's counter-sunk into the trunk lid. You could do this with your trunk lid too - in fact it's something I'm going to tackle a bit later this year.
Originally Posted by markolomew
Finished my retro-game mod for the Fly Audio. Sorry my game playing skills aren't up to par in the video, but it is hard to play and film at the same time

Sweet Mark!!!
Old 04-08-10, 07:54 PM
DLam
Lead Lap

javy, did you drill the camera in the car and drilled to get the cable through?
Old 04-08-10, 09:13 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Yup, I passed the cable through the trunk lid. Later I want to counter-sink the camera into the lid.

Javier
Old 04-09-10, 01:18 AM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I quite like my camera. A lot more work to get this thing mounted than some other cameras but I think the result looks very OEM...

(Dirty car pics... rained today. )

Old 04-09-10, 05:47 AM
Jomster
Driver School Candidate

Javy - thanks for uploading those photos. The camera I got is roughly the same size as yours. However it doesn't come with a bracket of it's own as it's one of those flush mounted drill into the bumper ones.
I know I am a bit picky arent I? :P

IceIridium - I actually like your camera - Looks more discreet and neat. Do you mind me asking how much your got it for and where you got it from?
Old 04-09-10, 08:01 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by markolomew

Awesome Mark! I have been waiting to see how the games look on the screen and they look great!

Yup, I passed the cable through the trunk lid. Later I want to counter-sink the camera into the lid.

Javier
Gangster!

Originally Posted by IceIridium
I quite like my camera. A lot more work to get this thing mounted than some other cameras but I think the result looks very OEM...

(Dirty car pics... rained today. )

Wil, you are probably one of the few clients who has the FlyAudio installed on the IS F. It's great to see how flush it sits with the dash! Everytime I see one installed it still impresses me how clean it is.

I am so jealous, Nick (the Lexus technician at our shop) is installing a FlyAudio (generic unit) in his Jeep Grand Cherokee. I am so bummed that I don't get one in my car.
Old 04-09-10, 10:15 AM
mISteRED
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

iGO is apparently having difficulty writing to your saved settings file. Delete the 'save' folder on your card and then restart iGO. You'll have to set all your preferences again, but this will force the program to recreate the 'save' folder, where all of your preferences are saved. Good luck!

Javier
Javier,

I just wanted to let you know that deleting the saved folder worked. It has kept the correct time for a couple of days now. Thanks for your help.

Greg
Old 04-09-10, 10:23 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

^Great, glad it worked!

Javier

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350