Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-10, 11:52 AM
mISteRED
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default IGO8 3D cars

I have another question for the IGO8 guys about the 3D cars. How do you change them, I have a white car showing instead of the arrow but I don’t know how or where to change it. I am guessing that I need to change the sys.txt file. I have tried reading about it on the ************** site but I still can’t figure it out. Besides the learning curve that I'm going thru the IGO8 software is really nice.
Old 04-09-10, 12:03 PM
markolomew
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mISteRED
I have another question for the IGO8 guys about the 3D cars. How do you change them, I have a white car showing instead of the arrow but I don’t know how or where to change it. I am guessing that I need to change the sys.txt file. I have tried reading about it on the ************** site but I still can’t figure it out. Besides the learning curve that I'm going thru the IGO8 software is really nice.
To get back the arrow:

In the root folder of your iGO8 folder create a temp file to store files that we don't want to use ...don't delete them bc maybe you'll want them later on. I called my folder "old". In this folder create two more folder as a reference for the folder we are going to take files out of so you'll know where to put them back if you choose to. Make one called "gfx" and the other "texture". Go to the main "igo8.3" folder on your sd card, then "content", then "texture". Move "car_goose.tex", "car_green.tex", "car_grey.tex", and "car.tex" to the "texture" folder you created in the "old" folder.
Now go back to the "igo8.3" folder, then click on the "gfx" folder. Move "car_ghost.mdl", "car_grey.mdl", "car_night.mdl", and "car.mdl" to the "gfx" folder you created in the "old" folder.

If you don't want the arrow but another car, just find which one you want and exchange it's files for the .tex and .mdl files and you're gold.
Old 04-09-10, 02:02 PM
mISteRED
Rookie

Originally Posted by markolomew
To get back the arrow:

In the root folder of your iGO8 folder create a temp file to store files that we don't want to use ...don't delete them bc maybe you'll want them later on. I called my folder "old". In this folder create two more folder as a reference for the folder we are going to take files out of so you'll know where to put them back if you choose to. Make one called "gfx" and the other "texture". Go to the main "igo8.3" folder on your sd card, then "content", then "texture". Move "car_goose.tex", "car_green.tex", "car_grey.tex", and "car.tex" to the "texture" folder you created in the "old" folder.
Now go back to the "igo8.3" folder, then click on the "gfx" folder. Move "car_ghost.mdl", "car_grey.mdl", "car_night.mdl", and "car.mdl" to the "gfx" folder you created in the "old" folder.

If you don't want the arrow but another car, just find which one you want and exchange it's files for the .tex and .mdl files and you're gold.
So to pick a different car I look at the bmp files find somthing I like and then go to the folders and grab all the .tex and .mdl files for that car that are in the 3D car folder and then put them in the texture and gfx folders? It looks like there are different amounts of files for the different cars, the taxi only has one file each where some of the other cars have three or more files. Sorry for all the questions but this is all new to me.
Old 04-09-10, 02:48 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jomster
IceIridium - I actually like your camera - Looks more discreet and neat. Do you mind me asking how much your got it for and where you got it from?
eBay! I browsed through the pages and pages of backup cameras until I found one that looks OEM enough. About $40 if I remember correctly.

One advice about it: This particular one I got was designed to replace one of the license plate lights, not dead center, so when mounting, I had to angle it slightly to have the image centered.

Here's me and my buddy having a bit of fun with it... lol

Old 04-10-10, 06:01 PM
markolomew
Rookie

iGO8 question: I have the iGO8 version installed right now that has the mod on it that only shows the streets in a pop up bubble above the streets. I don't want this. I want the 3d view to show all the streets names on the streets, anyone know how to get back to this or just rig it to make it work?
Old 04-10-10, 07:51 PM
mISteRED
Rookie

Originally Posted by markolomew
iGO8 question: I have the iGO8 version installed right now that has the mod on it that only shows the streets in a pop up bubble above the streets. I don't want this. I want the 3d view to show all the streets names on the streets, anyone know how to get back to this or just rig it to make it work?
I found this on the ************** site, try adding it to the sys.txt file. I'm not sure if it gets rid of the balloons only or all of the street info.

