Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-10, 10:34 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blu SC3
I got mine an install time was literally 30-40min max. My brother in-law installs them at his job an even he was amazed by the unit. to Matt an everyone else at AutoMaxService ....
Glad to hear you got it installed and are enjoying it!

Originally Posted by mushybreak
Ditto got mine done today was well .... thanks for the help Matt and Matt!
Awesome! Anytime!

Originally Posted by bobmic
Is there an updated firmware that will allow changing the temperature settings to Celsius and fix the Radio frequency error?
I got my unit in February and was hoping that by now I will see a firmware update that will address these issues as well as Ipod integration and and MP3 navigation.
Thx
There is no update yet. I will let everyone know if I hear anything. Thanks!
Old 05-27-10, 11:27 AM
swyner
Driver School Candidate

Default iGO8

Originally Posted by vinsanity2
Got mine installed too, and loving it.. Thanks Mat... the install instructions you provided in this forum helped a bunch.. Also got the Igo8 and loving it..

Downloaded mine from : http://www.flyaudio.us/forum/13-gps-...imit=6&start=6

High resolution instuctions here : http://www.flyaudio.us/forum/13-gps-...-flyaudio-unit

And updated maps, buildings, poi located here: http://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic....2cd1c199416629

help info on file types and folders to place the buildings, poi, and maps here (you may have to register its free): http://diimaps.webs.com/WEBPROTECT-igo83filetypes.htm

Now if i can only get the 3d cars to work..
and does anyone know how to remove the side menu bar to get a bigger map view, or would that require a skin..

Great info! I was able to find other sources to get the files I needed to make up the program. It works sooooo much better than Odyssey! However, I need someone else to confirm with me if it's running as well as it should. I used to own a PNA device with this exact software on it and it was smooth, high refresh rate, no "jumps" as you moved in the map...best I have seen! However, I have tried multiple settings, multiple versions of this for my FlyAudio and I cannot get the same smoothness (no jumps, turns are video game like...rendering is smooth). I read a lot about modifying the SYS.txt file and nothing works! I was wondering if anyone can share their experience? Is this a software issue? Hardware issue (can Flyaudio processor keep up, RAM?) For anyone using this in Canada (I see a few of you), maybe it's the Canadian maps??? Any help would be appreciated!
Old 05-27-10, 04:27 PM
Pearl250
Rookie

Originally Posted by BoOst3d
still didnt work! I hate adjusting the time everytime
Then you probably didn't install it properly. the setting are not suppose to reset every time u start your car. might wana check some of your wiring.
Old 05-28-10, 12:39 AM
isl5007
Driver School Candidate

Hey!

So I'm no stranger to the beautiful IS but I am new to this forum, you're all a lot of help and I just got my FlyAudio unit installed today and it's perfect. Also an appraisal to Mat for the great customer service and help he has provided me in questions and purchases. I highly suggest this unit to anyone who's researching it, especially when there's this forum here to help you with pretty much any questions or problems you might have. Thanks!
Old 05-28-10, 12:40 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by isl5007
Hey!

So I'm no stranger to the beautiful IS but I am new to this forum, you're all a lot of help and I just got my FlyAudio unit installed today and it's perfect. Also an appraisal to Mat for the great customer service and help he has provided me in questions and purchases. I highly suggest this unit to anyone who's researching it, especially when there's this forum here to help you with pretty much any questions or problems you might have. Thanks!
Welcome to CL
Old 05-28-10, 12:41 AM
isl5007
Driver School Candidate

Thanks! I'm starting to really take measures for my car so I'm open to ideas and advice.
Old 05-28-10, 08:03 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by isl5007
Hey!

Thanks, I am glad you are loving the FlyAudio. Let me know if you have any questions!
Old 05-28-10, 01:24 PM
isl5007
Driver School Candidate

So... Would anyone be kind enough to send me the iGO8 files? I can't find them...
Old 05-28-10, 01:44 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by swyner
Great info! I was able to find other sources to get the files I needed to make up the program. It works sooooo much better than Odyssey! However, I need someone else to confirm with me if it's running as well as it should. I used to own a PNA device with this exact software on it and it was smooth, high refresh rate, no "jumps" as you moved in the map...best I have seen! However, I have tried multiple settings, multiple versions of this for my FlyAudio and I cannot get the same smoothness (no jumps, turns are video game like...rendering is smooth). I read a lot about modifying the SYS.txt file and nothing works! I was wondering if anyone can share their experience? Is this a software issue? Hardware issue (can Flyaudio processor keep up, RAM?) For anyone using this in Canada (I see a few of you), maybe it's the Canadian maps??? Any help would be appreciated!
I've tried two versions of iGo8. The first one I found rotated smoothly. Not quite videogame-smooth but pretty good. But it had some odd glitches I couldn't stand. Got another version but it also included 3D buildings, terrain and speedtrap info and this one didn't have the same glitches (except for the 1 hour difference thing which Pearl250's post fixed), but this one didn't rotate as smooth as the first version, I guess it has too much info to process.
Old 05-28-10, 04:19 PM
Pearl250
Rookie

Hey IceIridium.do you know if we have IS meetings in Vancouver?
Old 05-28-10, 05:58 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Pearl250
Hey IceIridium.do you know if we have IS meetings in Vancouver?
Not sure, I think someone tried to do one last year on the Vancouver Spotted thread but due to it being really late at night not many showed. I don't think there's anything regular.
Old 05-28-10, 06:04 PM
djzx
Rookie

I am eagerly waiting for a firmware update...so many little annoyances here and there.
Old 05-28-10, 08:40 PM
Pearl250
Rookie

Originally Posted by IceIridium
Not sure, I think someone tried to do one last year on the Vancouver Spotted thread but due to it being really late at night not many showed. I don't think there's anything regular.
I think we should get people to come out for the summer. the weather is getting sunnier. I know that revscene members meet every season. so there should be one for the summer. maybe we can meet some new IS/lexus members.
Old 06-01-10, 08:49 AM
dee5330
Driver School Candidate

I've noticed that my Flyaudio buttons don't illuminate at night. Is this normal? Also, I noticed that I can't control the rear windows from the front drivers side window controls anymore. I've plugged everything correctly when I installed it. Just wondering if some of you have the same issues?
Old 06-01-10, 08:53 AM
mushybreak
Driver

Go to each window and hold the button all the way down then all the way up ... this will unlock the windows. They should be an auto dim button in the setup options.

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350