Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-10, 10:39 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are some screen shots with the TomTom software loaded. Just another option to choose from. Thanks to the Club Lexus members who are making these mapping solutions possible. The TomTom is big with our overseas clients!

Name:  IMG_0023.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  28.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0025.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  32.2 KB
Old 04-21-10, 11:12 AM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

So no more glitches with Tomtom software?

If not, please send me the instructions to get this!!
Old 04-21-10, 01:04 PM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

any update about having the fly audio system linked the the steering wheel controls to pick up phone calls on ISs without bluetooth installed and already with the controls?

and what happens to the bottom oem cd player?
can you still play cds from it ?

Last edited by panda327; 04-21-10 at 01:48 PM.
Old 04-21-10, 02:39 PM
Pearl250
Rookie

Originally Posted by panda327
and what happens to the bottom oem cd player?
can you still play cds from it ?
still functions as it did before. and now you can see how many cd's u have loaded on the screen.
Old 04-22-10, 11:21 AM
mrraider
Pole Position

Are people preferring the Tom Tom to the igo8? I had Tom Tom for Palm OS a few years ago and while I really like the interface, I found the Canadian maps to be lacking. I'm still using odyssey for now, while I try to find where I put by micro SD cards!
Old 04-22-10, 11:24 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mrraider
Are people preferring the Tom Tom to the igo8? I had Tom Tom for Palm OS a few years ago and while I really like the interface, I found the Canadian maps to be lacking. I'm still using odyssey for now, while I try to find where I put by micro SD cards!
I prefer the iGo8 to the TomTom. I would rather have the infogation maps that come with the system over the TomTom, I just don't like the way it looks. It's all an opinion though. The nice part is you can try them all out and pick which one you like.
Old 04-22-10, 01:52 PM
cda888
Driver School Candidate

Default Where to get this installed?

I have read this thread but it is so long now that I can't bring myself to re-read it for this info: I live in Utah. Where can I get this unit installed?
Old 04-22-10, 02:15 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

There are two places in Utah that I could recommend.

One from FlyAudio's website:

California Audio
4219 West 3500 South
West Valley City, UT. 84120
801-967-0303

This place I have heard of, so it might be worth checking out:

T&A Tint & Accessories
1771 S 900 W #50
Salt Lake City, UT. 84104
801-832-9999

If you want additional help finding a place, let me know, I'd be happy to help find you a good facility.

Mat
Old 04-22-10, 08:10 PM
Pearl250
Rookie

I have a question. i have the Igo8 on my memory stick but how do i load to my unit? i wana try it out instead of the original maps that came with the fly audio unit.
Old 04-23-10, 12:47 AM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Pearl250
I have a question. i have the Igo8 on my memory stick but how do i load to my unit? i wana try it out instead of the original maps that came with the fly audio unit.
I just started using iGo8 now on my flyaudio today. (Thanks Mat!) Getting it to run on flyaudio was much simpler than I expected: Copy all the files into a microSD in the root directory (not in a folder). Insert card into slot. Turn on car, go into Nav mode. After a few seconds of it trying to find the original program it will give up and show an error message "directory not found" -or something. Then it will show the original Odyssey pathway link. Click "browse" and it will show the contents of the microSD. Click into "iGo8" and select "igo8.exe". Make sure the "always run from this path" box is checked and click "run".

I suggest doing this on another microSD card rather than the original one from flyaudio in case you need to go back to Odyssey for any reason. I tried copying Odyssey into another card but it won't work, so if you delete or move it from the original card you'll never be able to use it again.

iGo8 has a very pretty interface and I find its scrolling smoother than Odyssey or my standalone Garmin unit. It seems to give better directions than Odyssey too. Two things I wish it had are 1) clock on the main map screen and 2) direction arrows in the POI search results.

Too bad I couldn't try Tomtom as the version I got ran smoothly but didn't have Canada maps...
Old 04-23-10, 07:02 AM
mrraider
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IceIridium
I suggest doing this on another microSD card rather than the original one from flyaudio in case you need to go back to Odyssey for any reason. I tried copying Odyssey into another card but it won't work, so if you delete or move it from the original card you'll never be able to use it again.
I tried also to copy odyssey to another SD card, and like you, I get a database error. I'm guessing it looks at the time stamps on the file of the original SD card. Hopefully my original SD card is still intact I can reload it back today!

For people using igo8, is it the full 800x480 resolution?
Old 04-23-10, 07:46 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

I just started using iGo8 now on my flyaudio today. (Thanks Mat!) Getting it to run on flyaudio was much simpler than I expected: Copy all the files into a microSD in the root directory (not in a folder)...
Glad you got iGo up and running - I think you'll really enjoy it. I noticed you copied all your files to the root of the card - you don't have an 'iGO8' folder on the card that contains all the iGO files? If you got your version from Mat, all of your files iGO files should be in a folder (that's where the sys.txt is set up to look for all the files).
I suggest doing this on another microSD card rather than the original one from flyaudio in case you need to go back to Odyssey for any reason. I tried copying Odyssey into another card but it won't work, so if you delete or move it from the original card you'll never be able to use it again...
I tried also to copy odyssey to another SD card, and like you, I get a database error. I'm guessing it looks at the time stamps on the file of the original SD card...
I've copied the Odyssey software to several cards without any problems. It's been a while since I ran this software, but if I recall correctly you can't do a simple copy & paste, you have to format the microSD card and then copy the original contents of the card (to ensure there are no fragment files the program might reference on the card). Anyway, once you start using any of the other navigation softwares you won't be using Odyssey anymore...

...Two things I wish it had are 1) clock on the main map screen...
If you touch the portion of the map screen that shows the compass, speed, etc., this will take you to a screen that allows you to choose which fields you want to see. I de-selected one of the fields and replaced it with GPS time. Problem solved.
For people using igo8, is it the full 800x480 resolution?
It sure is...

Javier
Old 04-23-10, 08:32 AM
funglenn
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by carchitect
I'm glad you've enjoyed your purchase and it seems like a decent solution for non-navi ISx50 models.

However, I have to contradict this unit being superior to the OEM nav. OEM Denso Gen V nav is amazing and I prefer it to any other navigation system out there. Its bug free and everything is integrated into it (park assist, DVD playback, climate control, back up camera, Sirius/XM, etc.). Denso Gen V nav is the reason why I went with the Eclipse AVN-6620 for my MKIV Supra.

OEM nav was about $2550 as a Lexus OEM option. ML audio and Nav was $4K since it uses different components for the entire audio system and 6 disc indash DVD player also has video out. This unit is $2K so there isn't much of an advantage in going with this unit unless you've purchased your vehicle used w/o the OEM nav.
Let me ask a dumb newbie question--does the factory Nav system play regular video DVDs? If so where do you put the video DVD? I have not had the car very long as you can tell.

Thanks
Old 04-23-10, 09:34 AM
2006Onyx
Driver School Candidate

I'm not sure on the ML system, but the regular Nav has a CD-Changer. The DVD slot for the factory GPS is in the console. It's hidden by a faceplate if I remember correctly.

Wow, iGo8 really looks nice. Anybody know where you can get it for a good price?
Old 04-23-10, 09:52 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by funglenn
Let me ask a dumb newbie question--does the factory Nav system play regular video DVDs? If so where do you put the video DVD? I have not had the car very long as you can tell.

Thanks
I believe you must have the Mark Levinson package to play video DVDs. The 6-disc changer is the DVD player, so you would insert the disc you want to play in that slot. The GPS disc DVD slot is hidden by the clock faceplate as 2006Onyx mentioned. There are special tools inside the spare tire kit in the trunk that are needed to remove it.

Javier

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350