[3d_config]
disable_roadsign_navigation_mode=1
; 0 = balloons shown, 1 = no balloons
Old 04-11-10, 11:48 AM
markolomew
Rookie

Originally Posted by mISteRED
I found this on the ************** site, try adding it to the sys.txt file. I'm not sure if it gets rid of the balloons only or all of the street info.

[3d_config]
disable_roadsign_navigation_mode=1
; 0 = balloons shown, 1 = no balloons
That did the trick. good eye.
Old 04-11-10, 10:16 PM
2006Onyx
Driver School Candidate

I just got one of these over the weekend - I'm local to AutoMax so I went down there and bought one in person. Mat's a great guy and they have a great setup there.

I installed it yesterday and I see some other people are playing with a few different mapping programs. Has anybody tried tweaking the Odyssey ones that come with it?

I read back some pages and people were talking about different mapping programs using different resolutions. Is the Odyssey ones using the full resolution, or is it low res? What about iGo, it seems like that is the favorite so far.

Thanks

(I'm new here as well, I drive a 2006 Onyx IS350)
Old 04-11-10, 10:23 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2006Onyx
I just got one of these over the weekend - I'm local to AutoMax so I went down there and bought one in person. Mat's a great guy and they have a great setup there.

I installed it yesterday and I see some other people are playing with a few different mapping programs. Has anybody tried tweaking the Odyssey ones that come with it?

I read back some pages and people were talking about different mapping programs using different resolutions. Is the Odyssey ones using the full resolution, or is it low res? What about iGo, it seems like that is the favorite so far.

Thanks

(I'm new here as well, I drive a 2006 Onyx IS350)
Hey Jeff, welcome to Club Lexus. It was great meeting you and your wife on Saturday morning.

Glad to hear that the install went well!

I haven't heard of anyone tweaking the Odyssey maps, but that doesn't mean that no one has tried. What I would recommend (if you are going to attempt to change it), I would keep the original file on the mini SD card. Once it is modified (off of the SD card), it is difficult to get back onto the SD card.

I would buy a separate mini SD card and play with the modified version on that.

The Odyssey maps are using the full high resolution of 800x480. Earlier, before the GPS update in January, there was a lower resolution map software that came with the system.

Thanks to a few of the members here, iGo8 and other mapping software is available. Everyone has a favorite, but the iGo8 is definitely more widely used.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I hope you are enjoying the new FlyAudio!
Old 04-12-10, 01:09 AM
ItWasntMe
Rookie

I also just got one over the weekend at AutoMax. Mat's a great guy and they have excellent service there.
Old 04-12-10, 07:43 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ItWasntMe
I also just got one over the weekend at AutoMax. Mat's a great guy and they have excellent service there.
Thanks Brian! Hope you are enjoying the FlyAudio system!
Old 04-12-10, 05:10 PM
ItWasntMe
Rookie

Mat, I love the system. Thanks!
Old 04-12-10, 06:33 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Mat, I love the system. Thanks!
Great to hear! Let me know if you have any questions!
Old 04-12-10, 07:40 PM
ItWasntMe
Rookie

Hey guys,

I just got the Fly Audio system over the weekend and I'm having a minor problem. I have the screen set to medium brightness and everytime I start the car it goes back to brightest. How do keep it at the medium brightest?

Thanks
Old 04-13-10, 10:34 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Hey guys,

I just got the Fly Audio system over the weekend and I'm having a minor problem. I have the screen set to medium brightness and everytime I start the car it goes back to brightest. How do keep it at the medium brightest?

Thanks
If you go into the settings and select "Auto Dimming" and turn that feature "Off," that should maintain the settings when you turn the car off. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350