Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-10, 10:49 AM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by javyLSU
I'm not sure I understand you... When you turn your A/C all the way towards cold, that's when you say it maxes out at 64? Because that's what happenens (and has always happened) in mine. If you turn it all the way down (cold) it just goes into 'HI' mode and the fan blows on max with the A/C on.

Javier
Sorry I didn't explain it that well... (And a typo on my post... 62 not 64 is the max.)

The temperature range I can choose on my flyaudio according to the display is 34 F to 62 F. Below that it goes into "Lo" mode. Above that it goes into "Hi" mode. While I can certainly understand not needing to go below 32 F (freezing mark!) I don't get why it stops at 62, which is barely room temperature. But the other issue is the fact the temperature is not reading right in the first place. Anything above 45 F I can really feel the heater coming on.
Old 04-15-10, 11:55 AM
markolomew
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you might want to try re-installing the latest bios. It sounds like your software isn't reading right, so when in doubt, update it.
Old 04-15-10, 05:29 PM
supaIS350
Lead Lap

Yea, that's not right. Mine goes from 63F to 83F
Old 04-15-10, 06:07 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by markolomew
you might want to try re-installing the latest bios. It sounds like your software isn't reading right, so when in doubt, update it.
The last bios update allowed for the correct radio frequency ranges and changed the temp to F, right? Has there been a newer update since then? If not, my bios should be updated since it has those updates.

But just in case, is there a way to check what bios version I'm running?

tia.
Old 04-16-10, 07:07 AM
markolomew
Rookie

there is a "how to" video outlining all the steps and processes for updating BIOS and what to look for here:
http://flyaudio.us/forum/16-download...-e8039-a-e8041

This might not be your solution, but its is definitely and option to try since it will not hurt anything by re-updating. When I got my system, my BIOS updates weren't fully functional as well and had to re-install it a few time to get it finally to take.

Just make sure you have a Windows PC, Mac's with windows on it DO NOT WORK. I found this all out the hard way. If it still doesn't work after this, I would suggest returning it and exchanging. You just might have a lemon.
Old 04-16-10, 09:14 PM
Pearl250
Rookie

I just got mine installed today and mine also maxes out at 62 then just goes to high. but as for the temp itself its hot. but i was messing around with the unit and if you go into Menu>Info>TMPS>there is a option for temp. now i didn't attempt to change it yet. I will try and let you know what happens.

Originally Posted by IceIridium
Going back to the temperature question for a moment... Sorry but it's bugging me... I found out today my temp maxes out at 64 and then it just goes into "hi" mode. That can't be right, that's only 17.8 deg C! Strange that none of you have this issue... Any theories from the software gurus as to why? Something I can change in the windows CE o/s?

Need help plz!!
now i have one more question. is the unit suppose to play burnt dvd's ? Cuz when i try to play burn dvd's with the .avi format it only plays the sounds but no image. is this right or my unit has an issue?

Last edited by Pearl250; 04-16-10 at 09:22 PM.
Old 04-16-10, 11:05 PM
ccsp
Driver School Candidate

my best guess is our Canadian IS has a different temperature sensor than the US's one, it gives out the temp. in C , but somehow FlyAudio reads it as F.
Old 04-16-10, 11:24 PM
Pearl250
Rookie

its possible. cuz it seems like its only happening to ppl in Vancouver lol.
Old 04-18-10, 08:19 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

I got a lot of PM's about the camera I got for my flyaudio.

I went though my old ebay history and found the current listing: 220579622668.

But remember a couple of things: You need to cut a square hole in between the license plate lights and you need to mount at a slight angle for it to view straight. It's a lot more work than mounting a conventional camera held on by a mounting bracket. Don't say I didn't warn you!
Old 04-18-10, 09:48 PM
f0rsaker
Driver School Candidate

Has anyone tried to use a license plate camera?? like this one ??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BOYO-...ht_4566wt_1088
Old 04-19-10, 01:03 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Yet another issue that came up for me... lol

I just got a new Ipod nano (newest gen) to play mp3's on the flyaudio. I was told the flyaudio charges the Ipod too so I can leave the Ipod in the car constantly. It was playing without problems for a few days, then it stopped. I checked the Ipod, and the battery was drained.

Anybody else with problems charging an Ipod with the flyaudio? Anything else I need to do on the flyaudio besides the "ipod on" in the settings?

tia ... again.
Old 04-19-10, 01:13 PM
rule1223
Lexus Test Driver

any news on the air bag light yet?
Old 04-19-10, 01:28 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by IceIridium
Yet another issue that came up for me... lol

I just got a new Ipod nano (newest gen) to play mp3's on the flyaudio. I was told the flyaudio charges the Ipod too so I can leave the Ipod in the car constantly. It was playing without problems for a few days, then it stopped. I checked the Ipod, and the battery was drained.

Anybody else with problems charging an Ipod with the flyaudio? Anything else I need to do on the flyaudio besides the "ipod on" in the settings?

tia ... again.
My iPhone charges without issue. I hope you didn't get a lemon...

Javier
Old 04-19-10, 02:30 PM
MotoX
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rule1223
any news on the air bag light yet?

That have been resolved long ago my friend.
Old 04-21-10, 08:16 AM
mrraider
Pole Position

Just got mine put in, with backup camera and the whole kit.

I can confirm the temperature bug. I get 34 to 63 or some such as my range. It seems to affect Canadian IS owners only. I assume it will be addressed in the next update.

Until then, it seems that it's about twice the value in celsius being displayed. So leave mine at 46, which is about 23C.

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350