Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-10, 09:13 PM
SC3coupe
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by noliesss
does anyone know how you could switch between folders when playing an MP3 CD with the cd changer? This feature seems to be missing. Could skip but not change folder
I just roll the **** on the right side to fast forward to the next folder
not perfect but works ok
Old 08-07-10, 12:17 AM
SC3coupe
Instructor

To change the IGO to start up with mapview instead of menu
There is a file inside data.zip ui_igo8/common/start.ui
you can change the lines

Code:
else_runif nUserMode 0 'STATE st_AdvMenu'
else_run 'STATE st_BasMenu'
to

Code:
 else_runif nUserMode 0 'STATE st_NavigateMap'
 else_run 'STATE st_NavigateMap'
I think this is more like OEM because most people don't need to enter an address everytime they drive.
Old 08-07-10, 02:34 AM
ekwlee
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iamperez24
Has anyone had an issue while playing your ipod and the unti will switch to AM? Sometime it happens alot and other not at all
+1...yes..........
Old 08-07-10, 05:40 AM
mushybreak
Driver

Originally Posted by Stock4AG
To change the IGO to start up with mapview instead of menu
There is a file inside data.zip ui_igo8/common/start.ui
you can change the lines

Code:
else_runif nUserMode 0 'STATE st_AdvMenu'
else_run 'STATE st_BasMenu'
to

Code:
 else_runif nUserMode 0 'STATE st_NavigateMap'
 else_run 'STATE st_NavigateMap'
I think this is more like OEM because most people don't need to enter an address everytime they drive.

Thanks so much!!
Old 08-11-10, 01:22 PM
Alantjai
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have just got IGO 8, and put the data on the SD, but the unit cant find it

Can someone help me with the map structure etc?

Thank you.
Old 08-12-10, 08:59 AM
OH Nasty
Driver

"Thank you all for your comments. Most of these issues have actually been addressed, and fixed. And Victor was right about it. We now have TWO engineers here trying to fix all the problems. However, the exciting news will have to stop here because our factory decided to put all these updates in the new generation products.

I believe that they do it that way because they also had to change the hardware inside the products. Our products for Lexus was later changed to FA series, instead of 8000 series. FA series products are different in their build, and their newer version will come out the latest.

We said our products were upgradeable, but not all upgrades are available. We apologize for the confusion. "

Did anyone see this? edwardw an admin from the FlyAudio forum posted this in the Updated BIOS for Lexus IS350 E8039-NAVI - WHEN? thread. This doesn't sit well. So to get any type of upgrades in the software we are going to have to upgrade to the next-gen system?
Old 08-12-10, 10:00 AM
SC3coupe
Instructor

Originally Posted by OH Nasty
"Thank you all for your comments. Most of these issues have actually been addressed, and fixed. And Victor was right about it. We now have TWO engineers here trying to fix all the problems. However, the exciting news will have to stop here because our factory decided to put all these updates in the new generation products.

I believe that they do it that way because they also had to change the hardware inside the products. Our products for Lexus was later changed to FA series, instead of 8000 series. FA series products are different in their build, and their newer version will come out the latest.

We said our products were upgradeable, but not all upgrades are available. We apologize for the confusion. "

Did anyone see this? edwardw an admin from the FlyAudio forum posted this in the Updated BIOS for Lexus IS350 E8039-NAVI - WHEN? thread. This doesn't sit well. So to get any type of upgrades in the software we are going to have to upgrade to the next-gen system?
If that is their company's philosophy than big thumbs down, I will not be a customer again. Many of the bugs are clearly addressable with just software changes. I am a software engineer and I am sure many here are, it's not hard to change between 12 and 0 based on AM or PM.
So it sounds like they are deliberately not giving us updates in hopes we will buy the next revision of the hardware. They can keep on hoping if that is the case.
I think the official dealer(s) of flyaudio products needs to have a chat with the flyaudio corporate guys to get some proper customer service delivered here.
Old 08-12-10, 12:03 PM
Alantjai
Pole Position

Igo works well!
Old 08-12-10, 12:14 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Stock4AG
If that is their company's philosophy than big thumbs down, I will not be a customer again. Many of the bugs are clearly addressable with just software changes. I am a software engineer and I am sure many here are, it's not hard to change between 12 and 0 based on AM or PM.
So it sounds like they are deliberately not giving us updates in hopes we will buy the next revision of the hardware. They can keep on hoping if that is the case.
I think the official dealer(s) of flyaudio products needs to have a chat with the flyaudio corporate guys to get some proper customer service delivered here.
I've posted my displeasure with that response in that thread, and I suggest all of you do the same.

Javier
Old 08-12-10, 12:20 PM
markolomew
Rookie

The FlyAudio Stereo you have purchased is a piece of CRAP.

Take 2 minutes to register to the Flyaudio forum and post your thoughts. There is still talk about fixing the bugs they claimed they would still, but if not, we can at least tell them to exchange our pieces of crap for what they are replacing it for. Keep in mind, this product that we all spent way too much for is less than a year old and is being left in the dust. DO NOT LET YOUR INVESTMENT BE WASTED. click on the link and do your part:

http://flyaudio.us/forum/11-products...mit=6&start=18
Old 08-12-10, 12:23 PM
SC3coupe
Instructor

CL angry mob in full effect.
Old 08-12-10, 12:55 PM
MKsky
Pit Crew

Worst company service ever. Will not buying their product in the future nor suggest to anyone else. I will also post this unaccetable reply on TW IS250post to keep people stay out of it. Good luck on the new product Flyaudio.

Mark
Old 08-12-10, 01:38 PM
markolomew
Rookie

Originally Posted by MKsky
Worst company service ever. Will not buying their product in the future nor suggest to anyone else. I will also post this unaccetable reply on TW IS250post to keep people stay out of it. Good luck on the new product Flyaudio.

Mark
I'm glad you agree, but unless you post on their main forum (listed in the link a couple posts above) the "right" people will not hear your complaints. Please copy and paste what you wrote here on their forum, please.
Old 08-12-10, 05:00 PM
MKsky
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by markolomew
I'm glad you agree, but unless you post on their main forum (listed in the link a couple posts above) the "right" people will not hear your complaints. Please copy and paste what you wrote here on their forum, please.
Just posted my command on their web. Hope they can solved this problem quick.
Old 08-12-10, 06:20 PM
djzx
Rookie

Ridicules...they better not f-around like that...

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350