Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-10, 11:30 AM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for the tip, Javy! I'll try it. BTW, what's the purpose of that little white car icon on the bottom left of the screen on iGo8?
Old 04-23-10, 12:14 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

You can select what type of vehicle you're traveling in - car, boat, bus, etc...

Javier
Old 04-23-10, 12:25 PM
ItWasntMe
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Javier,

Is that the 3d map you have on the screen and how did you display the buildings? Also does iGo tell say the street names when using the navigation? I plan to switch to iGo from Odyssey this weekend.

Thanks
Old 04-23-10, 12:52 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I tried pressing that area to change the display. The 3 white dots in that screen are whats to show on the map screen right? I changed the dot locations to what I want shown but it's still not changing that part of the map screen. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Old 04-23-10, 02:59 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ItWasntMe
Hey Javier,

Is that the 3d map you have on the screen and how did you display the buildings? Also does iGo tell say the street names when using the navigation? I plan to switch to iGo from Odyssey this weekend.

Thanks
Yes, that's the 3D view. Be aware though that there are separate 3D buildings file you have to copy on to the card to display 3D buildings, those are not included in the base maps.

Originally Posted by IceIridium
I tried pressing that area to change the display. The 3 white dots in that screen are whats to show on the map screen right? I changed the dot locations to what I want shown but it's still not changing that part of the map screen. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
That's weird. I was able to change my display to show the GPS time on the map...

Javier
Old 04-23-10, 04:36 PM
ItWasntMe
Rookie

Where would I get the 3d building file?
Old 04-23-10, 08:12 PM
ItWasntMe
Rookie

^^To have the outer buttons light up, hit the setup button and make sure the auto dimming icon is set to "on"
Old 04-24-10, 05:28 AM
mrraider
Pole Position

The panel on the side of the driver side dash, that's between the door and the dash isn't snapping back in to place right, and the rattling is driving nuts. Anyone know how to oull it out and snap it back right?
Old 04-25-10, 06:10 PM
ItWasntMe
Rookie

I just installed the iGo but everytime I start the car the clock is off by an hour. Does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks
Old 04-26-10, 03:29 AM
Pearl250
Rookie

Originally Posted by ItWasntMe
I just installed the iGo but everytime I start the car the clock is off by an hour. Does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks
I have the same problem. the clock is always off even when i fix it back.

Im also having a problem with the reception. every time i start up the car it takes like almost 5 mins for the GPS to find a signal. I dono if anyone else has the same problem with Igo8. It was fine with the original software.
Old 04-26-10, 05:34 AM
mrraider
Pole Position

Has anyone found a way to speed up the start up time of ig8? Odyssey was pretty lame, but it would start up quick. I'm thinking of dumping the speedcam directory since it has no canadian entries.
Old 04-26-10, 07:52 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Pearl250
Im also having a problem with the reception. every time i start up the car it takes like almost 5 mins for the GPS to find a signal. I dono if anyone else has the same problem with Igo8. It was fine with the original software.
Sometimes the GPS antenna get's shifted just the littlest bit and it can affect the signal strength. Nick, our technician, installed a universal FlyAudio in his vehicle and he didn't secure the GPS antenna down for the 1st couple of weeks on the dash and he was getting horrible reception because it would shift around. Once he secured it down to the dash, no more problems.
Old 04-26-10, 03:30 PM
mrraider
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Automax Service
Sometimes the GPS antenna get's shifted just the littlest bit and it can affect the signal strength. Nick, our technician, installed a universal FlyAudio in his vehicle and he didn't secure the GPS antenna down for the 1st couple of weeks on the dash and he was getting horrible reception because it would shift around. Once he secured it down to the dash, no more problems.
You mean the connection at the back of the unit or the other end that was mounted on the rear deck?
Old 04-26-10, 03:34 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mrraider
You mean the connection at the back of the unit or the other end that was mounted on the rear deck?
The actual antenna mounted in the rear deck. Make sure it's secure and in an open window with good visibility.
Old 04-27-10, 01:35 PM
DLam
Lead Lap

i too have problem with the clock using igo8, when i start it up each time the clock is off by an hour. any fix to this?

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350