Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-10, 09:28 AM
kstar22
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my unit on Friday and I'm getting it installed today. I must say that Matt at Automax as been extremely helpful and has answered every single one of my 1 million questions that I've asked him in the past 2 weeks or so. He even called UPS a couple of times to change my delivery to a pickup and back to delivery.

And the camera looks a lot better than the older ones I saw a few people had installed, I dont think this will standout as much.

So if you guys want to buy a unit I suggest you contact Matt at Automax, you wont be disappointed.

Last edited by javyLSU; 07-31-10 at 11:51 PM.
Old 07-19-10, 04:24 PM
finsfan9
Driver School Candidate

Default XM Sat working with Fly audio

Hello all,
I have spoke with mat @ Automax about if XM Sat will work through the unit. He said that it is not setup for it yet. Though I could use an external Sat unit through the Aux and it will work. I have XM Sat installed already going to my factory unit ( no external unit ) and was wondering if anyone has just bought an external Sat unit and just used the Aux and it worked without having to rewire it. Thanks.

Rob
Old 07-19-10, 06:39 PM
djzx
Rookie

Originally Posted by kstar22

And the camera looks a lot better than the older ones I saw a few people had installed, I dont think this will standout as much.
Can you show me what the "new" one looks like?
Old 07-19-10, 08:35 PM
kstar22
Driver School Candidate

I will take some pictures tomorrow and post them .. is there a way to set the AM/FM stations?
Old 07-19-10, 10:29 PM
2006Onyx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kstar22
I will take some pictures tomorrow and post them .. is there a way to set the AM/FM stations?
Tune to the station you want, then press and hold the "preset" on the screen.

Viola!

cheers!
Old 07-22-10, 10:16 AM
swyner
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by finsfan9
Hello all,
I have spoke with mat @ Automax about if XM Sat will work through the unit. He said that it is not setup for it yet. Though I could use an external Sat unit through the Aux and it will work. I have XM Sat installed already going to my factory unit ( no external unit ) and was wondering if anyone has just bought an external Sat unit and just used the Aux and it worked without having to rewire it. Thanks.

Rob
My XM dealer installed Lexus OEM unit (in the trunk) WORKS with Flyaudio, except you cannot see the stations or information. If you hit the AM/SAT button twice, it will cycle through like it did on OEM stereo and you will hear your Satellite. Remember, the bottom portion of the stereo (the receiver) is not changed with Flyaudio and since the Satellite plugs in there, sound will work. Not ideal but good enough for now.
Old 07-22-10, 04:02 PM
SC3coupe
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by swyner
My XM dealer installed Lexus OEM unit (in the trunk) WORKS with Flyaudio, except you cannot see the stations or information. If you hit the AM/SAT button twice, it will cycle through like it did on OEM stereo and you will hear your Satellite. Remember, the bottom portion of the stereo (the receiver) is not changed with Flyaudio and since the Satellite plugs in there, sound will work. Not ideal but good enough for now.
Seems to be not very useful, because you cannot know what channel you are on without any display at all.
Old 07-22-10, 04:08 PM
SC3coupe
Instructor

Originally Posted by javyLSU
The cable is more than long enough to reach the center armrest. I ran mine to the cupholder and there's cable to spare. The iPod cable is built into the main harness for the unit, it's not a separate plug (so it's not a "standard USB" plug).

Javier
Any picture of your armrest console and cables? Did you have to knock a big hole in there to let the harness through. I am interested in using the aux audio video input, so that sounds better than the glove box since there is power there also.
Old 07-22-10, 05:53 PM
swyner
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Stock4AG
Seems to be not very useful, because you cannot know what channel you are on without any display at all.
I agree but the whole point is it "works" to some degree and satellite is not totally lost. Like I said, not ideal but it should be clear to everyone that the sound will work, and if you set your presets in your OEM nav display, these will remain so all I have to do is push up or down to go to my presets.
Old 07-22-10, 08:26 PM
djzx
Rookie

any body here have a picture of the updated backup camera?
Old 07-23-10, 10:29 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by djzx
any body here have a picture of the updated backup camera?
Here is the camera we are currently INCLUDING with all FlyAudio purchases for Club Lexus members.

Last edited by javyLSU; 07-31-10 at 11:52 PM.
Old 07-23-10, 11:04 AM
swyner
Driver School Candidate

Anyone have an external amp that they hooked up? I am in the process of adding a mono block amp to run a subwoofer and ran the RCA's from the flyaudio unit to my trunk. I am pretty sure I used the correct RCA out in the back of the flyaudio unit because they were the only audio only pair. Can someone else confirm their's works? Is there something I need to "turn on" in the software?
Old 07-24-10, 12:08 AM
SC3coupe
Instructor

The flyaudio camera seems nice and small,
I bought my own that is even one size smaller.
We'll see how it performs
Old 07-24-10, 05:00 PM
MKsky
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New backup camera

Installed my flyaudio navi system today that i got few weeks ago. i could install this few weeks ago but i'm waiting for this back up camera that i brough from Taiwan to ship over. I'm sure you guys will be interest after seeing my uploaded pictures below.

To install this camera require outter trunk plate to be removed.

This is the camera i brought from Taiwan (sorry it's all chinese) (front cover)

(back cover)

Here you go!

another angle

another angle

Place the sticker in between license plate lights and drill holes where the sticker shows.

Finish drilling and have the outer case installed

Camera installed, looks alot smaller then the stock one! ^.^

Here is the picture from the flyaudio screen with colored lines

Once again, Thanks for Tommy at Musicbox did a awsome job on this new unit.

Mark

Last edited by MKsky; 07-24-10 at 05:05 PM.
Old 07-24-10, 06:22 PM
SC3coupe
Instructor

great job finding and installing that camera, I looked a whole lot and couldn't find one like that

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350