Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-10 | 06:12 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Stock4AG
I found the odessy nav software has text to speech select "English TTS"

the voice become louder and clearer quality and now match the CD music volume, makes the software much more usable.
That's very interesting. I just tested it on a couple different systems and it seems to increase the volume each time when the "English TTS" is selected over regular "English"

Great find, thanks for the info!
Old 08-05-10 | 12:14 AM
ekwlee
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Automax Service
Try recalibrating the screen and see if that corrects the issue. Here is the procedure:

Turn the car off, then hold your finger in the middle of the FlyAudio screen. Start the car and there will be a + sign that appears in the top left hand corner of the screen, tap that, it will move to a different part of the screen, tap the + sign again, and then let the system restart. That usually fixes those kinds of bugs.
nope..did it twice in fact
Old 08-05-10 | 12:16 AM
ekwlee
Pole Position

Originally Posted by javyLSU
^Let FlyAudio know!!! Post in this thread to let the engineers at FlyAudio know how you feel.

Javier
already did....matt you should try and harass them more! :-p...kuz im sure it'll maek more business to them and for you if they fix these bugs
Old 08-05-10 | 12:24 AM
ekwlee
Pole Position

lol..i dont know if it's me but even if i turn up the radio when im on a bluetooth call..i think my phone's speaker phone is still louder then the bluetooth on the flyaudio..
Old 08-05-10 | 07:28 AM
SC3coupe
Instructor

Does anyone know what Cold start GPS mean.
it seems to revert back to 1 setting anyway after reboot.
Old 08-05-10 | 08:03 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

"Cold Start GPS" makes the GPS search for satellites from scratch every time instead of "remembering" which satellites were in view when the system was turned off. You'd normally want to keep that off unless you're troubleshooting a problem with the system.

Javier
Old 08-05-10 | 08:45 AM
SC3coupe
Instructor

"Cold Start GPS" makes the GPS search for satellites from scratch every time instead of "remembering" which satellites were in view when the system was turned off. You'd normally want to keep that off unless you're troubleshooting a problem with the system.

Javier
I see, thanks
I do have the problem with IGO being 1 hour slower, have to go into the GPS time menu to uncheck and check the box again then it will add the hour back.

if I repeatedly cycle the power then it seems to keep its time. But I waited overnight and it's 1 hour off again.

Hopefully turning off the cold start fixes it, but seem like a bug in IGO.

I tried to not use auto correction to time zone and set mine to Los Angeles but it didn't seem to remember the timezone. also.. I did press Exit on the application a few times so I know the program exited properly.
Old 08-05-10 | 08:49 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

^Did you check your Daylight Savings Time correction settings? That could be your problem...

Javier
Old 08-05-10 | 09:01 AM
SC3coupe
Instructor

^Did you check your Daylight Savings Time correction settings? That could be your problem...

Javier
I thought it might be the case but I don't see anything about daylight savings on mine.
right now I am trying something called

[timezone]
sync_os_timezone=0
reset_os_timezone=0

then I plan to not use the auto correct based on location, hopefully it keeps it's LAX timezone. Because this is not a portable GPS and I am not driving out of state at such speed. My theory is that the timezone on the flyaudio OS is set to GMT 0 and that's what Igo is picking up
Old 08-05-10 | 09:07 AM
BoOst3d
Lead Lap

i just did a manual input on the timezone on the system file.

[timezone]
sync_os_timezone=5
reset_os_timezone=0
Old 08-05-10 | 10:25 AM
SC3coupe
Instructor

Originally Posted by Stock4AG
I thought it might be the case but I don't see anything about daylight savings on mine.
right now I am trying something called

[timezone]
sync_os_timezone=0
reset_os_timezone=0

then I plan to not use the auto correct based on location, hopefully it keeps it's LAX timezone. Because this is not a portable GPS and I am not driving out of state at such speed. My theory is that the timezone on the flyaudio OS is set to GMT 0 and that's what Igo is picking up

I tested this fix and it stays at Pacific time zone now. I am not using auto correction at all (second check box)
Old 08-05-10 | 11:17 AM
SC3coupe
Instructor

here is some explaination of microSD card speed and classes.

I just got the $10 Sandisk 2GB now but looking into faster speed.
The reader from the flyaudio unit may not handle the full speed though so faster cards could be a waste of money.

http://zedomax.com/blog/2010/04/19/f...d-card-review/

Which cards are you guys using?

Last edited by SC3coupe; 08-05-10 at 11:20 AM.
Old 08-06-10 | 01:43 PM
ollran
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Automax Service
The screen will not go black. Nothing will change on the screen when you put the car in reverse if you do not have a backup camera.

You need to get the updated harness from for the US based cars from FlyAudio (US based company. www.flyaudio.us). The airbag light will remain on until you switch the harness.

I have tried to contact www.flyaudio.us but has not get any response,
So I'll take and modify the cable harness. There is a 14 pin connector with only nine pins in, (same as the one on the original front). I wonder how the connector looks like on yours harness?

Top row from right on the back of the contact I have the following cables:
Black, Green/Yellow, Empty, Empty, Yellow/Black, Yellow, Empty
Bottom row from right:
Green, Pink, Empty, Red/Black, Red, Blue/White, Empty

I had been really grateful if someone could help myself with this, maybe someone knows where all the cables go?

While I write I can take this opportunity to ask what the difference is on the Dest and Navi buttons on the unit?

Thanks / Olle
Old 08-06-10 | 03:05 PM
iamperez24
Driver School Candidate

Has anyone had an issue while playing your ipod and the unti will switch to AM? Sometime it happens alot and other not at all
Old 08-06-10 | 07:03 PM
noliesss
Driver

does anyone know how you could switch between folders when playing an MP3 CD with the cd changer? This feature seems to be missing. Could skip but not change folder

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350