Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-10, 09:06 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

The steps mushybreak detailed should fix your power window issues - as for the buttons not illuminating at night, that's not right. The buttons should illuminate exactly like the OEM ones do. There is a delay however, as the system powers up. In other words, if you turn your car on at night and turn on the headlights, the buttons on the FlyAudio unit won't illuminate until the system boots. It's usually about a 3-5 second delay in this specific situation.

Javier
Old 06-01-10, 12:31 PM
dee5330
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys!! Will try it out after I get out of work.
Old 06-02-10, 04:42 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dee5330
Thanks guys!! Will try it out after I get out of work.
Did you figure out what was going on? Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!
Old 06-03-10, 10:53 AM
ItWasntMe
Rookie

Dee530,

you can fix that by going to the UNIT MENU(not the gps) -> go to setup->next -> turn on "auto dimming". that should fix the problem.
Old 06-03-10, 06:34 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Fun with iGo8 when you're bored...

Not sure if everybody knows that you can change the loading screen of iGo8 by replacing the bmp files. Here's mine:

Name:  LOAD.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  61.9 KB

But for the heck of it, I also changed a couple more in the system info screen, which uses different pictures depending on if on day mode or night mode.

Here's my day mode:

Name:  DAY.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  44.1 KB

Here's my night mode:

Name:  NIGHT.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  37.2 KB

I won't argue with you if you think it's pointless, but I thought I'd share anyway. I think it looks cool. LOL
Old 06-03-10, 06:43 PM
texasborn
Rookie

Originally Posted by IceIridium
Fun with iGo8 when you're bored...

Hey thanks for sharing. I'm already getting bored with summer reruns.
Old 06-06-10, 02:10 AM
ollran
Driver School Candidate

One qustestion. My IS 250 f-sport year 2010 comes alredy whit bluetooth and mic and I wonder if its possible to use the alredy installed mic to the flyAudio units bluetooth?
Old 06-06-10, 06:31 AM
eedwin2010
Driver School Candidate

Question, From the youtube review of some of flyaudio units I dont see any SAT functions , Will my SAT functions be available in the console (i.e music, channel etc)?
Old 06-06-10, 11:28 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ollran
One qustestion. My IS 250 f-sport year 2010 comes alredy whit bluetooth and mic and I wonder if its possible to use the alredy installed mic to the flyAudio units bluetooth?
No, the inputs are different, as is the rear view camera. A swap WILL NOT be plug-and-play for those with OEM navigation units.

Javier
Old 06-06-10, 12:23 PM
ollran
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by javyLSU
No, the inputs are different, as is the rear view camera. A swap WILL NOT be plug-and-play for those with OEM navigation units.

Javier
You can not splice in a plug that fits the flyaudio unit? Maybe a 3.5 mm if it will be one of those. Feels a little unnecessary to install a mic when I already have one. Does anyone know what cables go to the mic?

excuse my bad English, I come from Sweden
Old 06-11-10, 02:35 PM
Aznkiddo34
Driver School Candidate

Default Flyaudio Nav Unit screen gets stuck in the bottom corner

Hi everyone!

I just recently installed a really great Flyaudio unit into my car this past week! But it's started to act funny =( When I start up the unit, I noticed it'll get "stuck" on the bottom right corner option. As if a ghost hand keeps pushing the bottom right corner of the screen!

It'll actually stop doing that after maybe 5 minutes? Was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem and had found a solution to it? It's actually gotten worse over the last couple days...much much thanks in advance to anyone that can help!
Old 06-13-10, 11:17 AM
swyner
Driver School Candidate

Anyone able to install Navigon GPS software on the Flyaudio unit? This runs on Windows CE and Windows Mobile like iGO so don't see why not?? I tried this weekend with multiple PNA and PDA versions of Navigon and cannot get it to work....I know there are a lot of members here that have got Garmin and Tom Tom to work and know we have people with the knowledge....please let me know!
Old 06-14-10, 10:23 AM
markolomew
Rookie

Hey guys, I'm having some harness issues with my FlyAudio main harness cable and I need to verify some basic things to troubleshoot it:

When you are plugging the harness cable into the flyaudio (the one with the black connector that fits into the flyaudio that has multiple white connectors on the end), it is all one-for-one plugins except for one. There should be one slot that is not plugged into. I just need to verify which one it is.

If memory serves: all plugs on the harness need to be connected. On the CD changer, there are three slots on the back: a large, small, and medium (in that order). I believe the Large and the Small are both used but the medium is left open. This same Medium plug is connected to the fly audio harness instead.

Is this correct? let me know.
Old 06-14-10, 12:06 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by swyner
Anyone able to install Navigon GPS software on the Flyaudio unit? This runs on Windows CE and Windows Mobile like iGO so don't see why not?? I tried this weekend with multiple PNA and PDA versions of Navigon and cannot get it to work....I know there are a lot of members here that have got Garmin and Tom Tom to work and know we have people with the knowledge....please let me know!
I have navigon on my iphone, and its better than any GPS system I have ever used. It would would be awesome to get navigon running on the FlyAudio system
Old 06-15-10, 08:36 AM
markolomew
Rookie

Originally Posted by markolomew
Hey guys, I'm having some harness issues with my FlyAudio main harness cable and I need to verify some basic things to troubleshoot it:

When you are plugging the harness cable into the flyaudio (the one with the black connector that fits into the flyaudio that has multiple white connectors on the end), it is all one-for-one plugins except for one. There should be one slot that is not plugged into. I just need to verify which one it is.

If memory serves: all plugs on the harness need to be connected. On the CD changer, there are three slots on the back: a large, small, and medium (in that order). I believe the Large and the Small are both used but the medium is left open. This same Medium plug is connected to the fly audio harness instead.

Is this correct? let me know.
anyone out there?

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350