Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-10, 05:46 PM
NemeGuero
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as long as the angle of the camera is maintained it should be fine. (and make sure you can get wiring to it)

I agree it is huge but people don't really notice it. Its only because you know its there that it sticks out so much.
Old 05-19-10, 02:18 PM
BoOst3d
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I have my unit installed and huge thanks to Matt and everyone at Automax for the customer service on the questions I had here and there about things.

Now where do I get the iGo8 files and what not?

Thanks
Old 05-21-10, 05:56 AM
swyner
Driver School Candidate

Default iGO8

Same question about where to get HD version of iGO8? I PM'd a couple of guys but no response yet. Assuming someone can share?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by BoOst3d
Ok, I have my unit installed and huge thanks to Matt and everyone at Automax for the customer service on the questions I had here and there about things.

Thanks
Old 05-21-10, 07:09 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks
Was the installation pretty straight forward? I'm trying to get my wife to buy this for me as a gift .
Old 05-21-10, 12:58 PM
DLam
Lead Lap

yea the install is pretty straight forward. theres a DIY thread on the install
Old 05-21-10, 01:10 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DLam
yea the install is pretty straight forward. theres a DIY thread on the install
I would say about 90% of our clients install these at home with the help of a friend. I am always around to provide support, so just let me know if you need any help. Thanks!

Click here for DIY thread!
Old 05-26-10, 01:44 PM
BoOst3d
Lead Lap

I dont like the fact that the iPod integration is pretty much nonexistent, my AM stations are off when the system starts up, no music when you reverse, you can't play your songs randomly from your USB, and a few other things. So far I like the system.

Also, how do you get iGo8 to save all your settings. I hate it when its says "you are speeding" and having to set my clock to the right time zone each time.
Old 05-26-10, 04:27 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I had no intention of using the speed limit warning (cus it'd be beeping constantly. heh.) but one funny thing I found about iGo8... it's reading the speed limit in Canada as mph and converting it into km/h so for instance on in-town highways with a 100km/h limit it's showing a 162 km/h speed limit! So similarly city roads are suddenly 80km/h and interior rural highways would then be 178 km/h speed limit!! woohoo!!
Old 05-26-10, 07:32 PM
Wicked GS
Lead Lap

I got mine an install time was literally 30-40min max. My brother in-law installs them at his job an even he was amazed by the unit. to Matt an everyone else at AutoMaxService ....
Old 05-26-10, 08:11 PM
mushybreak
Driver

Originally Posted by Blu SC3
I got mine an install time was literally 30-40min max. My brother in-law installs them at his job an even he was amazed by the unit. to Matt an everyone else at AutoMaxService ....
Ditto got mine done today was well .... thanks for the help Matt and Matt!
Old 05-27-10, 03:11 AM
Pearl250
Rookie

Also, how do you get iGo8 to save all your settings. I hate it when its says "you are speeding" and having to set my clock to the right time zone each time.
you can fix that by going to the UNIT MENU(not the gps) -> go to setup->next -> turn off "GPS cold start".

that should fix your problem. as for the speed warning, you can turn that off in the Igo settings.
Old 05-27-10, 08:13 AM
vinsanity2
Driver School Candidate

Got mine installed too, and loving it.. Thanks Mat... the install instructions you provided in this forum helped a bunch.. Also got the Igo8 and loving it..

Downloaded mine from : http://www.flyaudio.us/forum/13-gps-...imit=6&start=6

High resolution instuctions here : http://www.flyaudio.us/forum/13-gps-...-flyaudio-unit

And updated maps, buildings, poi located here: http://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic....2cd1c199416629

help info on file types and folders to place the buildings, poi, and maps here (you may have to register its free): http://diimaps.webs.com/WEBPROTECT-igo83filetypes.htm

Now if i can only get the 3d cars to work..
and does anyone know how to remove the side menu bar to get a bigger map view, or would that require a skin..
Old 05-27-10, 09:19 AM
OH Nasty
Driver

Is there anyway to get CD text while listening to an MP3 cd? This would be a huge bummer if there wasn't, because even the stock non-nav system can do that. Am I just missing it somewhere?
Old 05-27-10, 09:33 AM
BoOst3d
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Pearl250
you can fix that by going to the UNIT MENU(not the gps) -> go to setup->next -> turn off "GPS cold start".

that should fix your problem. as for the speed warning, you can turn that off in the Igo settings.
still didnt work! I hate adjusting the time everytime
Old 05-27-10, 09:40 AM
bobmic
Driver School Candidate

Default Any firmware updates

Is there an updated firmware that will allow changing the temperature settings to Celsius and fix the Radio frequency error?
I got my unit in February and was hoping that by now I will see a firmware update that will address these issues as well as Ipod integration and and MP3 navigation.
Thx

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350